The Aspirations of a believer

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
‘Let not any of you die, except that he assumes the best from Allah’ [Bukhari]

On a daily basis, we may wonder and stress about our aspirations and ambitions in our temporary abode, ad-dunya (this world); where are we going, what are we going to achieve, what do people expect of us, I want to do this-and-this by the time I’m so-and-so age and so on till our minds and actions become so consumed by them. Yet, SubhanAllah we are but wayfarers (travellers) here, passing through; when asked on the Day of Judgement about our time here, we will say it was ‘but a morning’…‘but an afternoon’, nothing more. Do we ever truly contemplate on our aspirations for our eternal abode, al-Akhirah??? Our destination, the place we will reside forever once we have travelled as travellers through this world. What are our aspirations of this Akhirah??? What are our aspirations of Allah (swt)??? More importantly, do our words, actions and deeds reflect these aspirations???

Our limbs, tongues, thoughts, actions, our dealings with people, our character and manners, our outlook, are all ultimately manifestations of our inner aspirations. For they will lead us to what we aspire for. If they act in a way that aspires for Jannah, we will be people of Jannah. If they act in a way that aspires for Jahanam, we will be people of Jahanam. May Allah (swt) protect us from the Hellfire.

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘Whoever is among the people of prayer will be called (to paradise) from the door of prayer. Whoever is among the people of jihad will be called from the door of jihad. Whoever is among the people of sadaqa will be called from the door of sadaqa. Whoever is among the people of fasting will be called from the door of fasting and the door of Ar-Rayaan’. Abu Bakr (rdn) said, ‘Is anyone called from all of those doors, O Messenger of Allah (saw)?’ He (saw) said: “Yes, and I hope that you will be among them, Abu Bakr’ [Bukhari]

Such was the zeal and ambition of this unique group of believers who truly understood the focus and priority of their lives. A group of people, that when told believers would enter through different doors of Jannah, Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (rdn) aspired, and hoped, and wondered if anyone would be called by all of them. We would be honoured by the thought of entrance through just one gate, but they wanted to achieve the best, the peak, the pinnacle of reward from Allah (swt). They wanted to be of those who are honoured in the Akhirah. They knew, that someone who is called from all gates is someone who has attained the utmost pleasure of Allah (swt). Such a person had their aspirations for Akhirah at the forefront of their mind when they inhabited dunya. This beloved Sahaabah of Rasool (saw) understood that Allah (swt) can bestow and grant whatever He (swt) wishes, because Allah (swt)’s capabilities are limitless.

So shouldn’t we expect the best from Al-Kareem (the Most Generous), Al-Qadir (the Omnipotent), Al-Mu’izz (the Bestower of Honour) and Ar-Rafi (the Exalter)??? A Lord (swt) who created us with life, grants us death and will resurrect us again from mere dust and bone. A Lord (swt) who sustains us, Who knows our every thought, action and word, a Lord (swt) who ‘when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it Be! and it is’ [36:82].

Who else can give us the honour of being among those on the Day of Judgement whose ‘faces shall be Nadirah (shining and radiant), Looking at their Lord?’ [29:22-23],Who else will save us with His Mercy on the Day of Standing??? Who else can grant us a lofty station in Al-Firdaus??? Who else can give us ‘the best’??? Allah (swt) has honoured us with the chance to achieve the sweetness of His top rewards and pleasure. Allah (swt) allows us to fill our hearts with this aspiration, because He can give it to us. This is indeed a Lord who is Al Wadood (the Most Loving) to His slaves.

Abu Hurairah (rdn) narrated that the Prophet (saw) said; ‘Allah (swt), all Glory and Praise be to Him, has said, ‘Whatever My servant assumes of Me, that is how I will treat him, and I am with him when he remembers Me’ [Muslim]

Ibn al Qayyim once said: ‘Whoever reflects upon this issue (expecting the best from Allah) deeply will realise that having the best expectations from Allah (swt) is equivalent to having good deeds, and doing good for ones soul. For only when a person expects the best from Allah (swt), he will perform good deeds, since he will expect that Allah (swt) will reward him for his deeds and accept them. Therefore, the reason that he performed these good deeds was because of his good expectations of Allah (swt); so the more a person betters his expectations from Allah (swt), the more good deeds he does!’

So let us remember to ask Allah (swt) for the best in our du’as regularly and let us aspire and compete for the best with a strong desire, a longing and yearning from our hearts InshAllah. Let us earn an eternal abode in Al Firdaus like those dearest to Allah (swt) earned it before us.

May Allah (swt) make us of those who are worthy of the best from Him (swt) in our deeds. May Allah (swt) make us of those who expect the Best from Him, for verily only He (swt) can bestow us with it. May Allah (swt) grant us Al Firdaus. May we reside in the company of the best, who have been granted the best, by the One (swt) who grants and exalts whomsoever He wishes with the best.

Ameen, Allahumma Ameen, Ameen ya Rabbul ‘AlaMin.
Accept this du’a, O Allah accept this du’a, accept this du’a O Lord of the ‘AlaMin.

islam_best

Ammen Ya Mujeeb

Assalaamalaikun warahmatullahi wabarakathuu,

Ameen Ya Rahmaan Ameen Ya RAb

Ya Mujeeb Help us to resist all our wordly temptations till our deaths and make us hate all the useless stuff like muzic films etc till our deaths. Save us from the torment of the grave, of the hell-fire and of the Day of Judgemne t and grant us entrance to the Jannah thorugh all these doors. Ameen Ya Rabbulala'meen Ameen YA Mujeeb.Ameen Ya ghaffar.Ameen
:tti_sister:

Wassalaamalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathuu.