Terrorism & Violence

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Asalamalakum brothers and sisters. Recently I have been thinking about the amount of Islamophobia in the media today, especially in the West. For example on news reports when a car bomb explodes in Afghanistan the news reporter always says something to do with Islam such as "Islamic terrorists were responsible..."

How can the media always refer to Islam as the cause of these horrific acts? Also how can these terrorists be classified as Muslims in the media when Islam clearly opposes terrorism? Islam means submission to Allah (SWT) yet the media turn it the other way around to make it as if it is not. One final thing is that personally it frustrates me to see almost all the time that someone goes out and kills innocent people for no valid reason like a bombing in Afghanistan by the Taliban or whoever. I know that everyone will be accountable for their actions on Judgement Day but it just annoys me so much that people commit these acts of violence. How severely will they be punished by Allah (SWT) and what are your opinions on this issue?

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

With due respect Brother, the word Islam does not means peace and love. Otherwise we would have been saying Islam Alaikum and not Salam Alaikum. Islam means to submit your will to Allaah سبحانه وتعالى, and acquire peace through it.

strive-may-i

You should read other threads in this section. Am sure, you will get lot of insights! And then come back and tell us, what do you think ....

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
:salam2:

With due respect Brother, the word Islam does not means peace and love. Otherwise we would have been saying Islam Alaikum and not Salam Alaikum. Islam means to submit your will to Allaah سبحانه وتعالى, and acquire peace through it.
Thanks for your explanation brother. :) I just realised I had made a tiny mistake. I have fixed it up now.

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
You should read other threads in this section. Am sure, you will get lot of insights! And then come back and tell us, what do you think ....
I have read a few other posts in this section and have gained a bit of an insight. They are great. Thanks brother.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Asalamalakum brothers and sisters. Recently I have been thinking about the amount of Islamophobia in the media today, especially in the West. For example on news reports when a car bomb explodes in Afghanistan the news reporter always says something to do with Islam such as "Islamic terrorists were responsible..."

How can the media always refer to Islam as the cause of these horrific acts? Also how can these terrorists be classified as Muslims in the media when Islam clearly opposes terrorism? Islam means submission to Allah (SWT) yet the media turn it the other way around to make it as if it is not. One final thing is that personally it frustrates me to see almost all the time that someone goes out and kills innocent people for no valid reason like a bombing in Afghanistan by the Taliban or whoever. I know that everyone will be accountable for their actions on Judgement Day but it just annoys me so much that people commit these acts of violence. How severely will they be punished by Allah (SWT) and what are your opinions on this issue?

Wa alaikome salam

You know what really has been frustrating me lately? I am fully aware that the "west" or specifically the United States has much Islamaphobia but why is it that EVERY time the media is mentioned in a bad way for reporting one sidedness its ALWAYS the "west" which is blamed?

I mean I get really frustrated when I hear this constantly. I might have believed it to be true but I have lived in Morocco for a full year now and on the television here is the SAME news that I saw when I lived in the United States and they are still reporting bombings in Afghanistan and it is still blamed on the Taliban! I dont live in the "west" but the news is the same everywhere.

I really think we should try to refrain from blaming every tiny bit of Islamaphobia on the "west" and realize that Islamaphobia is EVERYWHERE and not exclusive to a certain area. My husband tells me I am wrong for feeling this way but I cant help feeling "attacked" everytime someone blames the "west" for the problems our Ummah faces. Please forgive me if I have said something wrong. I guess I just needed to vent.

wa salam

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Wa alaikome salam

You know what really has been frustrating me lately? I am fully aware that the "west" or specifically the United States has much Islamaphobia but why is it that EVERY time the media is mentioned in a bad way for reporting one sidedness its ALWAYS the "west" which is blamed?

I mean I get really frustrated when I hear this constantly. I might have believed it to be true but I have lived in Morocco for a full year now and on the television here is the SAME news that I saw when I lived in the United States and they are still reporting bombings in Afghanistan and it is still blamed on the Taliban! I dont live in the "west" but the news is the same everywhere.

I really think we should try to refrain from blaming every tiny bit of Islamaphobia on the "west" and realize that Islamaphobia is EVERYWHERE and not exclusive to a certain area. My husband tells me I am wrong for feeling this way but I cant help feeling "attacked" everytime someone blames the "west" for the problems our Ummah faces. Please forgive me if I have said something wrong. I guess I just needed to vent.

wa salam
I completely agree with you sister. Islamophobia is on the rise especially since 9/11 which gave it a massive spike up but the ironic thing is that Islam is the fastest growing and biggest religion in the world today. No matter how much rubbish is out there, Islam will still remain strong. Alhamdulillah!

ayesha.ansari

Oops

Well this is all blessing of Americans and all those people who are continuously working on defaming Islam and muslim.:tti_sister: