Terms that I don't understand

Aisha muslima

:salam2:

I wrote a little post about the hijab, and I use also the english translation of Ibnu Kathir' s tafsir, and translate a little part of it in italian language (the language of the article). But in this tafsir, I found two arabic terms that I don' t understand. One of this is "ridà", and the other is "'izar". I understand that those are two terms that talks about some garments, but is not clear for me what tipe of garments are those. Can someone of you help me and tell me the english translation?

Thank you!

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I am sure a native speaker of Arabic can help but I found this definition of izar

izar - a voluminous cotton outer garment (usually white) traditionally worn by Muslim women of northern Africa and the Middle East; covers the entire body

Yes please forgive me also if I am wrong.

:wasalam:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
assalamu alikum dear sister
as i see there is no reply to your question so far, i would answer it, i am not 100% on it.
something is better than nothing:) , and hope it is not missleading.

rida = a piece of garment used to wrap around one's body. it is just a simple piece of garment and rectaungular in shape. it is wide and long enough to cover the trunk of one's body

izar = i think it is either trouser or a piece of cloth used to cover the lower part of the body.

perhaps these are terms used for the 2 pieces of garments used by male pilgrims during Haj to cover their bodies.

apologies if i am wrong

wassalam