The five hidden knowledge in Sura Luqman

yasin67

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِِ
Sura Luqman(31) 34. Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any one know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: nor does any one know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things). QURAN ( ENGLISH ) ( BY A. YUSUF ALİ )

I am starting this thread to add everybody's knowledge more inshallah.I think it would be beneficial.May Allah swt make us more understanding of Quran.Ameen.
At the end of Sura-i Luqman(34) Allah swt mentions five things that only He knows the secret of.And this article is about two of them which non believers or even believers may hesitate and question.How can we answer some tricky questions?

First of all what are these hidden knowledge?
1-Knowledge of Hour (Qıyamat-end of this life)
2-Knowledge of rain
3-Knowledge of fetus(embryo)
4-Knowledge of what to earn tomorrow
5-Knowledge of where to die

The writer of the article is Said Nursi Bediuzzaman(Video1,video2)

Here is

The Flashes (from his collection- Risale-i Nur)

16th Flash

In His Name!

And there is nothing but it glorifies Him with praise.

Peace be upon you, and God’s mercy and blessings.

My Dear Self-Sacrificing, Loyal, Conscientious Brothers, Hoja Sabri and Hâfiz Ali!

Although your important question about the verse at the end of Sura Luqman about the Five Hidden Things deserves an important reply, unfortunately neither my present state of mind nor physical condition permit such an answer. I shall only allude very concisely to one or two points your question touches on.

Your question shows that atheists who have deviated from true path of religion have made objections and criticisms concerning the time of rain falling and nature of the embryos in the womb from among the Five Hidden Things. They have said: “Instruments in the observatory can discover when rain is to fall, so someone other than God knows. Also the sex of embryos can be learnt by means of X-rays. This means it is possible to learn the Five Hidden Things.”

T h e A n s w e r : Not being tied to any law, the time rain falls is bound directly to Divine will. One instance of wisdom in its appearance from the treasury of mercy being dependent on a particular Divine wish is as follows:

The most important things in the universe and the most valuable are existence, life, light, and mercy, which look directly, without intermediary or veil, to Divine power and a particular Divine wish. In other creatures, apparent causes are veils to the disposal of Divine power, and regular laws and principles to an extent screen the Divine will and wish. However, such veils have not been placed on existence, life, light, and mercy, for the purpose they serve is not in force in those things.

Since the most important truths in existence are mercy and life, and rain is the source of life and means of mercy, indeed is pure mercy, for sure intermediaries will not veil it, neither will laws and monotony screen the wishes that pertain to God alone. In this way everyone in every situation will all the time be obliged to offer thanks and worship and supplications and prayers. If rain had been included under a law, everyone would have relied on the law and the door of thanks and supplication would have been closed.
It is clear that there are numerous benefits in the sun’s rising. But since it is tied to a regular law, supplications are not offered for its rising and thanks are not given. And since by means of the law human knowledge knows that it will rise again tomorrow, it is not counted among the matters of the Unseen. But since the particular occurences of rain do not follow any law, men are all the time obliged to take refuge at the Divine Court with prayers and supplications. And since human knowledge has been unable to specify the times of precipitation, they consider it to be a special bounty proceeding from the treasury of mercy alone, and truly offer thanks.

It is because of this that the verse includes the time of rain among the Five Hidden Things. Deducing the preliminaries of rain with instruments in observatories and specifying the times of precipitation is not knowing the Unseen, but through studying certain of its preliminaries knowing when it has emerged from the World of the Unseen and drawn close to the Manifest World.

When the most secret events of the Unseen occur, or when they are close to occurring, they are known through a sort of premonition. That is not knowing the Unseen, it is knowing something existent or its being close to existence. I myself even, through a sensitivity in my nerves, perceive the rain, sometimes twenty-four hours before it comes. That is to say, the rain has preliminaries, forerunners. They show themselves through a sort of dampness, making it known that rain is to follow. Just like a law, this situation is a means of reaching matters that have left the World of the Unseen but not yet entered the Manifest World. But to know when rain will fall that has not yet set foot in the Manifest World, nor left through a particular Divine wish the treasury of mercy, is peculiar to the One All-Knowing of the Unseen.

THE SECOND MATTER

Learning by means of X-rays whether a child in the womb is male or female is not contrary to the meaning of the verse, And He Who knows what is in the wombs, which refers to the Unseen. For what is intended by the verse are the preliminaries of the child’s particular capacity and the appointed course of its life, which it will acquire in the future, and even the wondrous stamp of the Eternally Besought One on its face—the child being known in this way is particular to the knowledge of the One All-Knowing of the Unseen. Even if a hundred thousand X-ray-like minds of men were to combine, they still could not discover its true features, each of which is a mark distinguishing the child from all the other members of the human race. So how could they discover the immaterial features of its abilities, which are a hundred times more wondrous than its physical features.

We said at the beginning that existence, life, and mercy are the most important truths in the universe and that the most important station is theirs. Therefore, one reason for that comprehensive truth of life looking with all its fine points and subtleties to the Divine will and wish and mercy, which are particular to God Almighty, is this:

It is because life together with all its faculties is the source and means of thanks and worship that laws and monotony, which are a veil to the will which is God’s alone, and apparent intermediaries, which screen mercy which is particular to God Almighty, have not been placed on it. Almighty God has two manifestations in the physical and non-physical features of unborn children.

One shows Divine Unity, Oneness, and Eternal Besoughtedness, whereby, being in conformity and agreement with other human beings in regard to basic members and human faculties, the child testifies to Divine Unity. With this tongue the child shouts out: “Whoever gave me these features and members is also the Maker of all human beings, who resemble me in regard to basic members, and He is also the Maker of all living beings.”

Thus, this tongue of the child in the womb does not pertain to the Unseen; it may be known since it follows the law and general rule and the species. It is a branch and tongue of the Manifest World which has entered the World of the Unseen.
The Second Aspect: Through the tongue of the features of its particular capacity and its individual features, it proclaims its Maker’s choice, will and wish and particular mercy and that He is under no restriction. But this tongue comes from the deepest Unseen; none apart from Pre-Eternal Knowledge can see it before it comes into existence, nor comprehend it. These features cannot be known while in the womb through one out of a thousand of its members being seen!

I n S h o r t : In the features of the embryo’s innate capacity and in its physical features there are both evidence for Divine Unity and proofs of Divine will and choice. If Almighty God grants success, a number of further points shall be written about the Five Hidden Things. But for now I have no more time and my condition does not permit it, so I conclude here.

The Enduring One, He is the Enduring One!

S a i d N u r s i

Glory be unto You! We have no knowledge save that which You taught us; indeed You are All-Knowing, All-Wise.

yasin67

Why is the time of rain hidden?
If rain had been included under a law, everyone would have relied on the law and the door of thanks and supplication would have been closed.
It is clear that there are numerous benefits in the sun’s rising. But since it is tied to a regular law, supplications are not offered for its rising and thanks are not given. And since by means of the law human knowledge knows that it will rise again tomorrow, it is not counted among the matters of the Unseen. But since the particular occurences of rain do not follow any law, men are all the time obliged to take refuge at the Divine Court with prayers and supplications. And since human knowledge has been unable to specify the times of precipitation, they consider it to be a special bounty proceeding from the treasury of mercy alone, and truly offer thanks.

yasin67

Don't we already know the time of rain before it falls?Weather reports?
It is because of this that the verse includes the time of rain among the Five Hidden Things. Deducing the preliminaries of rain with instruments in observatories and specifying the times of precipitation is not knowing the Unseen, but through studying certain of its preliminaries knowing when it has emerged from the World of the Unseen and drawn close to the Manifest World.

When the most secret events of the Unseen occur, or when they are close to occurring, they are known through a sort of premonition. That is not knowing the Unseen, it is knowing something existent or its being close to existence. I myself even, through a sensitivity in my nerves, perceive the rain, sometimes twenty-four hours before it comes. That is to say, the rain has preliminaries, forerunners. They show themselves through a sort of dampness, making it known that rain is to follow. Just like a law, this situation is a means of reaching matters that have left the World of the Unseen but not yet entered the Manifest World. But to know when rain will fall that has not yet set foot in the Manifest World, nor left through a particular Divine wish the treasury of mercy, is peculiar to the One All-Knowing of the Unseen.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Don't we already know the time of rain before it falls?Weather reports?

Assalamu Alleicoum.

In the Holy Quran Allah sais:"Only Allah knows when it will happen the day of Judgment,only He is falling rain and only He knows what is in the embrion,and man does not know waht will earn tomorow,and man does not know on which land he will die.Verily Allah knows everything He is informed about everything".

Dear brother when is refering the miracle in Holy Quran where it sais that only Allah knows when rain will fall down SubnnAllah its meaning is.
Only Allah knows when exacly rain will fall down,like He also know the period of her folowing....Only Allah knows the place of falling of every drop of rain,how,when and which mark the rain will left,and when it will finish the falling of rain.
Still man is not informed when it will happen Day of Judgment,and our noble Prophet s.a.v.s. has only informed about its sings.
Man only knows with his own to assume what will happen to him and which benefit he will get tomorow.These things only Allah knows in comletely SubanAllah.

Or like Allah subhan we teal sais in Holy Quran:"And to mainkind is only given litlle part of knowlodge".
It is not miracle that Allah is teaching mainkinds only with knowlodge that He decides.

May Allah bless you dear brother and all Muslims.

Salam.

Your sister Asja

yasin67

Dear sister Asja
Thanks for your interest and your kind answer to the question.But I already started the thread and posted an article(a tafseer of the ayat).I just asked the given question to arise interest to the article.Jazakallahu hayr.
Wassalam

pcozzy

:salam2:

attachment.php

I posted two ayahs for you to reflect further. The Quran is in Arabic, and in sha Allah, we can ponder on the fact there is a choice of words. I suggest you look into the difference of when there is ma and lam. It will will be more clearer to you once you understand why is ma used instead of lam.

Just my thoughts the sister Asja responded with some information but you mentioned that you want to raise a question. I could be wrong but i think this will clarify for you, your interests.

:wasalam:

Attachments

• 2 ayah.png
    2 ayah.png
    41 KB · Views: 937

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Dear sister Asja
Thanks for your interest and your kind answer to the question.But I already started the thread and posted an article(a tafseer of the ayat).I just asked the given question to arise interest to the article.Jazakallahu hayr.
Wassalam

Assalamu Aleicoum dear brother.

I apologise dear brother because I thought that you have asked the question,but Alhmadulillah that we can share our knowlodge and learn from each others.

May Allah bless you dear brother.

:wasalam:

Your sister Asja

yasin67

Your question shows that atheists who have deviated from true path of religion have made objections and criticisms concerning the time of rain falling and nature of the embryos in the womb from among the Five Hidden Things. They have said: “Instruments in the observatory can discover when rain is to fall, so someone other than God knows. Also the sex of embryos can be learnt by means of X-rays. This means it is possible to learn the Five Hidden Things.”

I just posted this article to help those muslim bro and sis who seek answers to some atheist, tricky questions about ayats.The quote above sums my point I think.I suggest you read the article carefully.Because sometimes we learn much about something we know very well.