The Message of Jesus

Abd El Rahman

proud to be a Muslim
We have already established that Jesus, son of Mary, or as he is called by Muslims, Eissa ibn Maryam, performed his first miracle while cradled in Mary’s arms. By the permission of God he spoke, and his first words were {I am a slave of God} [Quran 19:30]. He did not say “I am God” or even “I am the son of God”. His first words established the foundation of his message, and his mission: to call the people back, to the pure worship of One God.

At the time of Jesus, the concept of One God was not new to the Children of Israel. The Torah had proclaimed “Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is One,” [Deuteronomy: 4]. However, God’s revelations had been misinterpreted and abused, and hearts had become hardened. Jesus came to denounce the leaders of the Children of Israel, who had fallen into lives of materialism and luxury, and to uphold the law of Moses found in the Torah which they had even changed.

Jesus’ mission was to confirm the Torah, to make lawful things that were previously unlawful and to proclaim and reaffirm the belief in One Creator. Prophet Muhammad said: «Every Prophet was sent to his nation exclusively, but I was sent to all mankind» [Saheeh Buhw-hkhari].

Thus, Jesus was sent to the Israelites.

God says in Quran that He would teach Jesus the Torah, the Gospel and the Wisdom.

{And He will teach him the Book and the Wisdom, the Torah and the Injeel.} [Quran 3:48]

In order to effectively spread his message, Jesus understood the Torah, and he was provided with his own revelation from God – the Injeel, or Gospel. God also endowed Jesus with the ability to guide and influence his people with signs and miracles.

God supports all of His Messengers with miracles that are observable and make sense to the people the Messenger has been sent to guide. At the time of Jesus, the Israelites were very knowledgeable in the field of medicine. Consequently, the miracles Jesus performed (by the permission of God) were of this nature and included returning sight to the blind, healing lepers and raising the dead. God said: {And you heal those born blind and the lepers by My leave. And behold! You bring forth the dead by My leave} [Quran 5:10]

The Child Jesus
Neither the Quran nor the Bible refers to the boyhood of Jesus. We can imagine, however, that as a son in the family of Imran, he was a pious child devoted to learning and eager to influence the children and adults around him. After mentioning Jesus speaking in the cradle, the Quran immediately recounts the story of Jesus moulding the figure of a bird from clay. He blew into it and by God’s leave it became a bird.

{I design for you out of clay, as it were the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s Leave} [Quran 3:49]

The Infancy Gospel of Thomas, one of a set of texts written by early Christians but not accepted into the tenet of the Old Testament, also refers to this story. It recounts in some detail the story of the young Jesus fashioning birds from clay and breathing life into them. Although fascinating, Muslims believe the message of Jesus only as it is recounted in the Quran and the narrations of Prophet Muhammad.

Muslims are required to believe in all the books revealed by God to mankind. However, the Bible, as it exists today, is not the Gospel that was revealed to Prophet Jesus. The words and wisdom of God given to Jesus have been lost, hidden, changed and distorted. The fate of the texts of the Apocrypha of which the Infancy Gospel of Thomas is one is testament to this. In 325AD, the Emperor Constantine attempted to unify the fractured Christian Church by calling a meeting of Bishops from all over the known world. This meeting became known as the Council of Nicaea, and its legacy was a doctrine of Trinity, previously inexistent, and the loss of somewhere between 270 and 4000 gospels. The council ordered the burning of all gospels not deemed worthy to be in the new Bible, and the Infancy Gospel of Thomas was one of them.[1] However, copies of many Gospels survived, and, although not in the Bible, are valued for their historical significance.

The Quran Frees Us
Muslims believe that Jesus did indeed receive revelation from God, but he did not write down one single word, nor did he instruct his disciples to write it down.[2] There is no need for a Muslim to try to prove or disprove the books of the Christians. The Quran frees us from the need to know if the Bible we have today contains the word of God, or the words of Jesus. God said: {It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth, confirming what came before it.} [Quran 3:3]

And also:
{And We have sent down to you the Book in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and dominant over it. So judge among them by what God has revealed.} [Quran 5:48]

Anything beneficial for Muslims to know from the Torah or the Injeel is stated clearly in the Quran. Whatever good maybe found in the previous books is found now in the Quran.[3] If the words of today’s New Testament agree with the words of the Quran, then these words probably form the part of Jesus’ message that did not become distorted or lost over time. The message of Jesus was the same message that all the Prophets of God taught to their people. The Lord your God is One, so worship Him alone. And God said in the Quran about the story of Jesus: {Verily! This is the true narrative and, none has the right to be worshipped but God, the One and the Only True God, Who has neither a wife nor a son. And indeed, God is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.} [Quran 3:62]

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Brother, thank you for sharing this truth. I still love reading the Bible and I still think of Yeshua as the Messiah. But, there is no need of any other book for the Muslim/Muslim-ah except Al Quran.

Al-E-Imran
(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah). (45)

سُوۡرَةُ آل عِمرَان
إِذۡ قَالَتِ ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓٮِٕكَةُ يَـٰمَرۡيَمُ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُبَشِّرُكِ بِكَلِمَةٍ۬ مِّنۡهُ ٱسۡمُهُ ٱلۡمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ٱبۡنُ مَرۡيَمَ وَجِيهً۬ا فِى ٱلدُّنۡيَا وَٱلۡأَخِرَةِ وَمِنَ ٱلۡمُقَرَّبِينَ (٤٥

arzafar

As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Brother, thank you for sharing this truth. I still love reading the Bible and I still think of Yeshua as the Messiah. But, there is no need of any other book for the Muslim/Muslim-ah except Al Quran.

Al-E-Imran
(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah). (45)

سُوۡرَةُ آل عِمرَان
إِذۡ قَالَتِ ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓٮِٕكَةُ يَـٰمَرۡيَمُ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُبَشِّرُكِ بِكَلِمَةٍ۬ مِّنۡهُ ٱسۡمُهُ ٱلۡمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ٱبۡنُ مَرۡيَمَ وَجِيهً۬ا فِى ٱلدُّنۡيَا وَٱلۡأَخِرَةِ وَمِنَ ٱلۡمُقَرَّبِينَ (٤٥

btw frank bro. can you tell me the name of God in OT and NT, hebrew and aramaic? I have heard that it is Elohim and Allaha or something similar.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alaykum,

Please forgive my teaching or lecturing tone in answering this question. It is simply how I have it in my consciousness, brain, mind, etc.

In the Old Testament prior to The Prophet, Moses, (PBUH)Allah was referred to by the Semitic Language Tribes as El, Elohim, Eloheynu (Spelling Isn't Correct), and possibly other variations of the Semitic Language Tribes as Semitic Words for the English Word God. The Masih Yeshua (PBUH) is said to have referred to Allah as Eloi." "Eloi" an Aramaic word which means "My God." It is pronounced as {el-o-ee'}. The Arabs would say the word as "Elahi," pronounced {el-ah-ee'}. So Muslims refer to God with virtually the exact same word Jesus (pbuh) used. (This is based on the New Testament account found in Mark 15:34; consequently, those of us who were taught the Christian Heritage of Allah and His Prophets (Peace Be Upon Them) must remember that this does not harmonize with what we are taught in Al Qur'an.

The name al-ilah (al meaning 'the', and ilah meaning 'god') was also used.

Lane's Arabic-English Lexicon (which is based on classical Arabic dictionaries), says under the word Allah, while citing many linguistical authorities:

"Allah ... is a proper name applied to the Being Who exists necessarily, by Himself, comprising all the attributes of perfection, a proper name denoting the true god ... the al being inseparable from it, not derived..."

Allah revealed to The Prophet Muhammad in Al Qur'an through the Angel Jibril(Gabriel)
\
Maryam
We (angels) come not down save by commandment of thy Lord. Unto Him belongeth all that is before us and all that is behind us and all that is between those two, and thy Lord was never forgetful - (64) Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them! Therefor, worship thou Him and be thou steadfast in His service. Knowest thou one that can be named along with Him? (65)

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
(Individuals not knowledgeable in Judaism may not realize that in The Christian Version of The Old Testament when The Name YHWH was translated into English the word Lord was used, but with all capital letters: LORD. This was in keeping with the tradition of the Jews not to utter the name Yahweh or Yah. In many Hebrew Prayers the Word Adonai and Eloheinu has been substituted for the name Yahweh. There are two movements in Christianity that are using the name Yahweh: one is the Sacred Name group and the other is the Hebrew Roots (not to be confused with the Messianic Judaism Movement which many believe is an attempt to convert Jews to Christianity and the believe that The Messiah Yeshua Was/IS/Will Be Allah. Those of us who have had the benefit of the Understanding of Allah as One know this is impossible from Old Testament Scriptures alone:

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

(As most Muslim know better than I that the Hebrew word Elohim although plural can also mean Greatest as the plural form in Hebrew often means greatest or it could be used in the sense of royalty such as when European Royalty referred to themselves in the plural.)

The Oneness Pentecostal Theologian David Bernard correctly explains the use of the word Elohim as follows:

Elohim
The most commonly used Hebrew word of God
is Elohim. This is the original word in almost every
Old Testament passage where we see the English word
—146—
God. It is the plural form of the Hebrew word Eloah,
which means God or deity.
Most scholars agree that the use of the plural
word Elohim indicates God’s greatness or His multiple
attributes; it does not imply a plurality of persons
or personalities. The Jews certainly do not see the
plural form as compromising their strong monotheism.
Flanders and Cresson explained that the plural
usage in Hebrew has a certain function other than to
indicate plurality: “The form of the word, Elohim, is
plural. The Hebrews pluralized nouns to express greatness
or majesty.”1
The Bible itself reveals that the only way to understand
the plural form of Elohim is that it expresses
God’s majesty and not a plurality in the Godhead, by
its insistence on one God, by its use of singular verbs
with Elohim, and by its use of Elohim in situations
that definitely portray only one person or personality.
For example, Elohim identifies the singular manifestation
of God in human form to Jacob (Genesis 32:30).
The Israelites used the word elohim for the golden
calf they made in the wilderness (Exodus 32:1, 4, 8,
23, 31), yet the Bible account makes it clear that
there was only one golden calf (Exodus 32:4, 5, 8,
19-20, 24, 35). The Old Testament often uses elohim
for singular pagan gods such as Baalberith (Judges
8:33), Chemosh (Judges 11:24), Dagon (Judges 16:23),
Baalzebub (II Kings 1:2-3), and Nisroch (II Kings
19:37). The Bible even applies Elohim to Jesus Christ
(Psalm 45:6; Zechariah 12:8-10; 14:5), and no one
suggests there is a plurality of persons in Jesus. So
the word Elohim does not indicate three persons in
—147—
the Godhead. Only one being called Elohim wrestled
with Jacob, only one golden calf was called elohim,
and one (Yeshua El Messiah)( Previous parenthesis phrase is mine and not his.)

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
Dan 7:15 I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
Dan 7:16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
Dan 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
Dan 7:18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
Dan 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
Dan 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
Dan 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Dan 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Yeshua (PBUH) referred to the Old Testament when he is reported to have said in Mark

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Sorry if I digressed from your original question; however, one aspect of the Sikh's which I agree with found in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji is that it is not for us to define "Allah" (I used quotation marks to indicate that this is my word and not the source being quoted as I also use parenthetical marks) for we are incapable of defining "Allah", but it is better to praise the aspects of Allah that we understand somewhat and to serve Him and Him alone. I am by no stretch of the imagination a scholar in Sikhism, but they do have a better understanding of Allah as One without partner than the Christian who elevates Yeshua to the same heights as Allah which is contrary to what Yeshua taught, believed, and with which He (Yeshua "PBUH") lived in accordance.

Obviously, Yeshua didn't consider himself to be Allah.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

As far as New Testament Names for Allah; Abba (Father and Our Father) seem to be used often as in The Prayer reported to have been prayed by Yeshua (Would he pray to himself?):

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Luk 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Luk 11:3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
Luk 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Obviously, these are not the exact words of Yeshua (PBUH) for they very somewhat from one gospel to the other; however, the meaning of Yeshua (PBUH) is clear.

I hope somewhere in all of this, I answered your original question which was:

"btw frank bro. can you tell me the name of God in OT and NT, hebrew and aramaic? I have heard that it is Elohim and Allaha or something similar. "

arzafar

As Salamu Alaykum,

Please forgive my teaching or lecturing tone in answering this question. It is simply how I have it in my consciousness, brain, mind, etc.

In the Old Testament prior to The Prophet, Moses, (PBUH)Allah was referred to by the Semitic Language Tribes as El, Elohim, Eloheynu (Spelling Isn't Correct), and possibly other variations of the Semitic Language Tribes as Semitic Words for the English Word God. The Masih Yeshua (PBUH) is said to have referred to Allah as Eloi." "Eloi" an Aramaic word which means "My God." It is pronounced as {el-o-ee'}. The Arabs would say the word as "Elahi," pronounced {el-ah-ee'}. So Muslims refer to God with virtually the exact same word Jesus (pbuh) used. (This is based on the New Testament account found in Mark 15:34; consequently, those of us who were taught the Christian Heritage of Allah and His Prophets (Peace Be Upon Them) must remember that this does not harmonize with what we are taught in Al Qur'an.

The name al-ilah (al meaning 'the', and ilah meaning 'god') was also used.

Lane's Arabic-English Lexicon (which is based on classical Arabic dictionaries), says under the word Allah, while citing many linguistical authorities:

"Allah ... is a proper name applied to the Being Who exists necessarily, by Himself, comprising all the attributes of perfection, a proper name denoting the true god ... the al being inseparable from it, not derived..."

Allah revealed to The Prophet Muhammad in Al Qur'an through the Angel Jibril(Gabriel)
\
Maryam
We (angels) come not down save by commandment of thy Lord. Unto Him belongeth all that is before us and all that is behind us and all that is between those two, and thy Lord was never forgetful - (64) Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them! Therefor, worship thou Him and be thou steadfast in His service. Knowest thou one that can be named along with Him? (65)

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
(Individuals not knowledgeable in Judaism may not realize that in The Christian Version of The Old Testament when The Name YHWH was translated into English the word Lord was used, but with all capital letters: LORD. This was in keeping with the tradition of the Jews not to utter the name Yahweh or Yah. In many Hebrew Prayers the Word Adonai and Eloheinu has been substituted for the name Yahweh. There are two movements in Christianity that are using the name Yahweh: one is the Sacred Name group and the other is the Hebrew Roots (not to be confused with the Messianic Judaism Movement which many believe is an attempt to convert Jews to Christianity and the believe that The Messiah Yeshua Was/IS/Will Be Allah. Those of us who have had the benefit of the Understanding of Allah as One know this is impossible from Old Testament Scriptures alone:

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

(As most Muslim know better than I that the Hebrew word Elohim although plural can also mean Greatest as the plural form in Hebrew often means greatest or it could be used in the sense of royalty such as when European Royalty referred to themselves in the plural.)

The Oneness Pentecostal Theologian David Bernard correctly explains the use of the word Elohim as follows:

Elohim
The most commonly used Hebrew word of God
is Elohim. This is the original word in almost every
Old Testament passage where we see the English word
—146—
God. It is the plural form of the Hebrew word Eloah,
which means God or deity.
Most scholars agree that the use of the plural
word Elohim indicates God’s greatness or His multiple
attributes; it does not imply a plurality of persons
or personalities. The Jews certainly do not see the
plural form as compromising their strong monotheism.
Flanders and Cresson explained that the plural
usage in Hebrew has a certain function other than to
indicate plurality: “The form of the word, Elohim, is
plural. The Hebrews pluralized nouns to express greatness
or majesty.”1
The Bible itself reveals that the only way to understand
the plural form of Elohim is that it expresses
God’s majesty and not a plurality in the Godhead, by
its insistence on one God, by its use of singular verbs
with Elohim, and by its use of Elohim in situations
that definitely portray only one person or personality.
For example, Elohim identifies the singular manifestation
of God in human form to Jacob (Genesis 32:30).
The Israelites used the word elohim for the golden
calf they made in the wilderness (Exodus 32:1, 4, 8,
23, 31), yet the Bible account makes it clear that
there was only one golden calf (Exodus 32:4, 5, 8,
19-20, 24, 35). The Old Testament often uses elohim
for singular pagan gods such as Baalberith (Judges
8:33), Chemosh (Judges 11:24), Dagon (Judges 16:23),
Baalzebub (II Kings 1:2-3), and Nisroch (II Kings
19:37). The Bible even applies Elohim to Jesus Christ
(Psalm 45:6; Zechariah 12:8-10; 14:5), and no one
suggests there is a plurality of persons in Jesus. So
the word Elohim does not indicate three persons in
—147—
the Godhead. Only one being called Elohim wrestled
with Jacob, only one golden calf was called elohim,
and one (Yeshua El Messiah)( Previous parenthesis phrase is mine and not his.)

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
Dan 7:15 I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
Dan 7:16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
Dan 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
Dan 7:18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
Dan 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
Dan 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
Dan 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Dan 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Yeshua (PBUH) referred to the Old Testament when he is reported to have said in Mark

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Sorry if I digressed from your original question; however, one aspect of the Sikh's which I agree with found in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji is that it is not for us to define "Allah" (I used quotation marks to indicate that this is my word and not the source being quoted as I also use parenthetical marks) for we are incapable of defining "Allah", but it is better to praise the aspects of Allah that we understand somewhat and to serve Him and Him alone. I am by no stretch of the imagination a scholar in Sikhism, but they do have a better understanding of Allah as One without partner than the Christian who elevates Yeshua to the same heights as Allah which is contrary to what Yeshua taught, believed, and with which He (Yeshua "PBUH") lived in accordance.

Obviously, Yeshua didn't consider himself to be Allah.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

As far as New Testament Names for Allah; Abba (Father and Our Father) seem to be used often as in The Prayer reported to have been prayed by Yeshua (Would he pray to himself?):

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Luk 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Luk 11:3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
Luk 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Obviously, these are not the exact words of Yeshua (PBUH) for they very somewhat from one gospel to the other; however, the meaning of Yeshua (PBUH) is clear.

I hope somewhere in all of this, I answered your original question which was:

"btw frank bro. can you tell me the name of God in OT and NT, hebrew and aramaic? I have heard that it is Elohim and Allaha or something similar. "

yeah i got more than what i had asked :lol:
:jazaak:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alakum,

Please read this post.

I did want to clarify the use of the words "Our Father with art in Heaven.

I have three sons. One was my biological son who died shortly after birth,
Alhumdulillah. One is an adopted son who is one of my greatest joys. And, one came into my family at an older age and we decided that adoption wasn't necessary for him to be my son; and, he to is loved and cherished as much as my other two sons. They are all my sons.

However, we know from Al Qur'an that The One and Only God, Allah who has no partners, was not begotten, and neither has he begot any does not have biological sons. So, since Paul was a Pharisee who knew TORAH better than most as he was the primer student of the most respect teacher of TORAH must like the other Apostles and Disciples of Yeshiva other than literal biological son(s). To my mind, heart, and soul, it is obvious that where ever the world Father or Son or Sons are used in relationship with or to Allah that it is referring to a Father/Son relationship and not a biological relationship.

The more I study Al Qur'an, the more I understand Testaments of The Bible and the message of the Gospel delivered by Yeshua (PBUH).

Islam is The Religion of Peace, Christianity or The Nazarene Religion considers itself to be The Religion of Love (Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.)

Islam is also the religion of thinking/logical people. We do not have to hide from or avoid the opinions of any other religion. In fact, we can probably better understand the actual teachings of other religions because we are Muslim.

What was the purpose of sacrifice in The Old Testament? My opinion is that it was to demonstrate to the Jews that transgression of Allah's TORAH has a consequence that should be avoided, feared, and that it has a real cost: 1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1Sa 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Yeshua is reported to have said: "Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Mat 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
Mat 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
Mat 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Mat 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. "

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

The New Testament Gospels do not agree word for word in many many places. Still, The essence of the teaching are there. The New Testament as we have it today is not to be considered the "Word of God" as is AL QUR'AN. Does The New Testament contain valuable truth for all mankind? I believe the answer is Yes. But, it is not on the same plane as that of AL Qur'an or even the translations of The Old Testament. The New Testament says that
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

But, at the time that those verses were written, none of The New Testament were considered Scripture and much wasn't even written at that time. Paul was speaking of The Tanakh (Old Testament).

Al Quran (to my knowledge) doesn't say we will be judged on what we know or our actions alone,But, rather

Ta-Ha
They said: We choose thee not above the clear proofs that have come unto us, and above Him Who created us. So decree what thou wilt decree. Thou wilt end for us only this life of the world. (72) Lo! we believe in our Lord, that He may forgive us our sins and the magic unto which thou didst force us. Allah is better and more lasting. (73) Lo! whoso cometh guilty unto his Lord, verily for him is hell. There he will neither die nor live. (74) But whoso cometh unto Him a believer, having done good works, for such are the high stations; (75) Gardens of Eden underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. That is the reward of him who growet

Al-Noor
As for those who disbelieve, their deeds are as a mirage in a desert. The thirsty one supposeth it to be water till he cometh unto it and findeth it naught, and findeth, in the place thereof, Allah Who payeth him his due; and Allah is swift at reckoning. (39)

Ibrahim
A similitude of those who disbelieve in their Lord: Their works are as ashes which the wind bloweth hard upon a stormy day. They have no control of aught that they have earned. That is the extreme failure. (18)

Ash-Shura
Whoso desireth the harvest of the Hereafter, We give him increase in its harvest. And whoso desireth the harvest of the world, We give him thereof, and he hath no portion in the Hereafter. (20)

Paul is said to have wrote to the Romans:

Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:"

I would appreciate it if those who are more knowledgeable than I in Al Quran would post ayats from the Surahs about Intention and its importants.

I know Yeshua taught that those who accepted him as Masih were judged on their love. He told them, according to the current New Testament, that those who fed the hungry, clothes the naked, and visited the oppressed were those who had acted as if they had done it for him. And, those who simple said "be full, be warm, I am thinking of you (my words and not from The Bible) acted as if they were failing to feed, clothes, and comfort him (again, my words).