sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Herbs

Hb5JzeC.jpg

Sage

E1pgvRz.jpg

Anise hyssop grows fast - very fast.

oRzEgdg.jpg

Chamomile from the last year germinated by itself and now I have it everywhere.

3xEp4mc.jpg

Flowers of chives.

iZzET6s.jpg

Onions grow well too.

O6GCc51.jpg

Lettuces in the frame - soon ready for the salads.

xb6uJ89.jpg

It´s a daisy time.

y63Yg05.jpg

saLIZXg.jpg

HzSgAuq.jpg

Rhododendrons

5Fbu4fN.jpg

V0DB0AU.jpg

LRYbgmE.jpg

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
They looked familiar to me as I have day lilies too. I like the color of yours, mine ones are paler. This one is from the last summer:

JzymFCj.jpg

Cariad

Do you like Fuchsias Sister Herb? This one is perennial I have had for years and give lots of flowers every year. image.jpg

Cariad

Think I am getting quite good at posting the images now. :D

Hope you have a happy Eid with your family and friends.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Fuchias are very popular here. My grandmother had them but unfortunately they have died years ago. Maybe I should try with them again.

In my language, their name is as "drop of blood", maybe because of the shape and color of their buds.

Cariad

I have butternuts.. But look very sorry for themselves. Hope they will start a growth spurt soon. I use them a lot for cooking. :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Butternuts aren´t common here and to me its the first time I am growing them. I haven´t at least ate any before.

Any tips for using them?

Last edited:

Cariad

Butternuts aren´t common here and to me its the first time I am growing them. I haven´t at least ate any before.

Any tips for using them?

I use them a lot. I like to cut into large chunks drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs (thyme is good) or spices depending on my mood. Then roast in a hot oven. They do not take long I put oven high to give some colour.

Also make nice soup. :)

And also I like chop with onion and tomatoes add chopped basil and pine nuts. Mix and heat until pulpy makes a nice sauce for pasta. Sprinkle some manchego cheese on top.