The Haj

cadette

Do the same laws apply to all countries?

In South Africa, all those intending on going on the Haj have to apply with the national haj committee. They have a quota that is given by the Saudi Government. SO they apply a system of shortlisting those who they allow to go.

The basic criteria is:
no one who has been in the past 5 years,
no one under the age of 12

preference is given to first time hajis.

Does the quota system apply to all countries? What selection criteria do the other countries use?

I intend going this year, we applied at the beginning of June already, we still waiting to hear from the committee. We not sure when we will be informed. So its a frustrating waiting game.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
salam alaykum....

I intend going this year,

masha`Allah....

===========================

Conditions of Hajj being obligatory

===========================

If Hajj is obligatory for her and her husband tells her not to go, she may do Hajj even if her husband has not given her permission. It is not permissible for the husband to forbid her to go for the obligatory Hajj. But if it is a naafil Hajj, then she should not go for Hajj without her husband’s permission.

for more info....just
click.... here

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Mughni (5/35):

===================================
If a person wants to do Hajj or ‘Umrah and he is coming by plane, he can do ghusl in his house and put on the izar and rida’ (ihraam garments) if he wants. Just before the meeqaat, when there is short distance remaining, he may enter ihraam for whatever he intends to do of Hajj or ‘Umrah. This is not difficult. If he does not know where the meeqaat is, he should ask the pilot or one of his assistants, or one of the air stewards, or a passenger whom he trusts and who has experience of that.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’, 11/153.

=====================
insha`Allah any Q & A about haj " Pilgrimage "

u can find it here

<wasalam Alaykum >

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2: bro
Alhamduillah, I pray that Allah swt will reward u with haj mabrur n safe journey bro, ameen ameen ya rabba alameeen:wasalam: