The Gujarat Holocaust

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Mere denial of holocaust that happened in Europe against Jews is considered as a crime in many countries of the world.

Unfortunately, Muslim victims of the Gujarat Holocaust in India, still continue to suffer and their rapist and murderers are still at large.
giving interviews explaining how they planned and systematically did this heinous crimes against humanity.

In fact, the government of the state who planned this holocaust is till in power.

An Indian news website tehelka.com conducted a sting operation exposing completely and beyond shadow of any doubt that the the Gujarat holocaust was systematically planned and excuted by the Government of the State.

There are videos of interviews of BJP/VHP leaders explaining their dastardly acts.

What should you do about it?

Rasoolullah (SAWS) made dua against the kuffar who killed some Sahabis (RA) by THEIR NAMES IN SALAH.
(Refer book Al kalimat-tutayyib by Shaykh Ibn Taymiyah )

So get up for Tahajjut and make dua DURING SALAH by taking the names of following perpertrators,

Narendra Modi

Arvind Pandya

Babu Bajrangi

Ramesh Dave

May Allah bless the Ummah and guide us all

wa/salam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Conspirators & Rioters

NARENDRA MODI visited Godhra on the day of the burning of coach S-6 of the Sabarmati Express. His outburst provided the first sign to Sangh workers that the time to corner the Muslims had come

THAT VERY NIGHT, top BJP and Sangh leaders met at Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Godhra, and gave the green signal for an all-out assault on Muslims across the state

A STRATEGY was devised on how to shield the attackers from the law after the riots. Prominent lawyers were briefed and senior police officers taken into confidence. The cadres were told Modi was squarely behind them

THE MOBILISATION of the under castes, something the Sangh had been engaged in for years, dovetailed into the deep penetration Hindutva already had among Gujarat’s higher castes. Godhra provided the perfect spark to fuse them together

FROM THE very outset, the police played partisan, often joining the mobs. Officers who tried to do their duty found their hands tied. The complicity was led by then Ahmedabad Commissioner PC Pandey, who ensured compliance by a swathe of junior officers

WEAPONS, FROM BOMBS to guns to trishuls, were either manufactured and distributed by Sangh workers themselves, or smuggled through Sangh channels from all over India. The Bajrang Dal and the VHP already had a large cache of firearms and daggers

BJP AND SANGH LEADERS led the bloodthirsty mobs through Ahmedabad’s bylanes, Sabarkantha’s villages, Vadodara’s localities. The police stood guard to the mayhem

BJP MLA MAYABEN KODNANI drove around Ahmedabad’s Naroda locality all day, directing the mobs. VHP leaders Atul Vaid and Bharat Teli did the same at the Gulbarg Housing Society. None of them ever went to jail

FIRE WAS THE MOST FAVOURED weapon in the rioters’ hands. That cremation is considered un-Islamic fuelled their frenzy to burn. Petrol and kerosene were lavishly used, as were the victims’ own gas cylinders

BABU BAJRANGI reveals he collected 23 revolvers from Hindus in Naroda Patiya. He called VHP general secretary Jaideep Patel 11 times and informed Gordhan Zadaphia, the then minister of state for home, about the death toll

GOVERNMENT COUNSEL before the Nanavati-Shah Commission, Arvind Pandya, himself worships Modi and describes Justice Shah as “our man”. Nanavati’s own report on the 1984 anti-Sikh riots is gathering dust till today

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
A Cold Eclipse

There were the cool strategists — leaders, officials, ideologues. And then there were the foot soldiers, who raped, killed and looted. The genocide was clinical.

THERE WAS no spontaneity to what happened in Gujarat post- Godhra. This was no uncontrived, unplanned, unprompted communal violence. This was a pogrom. This was genocide.

In a planned, coldly strategic manner, Muslim neighbourhoods across both urban and rural Gujarat were targeted. Large sections of Hindus were united under a single objective: to kill Muslims, wherever and by whatever means, preferably by first stabbing and mutilating them, and then by setting on fire what remained, whether dead or alive. During the course of the TEHELKA sting, many accused said they preferred burning Muslims alive over other forms of death since cremation is considered unacceptable in Islam.

For three days after the February 27 fire on the Sabarmati Express at Godhra, Gujarat’s BJP government receded from public view and let the armed mercenaries of Hindu organisations take over. For three days, absolute anarchy reigned. Execution squads were formed, composed of the dedicated cadre of Hindu organisations — the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, the Bajrang Dal, the Kisan Sangh, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and the Bharatiya Janata Party. Masjids and dargahs were destroyed across the state. Seventy-three Muslim religious places were torched in Ahmedabad alone, 55 in Sabarkantha, 22 in Vadodara.

The architects of Gujarat’s greatest shame were of two sorts. There were the coolheaded strategists, the conspirators, who plotted the carnage from behind the scenes. And there were the foot soldiers, the members of the saffron army, drugged on the vicious agenda of so-called Hindutva, who went out and looted, raped and killed. On occasion, the planners were also sometimes emboldened to go out and participate in the massacres.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Ahmedabad: Carnage Capital

In Naroda, Gulbarg, Kalupur and Dariyapur, murderous mobs armed to the teeth obeyed the Sangh Parivar’s every word.

Muslims who had begged police to protect them the day before huddle in the wreckage of their burned out homes in Ahmedabad

THE MOST horrifying massacre of the Gujarat riots was the one at Naroda Gaon and Naroda Patiya localities in Ahmedabad. A local Bajrang Dal leader, Babu Bajrangi, was one of the main conspirators. He started planning the massacre soon after the news of the Sabarmati incident broke. Starting in the evening of February 27, firearms and inflammable material were collected; Bajrangi also formed a select team, drawn from the cadre of the VHP and the Bajrang Dal. Members of the Chhara community, a denotified criminal tribe, were also roped in. TEHELKA spoke to two of them, Suresh Richard and Prakash Rathod. Both believed, and were made to believe, that by killing Muslims they were doing a great service to Hinduism.

On February 28, 2002, Bajrangi marshalled a murderous mob through the narrow bylanes of Naroda Patiya and Naroda Gaon. Egging the mob on was also local BJP MLA Mayaben Kodnani, who is also a doctor. Both Richard and Rathod have been recorded on TEHELKA’s spycam saying that Kodnani drove around Naroda all through the day, urging the mob to hunt Muslims down and kill them. Kodnani’s trusted lieutenant, BJP member Bipin Panchal, was also present with his own small band of followers, armed to the teeth. All through the massacre, Bajrangi and VHP state general secretary Jaideep Patel were on the phone with each other. Bajrangi did not reveal whether Patel was also involved in the planning. However, he did say that the death toll was being communicated to Patel at regular intervals. Several survivors from Naroda Gaon have identified Patel as the leader of the Naroda mob.

At the end of the day the total “score” — as Bajrangi chose to term estimates of the number of Muslims killed — in Naroda was well over at least 200. This figure has not been acknowledged by the state government; officially, 105 people were killed at Naroda Patiya and Naroda Gaon. Naroda, however, was far from the only Ahmedabad locality to be turned into a mass incinerator. A few kilometres away, VHP leaders were leading a frenzied mob at Meghaninagar. The target was a housing society called Gulbarg, a building inhabited by Muslims.

TEHELKA stung three participants in the carnage — Mangilal Jain, Prahlad Raju and Madan Chawal — all three local petty traders and all three with cases against them for their part in the riots. They said they and other members of the mob had been led by VHP leaders Atul Vaid and Bharat Teli, both of whom were named as accused in the FIR but were subsequently cleared of all charges when the police filed the chargesheet. Chawal gave a graphic description of how he and his accomplices first hacked former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri apart limb from limb, and then made a heap of his body parts, which they set on fire.

The official death toll of the Gulbarg massacre stood at 39, but the accused told TEHELKA that the actual number of those killed was much higher. Apart from the housing society’s residents, the dead also included Muslims who lived in nearby slums who had taken shelter in the building. TEHELKA also spoke to VHP leaders Rajendra Vyas and Ramesh Dave, who planned attacks on Muslims in Kalupur and Dariyapur, among Ahmedabad’s most communally sensitive areas. Ahmedabad city VHP president Rajendra Vyas, who was also in charge of the ill-fated Sabarmati Express, said that on the day of the fire on the train that killed 59 karsevaks, he had told the VHP cadre that “the Muslims had played a one-day match and given us a target of 60 runs. We shall now have to play a test match and we won’t stop until we score 600.”

Vyas, who lives in Kalupur, was recorded on the TEHELKA camera stating that he himself had shot dead five Muslims and had burned down nine Muslim houses. Ramesh Dave was the VHP’s point man in Dariyapur. He said he and his fellow planners had targeted and killed Muslims who had been in their sights for over 20 years — “chun-chun ke maara is baar (we specifically hunted them down)”. Dave also claimed that along with a friend, he had arranged for about 10 small firearms.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Conspirators & Rioters

‘After Killing Them, I Felt Like Maharana Pratap’

Transcript: BABU BAJRANGI

Neither loot nor rape, this Bajrang Dal leader had only murder on his mind

Bajrangi: My role was as follows: I was the first to start the [Naroda] Patiya operation… We and the local residents were all together. Patiya is just half a kilometre away from my home… I had gone to Godhra when it happened… I could not bear what I saw… The next day, we gave them a fitting reply…

TEHELKA: What were you unable to tolerate in Godhra?

Bajrangi: Any person who saw the Godhra kaand [massacre] would have felt like just killing them at once, hacking them apart… that’s how it was…

TEHELKA: You were there?

Bajrangi: Yes, yes, I was with them… So the Godhra kaand happened and after what I saw, I just came back to Naroda and we took revenge.

TEHELKA: How could you organize it all in such short time?

Bajrangi: Little time… We organized everything that night itself… We mobilised a team of 29 or 30 people… Those who had guns, we went to them that night itself and told them to give us their guns… If anyone refused, I told them I would shoot them the next day, even if they were Hindu… So people agreed to part with whatever cartridges and guns they had… In this way, we collected 23 guns. But nobody died of gunshots… What happened was this: we chased them and were able to scare them into a huge khadda [pit]. There we surrounded them and finished everything off… Then, at 7 o’clock, we announced…

TEHELKA: This was in Patiya? That’s what it’s called, isn’t it?

Bajrangi: Yes, yes, Patiya.

TEHELKA: Please describe the area.

Bajrangi: In Patiya, there is an ST [State Transport] workshop with a huge wall beside it; next to this wall, Patiya begins… Opposite Patiya, there is a masjid and beside it is a sprawling khadda… That’s where we killed them all… At 7 o’clock, I called the home minister and also Jaideepbhai [Jaideep Patel, VHP general secretary] and told them how many people had been killed and said that things were now in their hands… I don’t know if they did anything, though… At 2.30 in the morning, an FIR was lodged against me… The FIR said I was there… the police commissioner even issued orders to shoot me at sight…

TEHELKA: Who, Narendrabhai?

Bajrangi: The commissioner ordered…

• • •

Bajrangi: We and the Chharas carried out the Patiya massacre… After that, we all went to jail… People gave us a lot of money after we were jailed… I am rich, so I have no worries, but the Vishwa Hindu Parishad leaders didn’t care for those who were poor and had no money. Even from jail I was telling them [the VHP] to look after their families, do something for the accused. They provided for them for some four to six months, after that all help was stopped… They had promised to fight our cases in court… but till today, nobody has done a thing… Pravinbhai [Togadia, VHP international general secretary] had promised this openly… and he had also said that if there were any problems at their home or any loss [he would take care of them]… but no one knows where they put all the money they collected… Nobody was given any money… for five to seven months, they gave rations, but nothing apart from that…

TEHELKA: You were in touch only with Jaideepbhai?

Bajrangi: Only Jaideep was talking to me from the VHP.

TEHELKA: The day the Muslims were killed…

Bajrangi: I spoke to Jaideepbhai 11 or 12 times… aur humne tabiyat se kaata… Haldighati bana di thi [and we killed at will, turned the place into Haldighati]… And I am proud of it, if I get another chance, I will kill even more…

TEHELKA: Where was Jaideepbhai camping then?

Bajrangi: Jaideepbhai was sitting at Dhanwantri, which is Pravinbhai’s dispensary, he was there… in Bapunagar… There he was and I didn’t even tell him that we were going to do this… In Naroda and Naroda Patiya, we didn’t spare a single Muslim shop, we set everything on fire, we set them on fire and killed them… That’s what we did… Up till then, they didn’t know what was happening; when they got to hear of how many had been killed, they got scared…

• • •

Photo: Paras Shah
Bajrangi: There is a distance of about half a kilometre between Naroda [Patiya] and Naroda Gaon... We did a lot at both places… must have butchered not less than… Then we dumped the corpses into a well… At first, I didn’t talk [This was TEHELKA’s fourth meeting with him.] I thought… Many journalists and all kinds of people and come ask me if I was in the Patiya incident… I tell them I was not involved, I was quite far away admitted in a hospital…

• • •

TEHELKA: Do you know Gordhan Zadaphia has revolted?… During the Patiya massacre, what did he say when you spoke to him?

Bajrangi: I spoke to Gordhan Zadaphia… I told him everything that had happened… He told me to leave Gujarat and go into hiding… I asked what he meant, but he told me to run away and to not ever say anywhere that we had talked…

• • •

TEHELKA: Tell us how it was all done… revolvers… cylinders…

Bajrangi: The cylinders were theirs [the Muslims’]… Whichever house we entered, we just grabbed the cylinder and fired at it, and, dhadak, they exploded… We had guns in any case… I can’t tell you what a good time it was… But four of our activists died in it… No hearing took place even in that…

TEHELKA: Did you climb to the top of a masjid and tie a pig there?

Bajrangi:We rammed an entire tanker into it… the tanker was fully laden… We rammed that tanker inside…

TEHELKA: It was a petrol tanker, no?

Bajrangi: It was diesel… We drove a whole diesel tanker in and then set [the mosque] on fire…

TEHELKA: Meaning, it was the tanker explosion which set Patiya on fire?

Bajrangi: In the masjid…

TEHELKA: In the masjid…

Bajrangi: As for the rest of it, I was in charge at the time… Whatever I wanted to do, I did…

TEHELKA: At the pit, was oil… Those people had gathered there…

Bajrangi: It was a huge pit… You could enter it from one side but you couldn’t climb out at the other end… They were all there together… They started clinging to each other… Even while they were dying, they told each other, you die too, what are you going to be saved for, you die too… so the number of deaths increased.

TEHELKA: Then people poured oil in…

Bajrangi: Oil and burning tyres…

TEHELKA: Where did the oil come from?

Bajrangi: Oh that… We had lots of material with us… we filled lots of jerrycans in advance… From the petrol pump, the night before… Petrol pump owners gave us petrol and diesel for free…

• • •

TEHELKA: Muslims were hacked to pieces…

Bajrangi: Hacked, burnt, set on fire, many things were done… many… We believe in setting them on fire because these bastards say they don’t want to be cremated, they’re afraid of it, they say this and that will happen to them… I have just one wish… one last wish…. Let me be sentenced to death… I don’t want to be incarcerated… I don’t care if I’m hanged… Give me two days before my hanging and I will go and have a field day in Juhapura [a Muslim dominated are], where seven or eight lakh of these people stay… I will finish them off … Let a few more of them die… At least 25-50,000 should die…

TEHELKA: How many witnesses have testified against you?

Bajrangi: Fourteen Muslims and 16 policemen… Out of the 14 Muslims, some have moved to Juhapura… They’ve left Patiya, they don’t have the guts to stay there, defying us… The rest have gone to Karnataka… They got money after all, Rs 7 lakh each… Narendrabhai never said how much they would be given… He announced [the compensation package] then gave out cheques of Rs 20,000 each and that’s where things got stuck… Afterwards, he gave nothing to anyone… But then the Central government supported them…

• • •

TEHELKA: In other words, the way [you] have killed will go down in history.

Bajrangi: Arrey hamari FIR me likha gaya hai… ek woh pregnant thi, usko to humne chir diya thha b*******d sala… Unko dikhaya ki kya hota hai… ki hum log ko tumne maara to hum tumko kya pratikaar de sakte hain… hum khichdi kadhi wale nahin hai [It has been written in my FIR… there was this pregnant woman, I slit her open, sisterf****r… Showed them what’s what… what kind of revenge we can take if our people are killed… I am no feeble rice-eater]… didn’t spare anyone… they shouldn’t even be allowed to breed… I say that even today… Whoever they are, women, children, whoever… Nothing to be done with them but cut them down. Thrash them, slash them, burn the bastards… Hindus can be bad… Hindus can be bad, and I’m saying that because, as I see it, Hindus are as wicked as those people are… Many of them wasted time looting… Arrey, [the idea is] don’t keep them alive at all, after that everything is ours…

TEHELKA: And some people also raped…

Bajrangi: No, there were no rapes…

TEHELKA: One or two Chharas may have…

Bajrangi: If some Chharas took some women, that’s a different matter… We were marching in groups… There was no place to rape anyone there… Everyone was on a killing spree… we were killing, hacking… There were lanes where we had to face Muslims… there would be a confrontation, they’d fight back with all their strength…The moment we’d killed a few, we’d move on… In this melée, if some girl was trying to run away and if a Chhara caught her, then that’s another matter… That day, it was like what happened between Pakistan and India… There were bodies everywhere… it was a sight to be seen, but it wasn’t something to be filmed, in case it got into someone’s hands… There was a video-wala there, some mediawala, we set him on fire too… Lots of those miyas [Muslims] deceived us… They’d chant Jai Mata Di and get away... that happened too… they’d put tilaks on their foreheads and shout Jai Shri Ram, Jai Mata Di….

TEHELKA: Tell me how that SRPF [State Reserve Police Force] man saved people?

Bajrangi: There was just one Muslim… some big SRP man… Sayeed…

TEHELKA: He was an officer...

Bajrangi: Yes, he was… All this cutting and killing happened behind the SRP camp… The ones who weren’t in the pit, they ran and got into the SRP compound… The SRP jawans there were driving them away… when the officer came in his vehicle and said take everyone inside… He was in command… an officer… So, lots of people were saved this way… at least 500 were rescued… Otherwise would they have all gone too… The officer was also fired at… He is also a witness against me…

TEHELKA: But then Narendrabhai promoted him and…

Bajrangi: Silenced him… So, there was good work done in Patiya. Today too I am fighting against Muslims and will continue to do so… I have nothing to do with politics… What I say is this: the VHP is an organisation… a Hindu organisation… Our politics should be limited to killing Muslims, beating them up…

TEHELKA: How do you feel after you have killed Muslims…

Bajrangi: Maza aata hai na, saheb [I enjoy it]… I came back after I killed them them, called up the home minister and went to sleep… I felt like Rana Pratap, that I had done something like Maharana Pratap… I’d heard stories about him, but that day I did what he did myself.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Sting Transcript: RAJENDRA VYAS

'Nanavati Tried To Prove I Was Behind The Riots’​

Vyas: I was in charge of the train in Godhra…

TEHELKA: Jaideepbhai told me…

Vyas: At that time, people from Aaj Tak had come to me, and I told them this… I said, look, my shoulders are not strong enough to carry the weight of 59 bodies… With deep sorrow, I have to say that we must leave behind those who came with us… We have 300 women with us, that is why we must do this or else we would set all of Godhra on fire… We are not wearing bangles… Anyone who calls himself a Hindu, the young men who have come with us and all the rest in any corner of the world, they must all listen… The Muslims have played a one-day match with us… they have given us a target of 60… we have to win this match at any cost, so don’t stop until you have made 600 runs… This is what I said that day… At that time, Deepak Swaroop was there, the Range officer of Panchmahal, and he told me that what I was doing was not right… that it would not have good consequences… I said so much in the language Muslims use… meaning, I also used some abusive language… Narendrabhai Modi, our chief minister, started laughing… How he has cut them down… It’s because of him that the Muslims from this side… I live in a Muslim area… this house, this wall belongs to a Muslim… so is that… the whole colony belongs to Muslims… Only this two-foot high door belongs to a Hindu… I live here by dadagiri, by force…

TEHELKA: Tell me one thing, you were there with Narendrabhai Modi that day, when the train caught fire in Godhra… What was his first reaction?

Vyas: As chief minister, Narendrabhai couldn’t say ‘Kill all the Muslims’… I could say it publicly because I was from the Vishwa Hindu Parishad… Pravinbhai Togadia can say it… But he [Modi] can’t say it… But it’s like how we say it in Gujarati, Aa khada kaan khada ]to turn a blind eye]… meaning, he gave us a free run to do whatever we wanted since we were already fed up with the Muslims… The police was with us… Please understand what I’m trying to say — the police was on our side, and so was the entire Hindu samaj… Bhai [Modi] was careful about that… or else the police would have been on the other side….

TEHELKA: Yes, if it had been a Congress government…

Vyas: No, what I am saying is… things would have gone the opposite way… that’s why the Nanavati people… interviewed me thrice… called me… recorded my statement… they wanted to prove that the riots took place because of me… because I was in charge of it… I am not one to be scared, let them do what they want…

TEHELKA: When Godhra happened, how did the Hindus unite?

Vyas: Take my case… My daughter- in-law… was brutally attacked… acid was thrown on her, her whole face was burnt… She was hospitalized for 15 days… Look at my house… the iron grills… they tried to set it on fire but we also took revenge… we burnt nine of their houses… How many?

TEHELKA: Nine.

Vyas: And we murdered four of them… that’s how we silenced them… Whatever charges were framed against me… I am not guilty… I proved that it was the police who fired first… we only fired when the police started firing…

TEHELKA: This has become your area now…

Vyas: No, it is only because I am never afraid…

• • •

Vyas: When the Congress was in power, it was under [Madhavsinh] Solanki in ’85, at that time Hindus took a lot of abuse… communal riots took place regularly for two years… the remote control was then in the hands of the Muslims… Riots would happen whenever there was some money in Muslim homes… they never happened between the 10th and 20th of the month… They’d get their salaries and all on the 10th and that is when the riots used to happen… It happened this way regularly, you can ask anyone…

• • •

Vyas: When we left here, we had 1,800 people with us… Of them, 300 were women… We had bought tickets for 50 people… the rest travelled in the name of Ram… This is what Laloo Yadav was referring to when he asked what proof there was that all of them were seated in the train… The reason we bought even those 50 tickets was so that if some of the others were caught, we could get them out of trouble and say why have you caught them, they have tickets… When we were returning from Ayodhya… the train stops there for only half an hour… it comes in from Faizabad… at that time, the women were talking about the leaders having it easy, they could walk as they pleased on the platform while the women had to get knocked around in the crowd. So, I told them to… let the women occupy the seats reserved for us and said we would travel in the general class… We went to the general bogie and it was these unfortunate people who died… meaning, it was the S-6 coach that was set ablaze… the one where we had reserved seats…

• • •

Vyas: We fought there [in Godhra] too… because the train… We took the women off the train… and we formed a cordon around them… Later I said, what are you looking at, go and kill them… So we set the mosque there on fire…

TEHELKA: In Godhra?

Vyas: Our people stabbed three men to death and we also burned down the garage from where they got the oil cans… When the tyres there started bursting… there were tyres there too… it made a noise like a big bomb blast… That was when Deepak Swaroop called in the military police from Baroda… He knew the matter was out of control… He told me that we were doing wrong… I told him to go f**k his mother… what wrong are we doing… can’t you see… you bastard, aren’t you a Hindu… was your father a Muslim… That’s how it was…

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Sting Transcript: MADAN CHAWAL

‘They Hacked Him Bit By Bit, Then Burnt Him Alive'

This Gulbarg accused was part of the team that kicked former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri to the ground and killed him

Chawal: I was there that day… all day, I ran with them… When they brought Jafri saheb, I was standing there itself… they held him down, kicked him in the back… they meant to chop him up…

TEHELKA: Describe it all in detail… Where did it begin?

Chawal: I was at my shop when the VHP people came around 8.30-9 o’clock to get the shops to down shutters. Around 9-9.30, a shop was set ablaze right in front of mine. That’s when I realized it had started…

TEHELKA:Was it a Muslim’s shop?

Chawal: Yes, it was. People started running once it started. Papa told me to close my shop… even though it was my region, my area, and nobody would have said anything even if my shop had stayed open… Nobody spoke when they told them to close the shops… Then I gestured with my hands to say it wouldn’t look nice, it was a matter of religion and hence it was all the more important to close the shops… My father said close it for today, let’s go home… My father, the others, all of us went home…Then around 10.30 or 11, I went out… The moment I did so, I joined the mob… the ruckus continued all the time I was with the crowd… it went on for at least two and a half hours …

TEHELKA: Who was leading the mob?

Chawal: Most people had joined the mob. The moment that shop was set on fire, everyone started gathering there.

TEHELKA:Were the VHP people also part of the mob?

Chawal: All of them.

TEHELKA: Who were there from the VHP?

Chawal: At that time, I didn’t know all the leaders… I never had any contacts since I’m from a business background and I knew people only from that field… Later, though, when I met Atul-bhai, I remembered he was there too…

TEHELKA: Atul Vaid was there…

Chawal: Atul Vaid was there, then there’s one Bharatbhai Teli, he was also there. These boys…these big ones… they came to get me out of jail, it was then that I met them… they would come to the police station… Although they never came to the Central jail… they would look at me when they would come to the station … That was when I began realising that they were also there… And I used to wonder why I had been arrested while their names were dropped… Why didn’t Atul
Vaid and Bharat Teli’s names come up when mine did?… I didn’t give it too much importance, though, since these people could have helped me leave jail or do something else for me. That is why I never opened my mouth, never dropped a word anywhere about these people being there too… nobody ever said anything about it… not even the 40 boys who were inside jail…

TEHELKA: Everybody knew it…

Chawal: They knew it…We would never talk about what exactly happened… In jail, we would say that we didn’t know anything about it… that we’d just been trapped … I was recorded in the first chargesheet as having used kerosene to lit a fire… In that chargesheet I had been shot around 5.30-6.00 in the evening when Erda saheb said…

TEHELKA: Who shot you?

Chawal: Erda saheb said that…that whole region… Didn’t I show you the place?

TEHELKA: Yes.

Chawal: I was just standing around… some eight to 15 people were there near him… We asked, saheb, what are you doing, why are you saving them?

TEHELKA: You said this to Erda…

Chawal: The public… we were eight to 15 people… everyone asked him ‘What are you doing?’

TEHELKA: You asked him where he was taking the Muslims?

Chawal:We asked him where he was taking them… then he told us what he was doing…

TEHELKA: What did he say?

Chawal: He said, do this… when the vehicle [in which the Muslims were] comes this way, our constable [accompanying the vehicle] will run away… set the vehicle on fire… The whole episode will end here itself and there will be no question of framing a case against anyone… Poori picture yahin khatam ho jayegi [it will be “The End” here itself]… When he said this, the Bagri community thought that they were taking people who could turn witness… [they feared] that he might get them in trouble… They started pelting stones at Erda saheb… and when one of them hit him, I ran away. He took out his revolver… he was behind me… he yelled at me and told me stop… When I tried to pull my nephew along with me while I was escaping, he shot at me…

TEHELKA: Erda saheb shot you?… Was it by mistake…

Chawal: It was by mistake… it was shot at my hand… My hand was injured but none of the clinics were open, all of them were closed… All the hospital at that time… Then I went to the Civil Hospital… I wasn’t aware about things like these because I had never been part of anything like this before… That day, I ended up getting my real name written in the hospital records…

TEHELKA: Then how did you kill Jafri that morning?

Chawal: Jafri…Well, it’s like when those people caught him, I kicked him in the back and they pulled him away… The moment they pulled him away…

TEHELKA: You kicked Jafri?

Chawal: Kicked him…

TEHELKA: He fell down…

Chawal: Gira… woh nahi… khaich... unke haath me tha, na… Paanchchheh jan pakad liye the, phir usko jaise pakad ke khada rakha phir logon mein kisi ne talwar maari… haath kate… haath kaat ke phir pair kaate… phir na sab kaat dala… phir tukde kar ke phir lakda jo lagaye the, lakde uspe rakh ke phir jala daala… zinda jala daala… [Fell down… not that… He was pulled by his hand… Five or six people held him, then someone struck him with a sword… chopped off his hand, then his legs… chopped off all his organs… after cutting him to pieces, they put him on the wood they’d piled and set it on fire… burnt him alive…]

TEHELKA: So when you people were cutting up Jafri’s body, didn’t Erda come to save him?

Chawal: No one did anything… At that time, Erda saheb wasn’t even there… He had gone to Meghaninagar with his vehicle… He didn’t know they were chopping Jafri saheb… All this happened around 1 or 1.30.

TEHELKA: But did the rest of Jafri’s family manage to escape?

Chawal: No they didn’t… His wife was the only one saved… She disguised herself as a Hindu…

TEHELKA: But some of his daughters were saved?

Chawal: Nobody at the place escaped, none of his family… The only ones who did were the ones who weren’t there… His wife said that she was a maid… a Hindu, living in the Patrewali Chawl that is behind… Why do you want to kill me [she said], I’m just a servant. She was dressed like a Hindu… well dressed…

TEHELKA: She escaped because you didn’t recognise her?

Chawal: I had never met her because there was never a need to go and meet them… I never had any relations with them…

• • •

TEHELKA: How big is Gulbarg society…Do lots of people live there?

Chawal: Lots of them.

TEHELKA: So have people come back to live at this place?

Chawal: Nobody has come back… it’s closed now… it’s like a jail… Nobody came back to it…

TEHELKA: But some people were saved there that evening?…

Chawal: Some 40 people ran away… some of them had left before…

TEHELKA: So how did you enter Gulbarg?

Chawal: People got gas cylinders from their homes… They kept them on the society’s outer walls… then they got pipes from the bakery where bread and so on are made and they opened the cylinders with them. Then they went far and made a khupda [cloth torch] and threw the cylinders at the wall… The cylinders exploded and the wall broke. Then we got inside…

TEHELKA:Was the wall too high?

Chawal: Too much… it was no two ft wall… It must have been around 15-20 feet high…On top of it, there was a barbed wire fence too…

TEHELKA: So the wall broke with just one or two cylinders?

Chawal: Two cylinders… one was thrown there and the other one in the front… The wall would obviously have broken from the cylinders… Cylinders are heavy…

TEHELKA: So the houses inside caught fire?

Chawal: People used the residents’own things to burn their houses… nobody needed to get anything from outside… their own things were used to burn them…

TEHELKA: The same thing happened in Patiya too…

Chawal: The same happened in Patiya…

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Sting Transcript: MANGILAL JAIN

‘We Dragged Them Out Of Their Houses’

Jain joined in the slaughter which began as soon as Inspector Erda told the mob at Gulbarg that it had three hours

TEHELKA: What was the name of that inspector you were talking about.

Mangilal Jain: Erda…

TEHELKA: Erda…what did he do?

Jain: He supported us… The police kept away from public that day.

TEHELKA: Kept away from Muslims?

Jain: Public… kept away from Hindus… They [the police] told us that everything should be finished within 2-3 hours.

TEHELKA: That means they gave you 2-3 hours …

Jain: To finish…

TEHELKA: Finish everything…

Jain: This was happening across all of Ahmedabad. [It was understood] no outsider would come. Even reinforcements weren’t going to come… the forces wouldn’t get there till evening… so all the work should be done.

TEHELKA: He told you to do it all in two to three hours…

Jain: He [Erda] said it and the mob went berserk. Some started looting. Others started killing… Someone dragged a man out and hacked him down and burned him… A lot of this kind of stuff happened…

TEHELKA: So… did only people from the society get killed or were there other Muslims also?

Jain: No sir… people from outside also got killed. There are Muslims living on the streets all around the society… they are poor people… these are rich people [indicating those who lived in Gulbarg society]… These street dwellers are labourers, mechanics and factory workers… Whenever the situation would get tense, Ehsan Jafri would call everyone in. There was a masjid inside… and every year he would arrange for them to be fed. Whenever a riot broke out, all these people would take shelter inside.… He was very capable. He would make just one call and the police would land up. There was always an SRP [State Reserve Police Force] post at this place. So people would feel safe there.

TEHELKA: So that day you were just one of the crowd… raising the slogan of Jai Shri Ram…

Jain: Just chanting Jai Shri Ram was giving people an adrenaline rush. I was there with a lot of friends, sir, Jai Shri Ram.…

TEHELKA: So who were our people who took part in the killing?

Jain: Look, sir... there were a lot of faces whom I didn’t know at all… Bharat Teli, Atul Vaid and many other people were there. They came from far away places like Bapu Nagar and Meghaninagar…

TEHELKA: Bharat Teli and Atul Vaid did a lot of fighting?

Jain: These were the people in groups sir… there were a lot of young people with them… that day, there was a mob of 50,000 people… How could we know who was who? These are the kinds of people who have a lot of exuberance, those who are non-vegetarian. Those are the people who could be so cruel.

TEHELKA: So… how did we chop off these Muslims?

Jain: They were dragged out of their houses. Someone cut them down… another set them ablaze. Fire was already there… petrol.

TEHELKA: So petrol was available…

Jain: Petrol and kerosene were brought… by these people. They came in the vehicles. [They said] Come with us… there is riot… our Hindu brothers are being attacked… come…

TEHELKA: These were our Vishwa Hindu Parishad people?

Jain: Yes… They came in huge numbers… in vehicles… in whatever mode of transport they could get… they surrounded everything and that Lanka was completely destroyed… There were all the people from the neighbourhoods nearby inside… Whoever was seen, was killed. There was a basement… people who took shelter there survived… there were 70-80 of them…

TEHELKA: People hid there?

Jain: Yes, they hid… In the evening, when it was discovered that there were people inside, then they were taken to a safe place… Eighty to ninety people were killed… Ninety must have been killed… but only those whose dead bodies were recovered were reported and could be identified. Many people were reported missing… Jafri’s body could not be recovered. He was burnt… nothing of him was found.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Sting Transcript: DEEPAK SHAH

‘It Should Be Something History Has Never Seen’

TEHELKA: What time did you reach Baroda [from Godhra]?…

Deepak Shah:We got there at about three, four o clock…

TEHELKA: After admitting the injured to hospital …

Shah:We had gone with a big ambulance… went straight to the hospital… got them admitted… Then we met the Godhra MP, Gopal Singh … met the train collector also… The directives were clearly given to the police… to the MP also … the directives were very clear… that no Hindu is to be arrested now… catch all the Muslims… don’t talk to us about balance… “balance” is something we’ll do later… Just take the force now and teach them a lesson…

TEHELKA: In Godhra?

Shah:We went to a lot of places… Everybody’s views were zabardast [fierce]... Jaideepbhai from the VHP was also there… All our workers had gathered on
the road… there was tremendous fury… They seemed to have made up their minds then itself that this time they were not going to spare the Muslims… When we reached Baroda too, it was a curfew-like situation because everyone had come to know through the media of the terrible incident that had happened… The anger was so spontaneous… that even on the way, wherever there was a Muslim shop or house, it was burnt …

TEHELKA: How was it all organised…

Shah: For the next two days in Baroda, everyone just targeted… whoever they could… as many as possible… even in remote areas like Manzarpur... Areas like Alkapuri and Gotri have never even seen stonepelting... such areas which have no history whatsoever of riots… in those areas, people selectively targeted all the Muslim shops and burnt them …

TEHELKA:Were you at the meeting held in Baroda that night?

Shah: Yes… I went for that meeting too… The general sentiment was that if we did not retaliate even after such a big incident and if we just backed down quietly, then they would be encouraged to spread terror… They can do anything… First we gave a bandh call…

TEHELKA: Only VHP people attended the meeting….

Shah: No, no, everybody was there…There were people from the Sangh Parivar… from the Sangathan… the Mandal … you know, people who participate in any big event organized by the VHP… All the youth wings were also invited…

TEHELKA: Fifty to sixty people were there in the meeting …

Shah: The number was higher… around 100–150

TEHELKA: Like in Ahmedabad, where the meeting was held at some guesthouse…

Shah: Yes, it was held here at the Narmada guest house …

TEHELKA: Narmada guesthouse… Did anyone spell out anything specific?

Shah: Everyone expressed their views… [the view was] itihaas me kabhi sakshi na ho aisa hona chahiye [it should be something history has not witnessed)…

TEHELKA: Dhimantbhai was telling me about the strategy… about constituting a team of lawyers …

Shah: Correct… because the police will conduct an inquiry… So [we had to think of] what we would do to protect our people…

TEHELKA: So who were there in the legal team?

Shah: Sanjaybhai Joshi was there… Neeraj Jain was there...

TEHELKA: Rajendra Trivedi was there?

Shah: Rajendra Trivedi was there… Pankaj Chabar …Tushar Vyas…

TEHELKA: Who was used in the attack?

Shah: There are warring communities… the Kharvas… the Baakris… They always come forward at such times… They are meat-eating people … they have the tools and they usually lead from the front… So they were channelised … There were Kahars… A lot of Rabaris were there this time… Bhadris, Parmars and
Marathi-speaking people, who have a lot of passion…

TEHELKA: Dhimantbhai was telling me that a peace committee was formed just to mislead everyone, and that committee moulded rods and pipes and distributed them…

Shah: Whatever was needed was given… After all, it was a battle for faith…

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
The Bomb Makers: Overview

HARESH BHATT, who was the Bajrang Dal rashtriya sah sanyojak in 2002 and is now the BJP MLA from Godhra, till the riots a Congress stronghold, made a never-before admission that bombs were made at a firecracker factory he owned. He describes how they assembled country-made explosives, including rocket launchers. These were then distributed to murderous mobs in Ahmedabad

IN 2002, despite curfew in Ahmedabad, swords were brought in from Punjab and country pistols from UP, Bihar and MP. Bhatt boasts that none of these states were under BJP rule then. The consignment of arms crossed the borders not once but many times. “There were tens and tens of them,” Bhatt reveals

IN AN UNRELATED but crucial disclosure, Bhatt says that he trained 40 young men who then went on to demolish the Babri Masjid in December 1992. He trained them like the army does, and ran obstacle courses for them and taught them how to climb a 30-ft rope. The camp still exists in Ahmedabad

DHAWAL JAYANTI PATEL of the VHP used dynamite in his quarries in Sabarkantha. With the help of an old RSS hand, Amrudh Patel, who was an expert in handling explosives, bombs were made in the quarries using dynamite and RDX-based powder

ANIL PATEL, the VHP Vibhag pramukh, talks of how explosives were made in Sabarkantha and then supplied to Ahmedabad

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Terror’s Proud Merchants

THE VISHWA Hindu Parishad (VHP) and its so-called youth wing, the Bajrang Dal, were the major groups involved in the massacre of Muslims in Gujarat in 2002. Though civil society groups and human rights activists have been vocal about the role of these outfits all through the genocide, only a few of their members have been implicated on charges of murder and rioting. Babu Bajrangi, a Bajrang Dal zealot, is among the few facing trial for their role in the massacre. By and large, most rioters from the VHP and Bajrang Dal, particularly its top leadership, walked away with blood on their hands.

It’s not difficult to see why. The Bajrang Dal and the VHP are nothing but extensions of the BJP, which was in power in the state at the time and also led the coalition government at the Centre. During the investigation, TEHELKA found out how leaders of the VHP and the Bajrang Dal had planned the pogrom. To execute their plan “effectively”, they required military hardware, they required weapons more sophisticated and lethal than swords, knives and tridents, arms better suited to hand-to-hand combat. They needed an arsenal that could kill in large numbers.

The TEHELKA investigation found that the VHP and the Bajrang Dal had transformed themselves into terror outfits that manufactured and distributed bombs, rocket launchers and firearms in large quantities after the Godhra incident. This weaponry was then handed over to murderous mobs across Gujarat.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Sting Transcript: HARESH BHATT

‘We Made A Complete Rocket Launcher Here’

The Godhra MLA reveals how his firecracker factory made bombs that were then smuggled across the state

Haresh Bhatt: Get rid of their lathis… teach them [the RSS] to use guns… Bajrang Dal members undergo arms training… I am the first in the whole country to run a warg [training module]… I formed the first warg in Gujarat in 1987… with seven young men…

TEHELKA: In ’87?

Bhatt: Yes, in ’87…The [Babri Masjid] demolition that happenedlater, I gave training for that too… Forty young men from across the country were brought here… I also trained Bajrang Dal activists here in Sarkhej, which created a ruckus later… Rajesh Pilot even said in the Lok Sabha that training was being given in Sarkhej... training in demolition…

TEHELKA: You mean of the Babri Masjid..

Bhatt: Yes. The training to demolish the Babri Masjid was given in Sarkhej in Ahmedabad.

TEHELKA: So Pilot raised this question…

Bhatt: Yes… And a CBI inquiry and all… went on here…

TEHELKA: Against you?

Bhatt: Me… against the instructorshere... all of them.

TEHELKA: Okay.

Haresh Bhatt with the VHP’s Pravin Togadia

Bhatt: The training centre still exists…At the start, we gave them the same training they give in the army… judo, karate… rifle shooting… obstacle courses like in the army…
how to climb a 30-ft rope… bungee jumping… how to leap from one wall to another… all this in a 15-day training session… It still goes on… One session has just ended…

• • •

TEHELKA: When Godhra happened in 2002… now, Hindus hardly ever keep arms… so how then did they get weapons?…

Bhatt: I have my own gun factory… I used to make firecrackers… We made all the bombs there… Diesel bombs, pipe bombs, we made them there… and we used to distribute them from there as well… We ordered two truckloads of swords from Punjab… right here, in a village called Dhariya, we readied everything there… and then we distributed the samaan [arms]… At that time, the only thing was that the samaan was needed…

TEHELKA: Where did you get the arms from?

Bhatt:We got many country-made pistols… from MP, from UP… we got pistols from everywhere and I distributed them from here… I am talking about this for the first time…
nobody knew this secret.

TEHELKA: I know that Hindus do not keep weapons, apart perhaps fromkitchen knives…

Bhatt:We distributed so many weapons that people were shocked to see how many there were… We would make them here and then test them... We made a complete
launcher inside a pipe, right here in the factory... It was a launcher from the side and had piping over that… chaar ki pipe lagaate the… after closing the entire hole we filled that
with shrapnel and nails... and beneath that placed a 595 bomb… We’d set it off… it would go through a wall nine inches thick…

• • •

TEHELKA: Hareshbhai, you were saying that you got arms from Kanpur, but there was curfew…

Bhatt: Why couldn’t they have been brought?… Anything can be brought.

TEHELKA: I was thinking that if curfew…

Bhatt: I got them from MP… I got them from Bihar.

TEHELKA: But how, when curfew was in force?

Bhatt: Things come, everything can come.

TEHELKA: If it came from other states, it had to cross borders…

Bhatt: That’s it… they would smuggle it… and it wasn’t just one trip that came for me… there were scores of them.

TEHELKA: Our government wasn’t even in power in Kanpur then…

Bhatt: No we weren’t… Nor werewe ruling in MP.

TEHELKA: Not even in MP…

Bhatt: Not in MP… not in UP… not even in Bihar...

TEHELKA: So how could these consignments come?

Bhatt: Don’t ask me all this.

TEHELKA: But they did come…

Bhatt: Yes, they definitely came…You can ask [VHP treasurer] Rohitbhai… [about] the arrangements that were made… So many of our Hindus were dying, what was done?… These are the questions you should be asking…

TEHELKA: So only swords were brought…

Bhatt: No, he’ll tell you everything… I told you we made launchers… launchers with stands and with pipes this thick… in factories… We went to test them…

TEHELKA: You mean the rocketlaunchers…

Bhatt: Yes… we’d fill them with gunpowder… first fill them, close them, then light a 595 local-made to blast it all…
TEHELKA:Were these ever used?

Bhatt: So much was used in the border areas, that they were astonished at how it had all been transported.

TEHELKA:Were they used in Ahmedabad?

Bhatt: Yes... Ahmedabad… Rohitbhai will tell you…

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Role Of The Police: overview

POLICE COMMISSIONER PC Pandey (recently removed from the post of Gujarat DGP by the Election Commission) ordered that the 700-800 dead bodies at Naroda Patiya be clandestinely picked up and dumped all over Ahmedabad to reduce the toll of the massacre

BAJRANG DAL LEADER Babu Bajrangi says he surrendered when Narendra Modi asked him to do so. Joint Commissioner (Crime Branch) PP Pandey and his men arrested him, and told him it was all part of a show

ON PAPER, District Superintendent of Police ND Solanki sent a local Sangh leader to judicial custody, but in reality he sent him to stay in a VHP office

DCP GADVI promised VHP’S Kalupurzila mantri Ramesh Dave that he would kill “at least four-five Muslims” if Dave pointed them out to him. Dave took him to a house from where a group of Muslims could be seen. “Before we knew it, he’d killed five people,” Dave said

INSPECTOR KG ERDA told the mob gathered outside the Gulbarg society it had three hours to do its work. The mob went berserk. One man was hacked to death in front of Erda

ERDA told VHP workers to set fire to a vehicle carrying Muslims. He said that the police constable accompanying the vehicle would run away. “The whole episode will end here itself and there will be no question of framing a case against anyone,” he said

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Khaki Klan Killers

From willing connivance to leading attacks on Muslims, the police smoothed the path for the rioters in every way they could.

Aim to kill Senior police officers did not just supervise the mayhem, they shaped it.

AT AROUND 6pm on March 2, 2002, in Bhavnagar district’s Ghogha Road, over 200 Muslim children were sheltering in a madarsa when a Hindu mob descended on it, baying for blood. Rahul Sharma, then Bhavnagar Superintendent of Police (SP), ordered his troops to open fire. The mob dispersed, the children were saved.

Over the next two weeks, after the Bhavnagar incident, the police took similarly courageous action at a few other places. By March 16, eight people had been killed in police firing in Bhavnagar district; five were Hindu, two Muslim. Timely intervention kept the district more or less free of killings. On March 16, however, at 10:10am, Sharma received a call from then Minister of State for Home Gordhan Zadaphia.

“Zadaphia said that while I had done a good job, the ratio of those who died in the police firing was not proper — he was complaining about there being more Hindu deaths than Muslim. I told him things would depend on the ground situation and the nature of the mob,” Sharma said in his deposition before the Nanavati-Shah Commission.

Sharma also told the Commission that when he had called up then Director General of Police K. Chakravarty on March 1, 2002, at around 10:20pm, to request the deployment of additional forces in Bhavnagar, the DGP had said that “though he would send one State Reserve Police Force company the next morning, I should not expect more help as the bureaucracy had been completely compromised.”

The two conversations Rahul Sharma had with Zadaphia and the Director General of Police provide ample indication of the role the majority of the police force played during the 2002 massacre, joining ranks with the mobs that were setting Gujarat on fire. From egging on murderous hordes to go for the kill, to supplying them with ammunition, to transporting bombs between districts, to opening fire at Muslims who were already under attack from Hindu rioters — the police facilitated the massacre in every possible way.

Here are some firsthand accounts from the rioters and conspirators of the help they received from sections of the police in the nightmare days when the upholders of law turned into rioters in uniform.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Sting Transcript: BABU BAJRANGI

‘Their Eyes And Mouths Were Shut’​

The Bajrang Dal zealot says the police could have prevented his hordes from entering Naroda Patiya, but didn’t

Nobody can do what Narendrabhai has done in Gujarat. If I didn’t have Narendrabhai’s support, we would not have been able to avenge Godhra... because the police was standing right in front of us, seeing all that was happening, but they had shut their eyes and mouths... At that time, had the police wanted, they would never have let us in... There was just one entry, like a housing society has, and then Patiya begins... If they wanted to stop us, there were 50 of them there, they could have stopped us... We had good support from the police... because of Narendrabhai... and that is because whatever happened in Gujarat, happened for the best. We got some relief from these people [the Muslims]... they had got so high and daring...

• • •

The Muslims kept making calls to the police, kept running to the police… They had one man called Salem… supposed to be a sort of Naroda Patiya dada… he got into a police jeep… got right inside... I myself caught him and dragged him out… The cops said kill him, if he’s left alive, he’ll testify against us… He was taken a little way away and finished off right there… If the bastard had lived, he would have said he’d climbed into a police jeep and was thrown out, things like that…

• • •

[By the end, there were about 700- 800 bodies.] They were all removed… The Commissioner came that night and said that if there were so many dead at one place, it would create trouble for him… So he had the corpses picked up and dumped all over Ahmedabad… When they were brought to the Civil Hospital for the post-mortem, they were said to be from this place or that…

• • •

At 2.30 that night, I called the police inspector [Mysorewala]... He said don’t come here [to the station]... There were dekho to [shoot at sight] orders against me... Wherever Babu Bajrangi was found, he was to be shot... He told me to run away... our Mysorewala... He said he couldn’t do a thing for me... I wasn’t even to tell anyone he’d called… But even so, he sent a rider to my house... you can imagine how my children felt at that time...

• • •

[Four months later] Narendrabhai told me... there was a lot of pressure on him... The media, TV, so much coverage... Babu Bajrangi is a goonda... Laloo complained in Parliament about my not being caught... So Narendrabhai asked me to surrender... I said, alright saheb, if you tell me to, I will give myself up... I surrendered near Gandhinagar... it was all a big drama... all a drama... the police, the Crime Branch, had been told I would be passing through that area... PP Pandey saheb, who was [joint] commissioner in the Crime Branch then, he was there too and some 12 or 13 cars came... These people waited on the road from Biloda to Gandhinagar... they checked a few cars... I had to land up... it was part of the act... If I’d gone straight to the Crime Branch, the media and the NGOs would have ripped me apart... It was all a drama... they caught me, tied me up with rope... all drama... They told me they were tying me up just for show...

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Sting Transcript: SURESH RICHARD

‘The Cops Must Have Killed 70 Or More’

A Naroda Patiya accused reminisces on the energetic help the police gave the killers

The police were with us… I can tell you so myself even now... the police… That day was great… They were shooting right in front of us… They must have killed 70 or 80 or more… didn’t even spare women…

• • •

We’d finished burning everything and had come back… That was when the police called us… They said Muslims were hiding in the gutter… Now when we went there, we saw their houses had all been burned down but seven or eight of them had hidden in the drain… We closed the lid on it… if we’d gone in after them, we might have been in danger… We closed the lid and placed big boulders on it… Later on, they found eight or ten corpses in there… They’d hidden to save their lives, but we closed it off and they died of the gases down there… This happened in the evening… the dhamaal went on till night, till about 8.30…

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
sting Transcript: DHAWAL JAYANTI PATEL

‘If You Said Jai Shri Ram, The Police Understood’

Ram’s name was all it took for the police to overlook a consignment of bombs. The VHP functionary knew that well

Dhawal Jayanti Patel

TEHELKA: After Godhra, when you made bombs and sent them to Ahmedabad, didn’t the police stop you on the way?

Patel: We concealed them from the police… the police would also let us go… If you say Jai Shri Ram, it matters… After all they were Hindus, they also understood…

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

The following videos illustrate the sickening zeal of these hindus and how they absolutely relished in killing Muslims of Gujarat.

[yt]we6gRbHBFsc[/yt] [yt]cbaoYlxK340[/yt]​

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

As ususal the world did not even blink an eye. Afterall what are Muslim women and children?

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Sting Transcript: RAMESH DAVE

‘All The Cops Helped, Even Gave Us Cartridges’

The police were very helpful… very helpful… That’s why when the human rights people came… when they saw everything… they said the politicians had a role in it all… the police too, in fact, everyone who belonged to the [Hindu] samaj… because, after all, what were the police?… The police were Hindu too. The thing was, they were under pressure from the government… If they wanted to do something, they couldn’t…

[SK] Gadvi saheb was a new DCP here… Curfew was on and he was patrolling about… I went up to him on my cycle and said namaskar to him… How are you out in curfew hours, he asked… I am a maharaj, I said, I can go wherever I please… Up till then, he didn’t know I was from the Vishwa Hindu Parishad… Then he said he wanted to climb to the top of a nearby temple… I asked him what it was he wanted to do there… He said a lot of Muslims from outside were sitting there and he wanted to set them straight…

I said, if you want to set them straight, then there’s a spot I can take you to… But you have to promise me that you’ll kill at least four or five of them there… He promised…

Then we went to that place… He said he’d been there before… I said, forget whether you’ve been here or not… There was a house which was locked, I had the key sent for and we went to the terrace. From there, the place was straight ahead… He started firing from the terrace, and before we knew it he’d killed five people…

Gadvi saheb would tell us never to take his name anywhere, but all the policemen helped us… they all did… One shouldn’t say it, but they even gave us cartridges…