The Beginner's Guide to Writing an Essay | Steps & Examples

tocito

An academic essay is a focused piece of writing that develops an idea or argument using evidence, analysis and interpretation.

There are many types of essays you might write as a student. The content and length of an essay depends on your level, subject of study, and course requirements. However, most essays at university level are argumentative: they aim to persuade the reader of a particular position or perspective on a topic.

The essay writing process consists of three main stages:

Preparation: Decide on your topic, do your research, and create an essay outline.
Writing: Set out your argument in the introduction, develop it with evidence in the main body, and wrap it up with a conclusion.
Revision: Check the content, organization, grammar, spelling, and formatting of your essay.
In this guide, we walk you through what to include in the introduction, body and conclusion of an academic essay, using paragraphs from our interactive essay example.

bevox

With all these helpful hints and instructions, it is not a big deal to write an essay. But still you may find it an extremely difficult task for you. And I know how to do it painlessly. Just go to a writing agency, and professional writers will do everything for you. I can recommend you https://writingmetier.com/tok-essay-writing-service/. It is ideal for me.

PhillipWilliams

Hi guys. Thanks for the guidance. Although I am not new to this business, this information is also useful for me. I'm graduating from university, but I still can't write quality papers. That's why I used dissertation proposal writing services In the end, I got a brilliant job, thanks to which I was able to impress my professor and other teachers. I was just happy. Moreover, I was offered good discounts and I even saved some of my money. This is great.

Last edited: