The Incovenient Truth

Durriyyah

Forever Student
I'm just wondering if anyone else has watched Al Gore's movie The Inconvenient Truth. In the movie he shows the seven ice ages that the earth has been through... shown from the carbon readings in the ice in Antartica. The goes back 650,000 years. Both the Qur'an and Bible speak of the earth created in seven days with some commentaries on the Qur'an saying that it is not necessarily talking about days that we are familiar with right now.

Just curious about other people's reactions to that since I think it could be more than a coincidence that there were seven ice ages... just my imagination but maybe each ice age was a "night" in the seven "days"?

:wasalam:

faiz_fauzi

Assalamualaikum!

Do u have a link to the video!

I have to watch it first in order to discuss bout it!

JazakALLAHU Khair!

amyaishazouaoui

assalamu alaikum

Quick coz im going to work...
as far as i am aware the word for day in arabic...youm... refers simply to a perio of time. Therefore the earth was not made in 7 "days" as in christianity but 7 period of time, whether they be 10000 years etc Allahu Alam.
Therefore it is not impossible that dinosaurs roamed the earth and then they were killed off by Allah etc before we arrived. Subhanallah, islam only backs up alot of modern science!!!

NaXuS

How do u know that the standard of time fix in Allah,s Batin(hidden) world is 24 hours.

Quran is for guidance,involving it with science which in it self is imperfect n which deal mainly with visible things can not fully explain the truth about an invisible God .

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

Unfortunately I don't have a link because it is a full movie and you can't find it on youtube or google video. I understand that the 7 days are not what we consider to be a day but that's why I bring this up. Maybe there isn't much discussion with the scholars right now regarding this specific scientific finding, but I thought that it was pretty interesting that this Christian man found 7 ice ages... fun coincidence none the less.

Anyone who hasn't watched this movie yet, I highly recommend it. Very informative and interesting. :hijabi:

:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

I think the only way to watch this video for most of people is eMule or torrents. Because not all people have access to this video in the world.

Wassalaam.
VE