The most guilty person on the earth!

Imaany

Alhamdulillah.

Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulahi Wa Barakatuh dear brothers and sisters who I love for the sake of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

I NEED HELP NOW - PLEASE HELP!

I feel like the most guilty person in the whole world, and even by writing this I feel more guilty, BUT I've to write this. Be nice to read all, to understand me.

I got those shirk thoughts, that I hate. Obsessions. I know that it's shaytaan, and that it's waswas. I've read lot about it.

I have to give you an insight in my situation so you may understand me InshAllah.

I have come to the level where the thoughts control me!

Whenever I'm awake, I get those thoughts that I'm making shirk and that I don't feel guilty.
It's really bad!!!:astag: I can't help it. Whatever I say, whatever I think, act, feel, seems like against Islam, Allah, the messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa salaam). CAN YOU SEE HOW BAD IT IS?

When I say "audubillah minashaytaani rajeem" Shaytaan reverses it and sometimes tells me, that I whorship him :astag::astag: !!!!!!!!!!!

It's like my intentions are bad all the TIME !
Like I only want evil, I feel like the worst person, with an evil heart ever, who don't feel guilty!

And the worst part is, when I think of my Lord, Master, Allah Almighty, The Most High, I get pictures, that I'm worshiping a THING! OR A PERSON! Wether I open my eyes or close them.

Like when I say "Alhamdulillah" I get this thought that I'm thanking something/somebody than Allah The Almighty !:astag:

- That made me stop saying "Alhamdulillah" and make dhikir..

I get those atheist thoughts too, that make doubt inside me ! And that I'm munafiqoon/niqaf/kafir .

Whenever I read the Quran and I make a mistake the shaytaan tells me that I'm making fun of it so i stop reading it. And sometimes that I spit in the Quran because my lips are moist.

- I can't deal to be around people because the thoughts saying I'm calling that person for "Allah" and that person and so on.
And when I'm alone that I'm worshiping the things around me, and that I'm a munafiq who don't feel guilty!

And last part; When I pray my mind is somewhere else. Because when I read and concentrate on the verse, I get pictures of people! Like I'm worship them!:astag:

I know that I wouldn't get punished aslong I don't act or verbal it, but when I bow for take thing from the ground I feel like making shirk! :astag:

--------- LOOK I HATE MY SELF FOR THIS! I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE THIS! I'M IN SHAME! AND WHEN YOU SAY THAT BECAUSE I FEEL BAD ABOUT THOSE THOUGHT I GET THE THOUGHT/FEELING THAT I'M NOT FEELING BAD ABOUT THOSE ! IT SO FRUSTRATING!

How can I EVER dream about Jannah? I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT ALLAH IS ONE AND NONE IS LIKE HIM AND THAT MUHAMMED SALLALLAHU ALAYHI WA SALAAM IS THE MESSENGER !

HELP SOON AS POSSIBLE!

strive-may-i

Think Allah, relax and calmly apply mind; dont think about what you want to avoid

:wasalam:

A`ūdhu billāhi min ash-shaitāni r-rajīmi (أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم)
Bismi Allahi arrahmani arraheem (بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ)

Okay here read this true story:
A boy had learnt cycling, His cycle started descending down the road , Cycle gained a bit more speed. Then the doubt set it. He continued. Just then he saw an open manhole on the other side of road. He became watchful, He set his eye on the drain, He wanted to avoid the drain. But he yet still fell in drain.

Can you think why it happened?
Because he stopped seeing the path he should take, and started seeing the path he wanted to avoid.

You are going through a similar thought process.
Now there is nothing between you and Almighty Allah. Your heart wants Imaan. Your thoughts are feeling bit phobic. You are strong, you have to simply shut that door of wrong thoughts. Just focus on thinking about Almighty. Think straight. Nobody can stop you. Start with Audhubillaahi Min ashaitaanir-rajeem. Get involved with Muslim Sisters. Dont be alone, Talk, supplicate, read quran, involve with believing friends. You will become fine, Insha Allah

We will make dua for you too. May Almighty Allah, stop the whisperings(waswas), in our heads ... Ameen!

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I have read a similar question. Don't worry sister, you are not the first one on earth to feel this. Prophet :saw2: has spoke about this to people. I hope it helps you, Insha Allah.

Suffering from the whispering of Shaytan​

Fatawa Arkanul Islam
Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Uthaymeen (Rahimallah) Pgs. 55-60​

Question:

There is a man who suffers from the whisperings of Shaytan. He whispers things to him that are great sins, concerning Allah, the Almighty, the All-Powerful and he is very much afraid of this; what is the advice of your eminence?

Answer:

Regarding what has been mentioned concerning the problem of the questioner, which is that he fears the result of it, I say to him: Rejoice at the good news that there will be no result from it except a good result. This is the whispering by which Shaytan assails the believers in order to upset the sound belief in their hearts and to cause them sprirtual and mental agitation and disturb the serenity of their faith, indeed the serenity of their lives, if they are believers.

He is not the 1st among the people of faith to be confronted by this situation, nor is he the last, for it will continue as long as there is a believer in the world; and this same situation confronted the Sahabahs (radiallahu anhum), for it was reported on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radiallahu anhu) that he said:

"Some people from among the Companions of the Messenger of Allah came to the Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) and said to him, 'Verily we perceive in our minds that which every one of us considers too grave to express'.

He (alayhi salatul wasalam) said: "Do you really perceive it?

"They said: "Yes". Upon this he (alayhi salatul wasalam) remarked:"That is true faith." *

* [(It was reported by Muslim in the Book of Faith, in the Chapter of Explanation of the (evil) whispering regarding Faith (132)]

In the Two Sahihs , it is also narrated from Abu Hurayrah (radiallahu anhu) that the Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:

"Satan may come to anyone of you and say: 'Who created such and such? Who created such and such?' until he says, 'Who created your Lord?' So, when he inspires such a question, one should seek refuge w/Allah and give up such thoughts." *

* (Reported by Bukhari in the Book of Beginning of Creation, in the Chapter: The description of Iblis and his Legions (3276) and it was reported by Muslim in the Book of Faith, in the Chapter on the Description of the (evil) Whispering regarding Faith (134).

It is reported on the authority of Ibn Abbas (radiallahu anhu) that a man came to the Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) and said: "Oh, Messenger of Allah! one of us has thoughts of such a nature that he would rather be reduced to charcoal than speak about them." The Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:"All praise and thanks be to Allah who has reduced his matter (shaytan's guile) to (evil) whispering." *

*(It was reported by Abu Dawud in the Book of Good Manners, in the Chapter: Regarding the response to (evil) Whispering (5112) and by Imam Ahmed in Al-Musnad (1:340)

Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyah (rahimallah) said in the Book of Faith:
"The believer is put to trial by the whispering of Satan, the whispering of kufr which causes him distress, as the Companions (radiallahu anhum) said: "Oh Messenger of Allah! one of us has thoughts within himself of such a nature that he would rather fall down from the heaven than speak of them." The Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:

"That is true faith"

And in another narration: "he considers it too grave to express." He (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:

"All praise and thanks are Allah's who has reduced his (shaytan) intrigue to (evil) whispering)"

That is, the occurence of his whispering along with this great hatred for it and repelling it from the heart is a part of true faith, like the warrior in Allah's Cause who met the enemy and fought him until he overcame him, for that is a great Jihad up to his words.

This why the seekers of knowledge and worship are assailed by whispering and uncertainty which do not afflict another, b/c he (the other) does not follow the Law of Allah and His way; rather, he follows his own desires, heedless of the rememberance of his Lord and this is the goal of Shaytan, as opposed to those who turn towards their Lord with knowledge and (acts of ) worship, for he is their enemy and he seeks to prevent them from (worshipping) Allah, the Most High.

So, I say to this questioner: once it is clear to you that this whispering is from Shaytan, then you must struggle and stand against it, know that it will never harm you as long as you undertake the necessary struggle, reject it and cease thinking about it. The Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) said:

"Allah has forgiven what is whispered in the hearts of my followers, unless they put it into action or utter it." *

*(Reported by Bukhari in the Book of Manumission, in the Chapter: Error and Forgetfulness in Manumission and Divorce (2528) and by Muslim in the Book of Faith, in the Chapter: Allah has forgiven what is whispered in heart (127)

And if it is said to you:

Do you believe what is whispered to you? And do you think it is the truth? And is it possible to describe Allah, the Most Glorified by it? You would say: It is not for us to speak of this; Glorified are You (Oh Allah), this is a great lie! You would reject it with your heart and by your words; and of the people, you would flee further than any of them from it. Then it is, o*!nly whispering and perils displayed to your heart, and a window to polythesim from Shaytan, who courses throughout the human body as blood courses through it, in order to destroy and obscure your deen for you.

This is why you find that Shaytan does not place doubt or rejection about trivial things in your heart, so you hear for example, of the existence of large and important cities filled w/residents and buildings in the east and west and yet doubt their existence never once crossed your mind, nor regarding their faults, such as that their buildings are destroyed or are unfit for habitation or that there are no occupants in them and so on. There is no goal for Shaytan in making man kind doubt such things. But Shaytan's important great goal is destroying the faith of the believer, so he strives by his horse, and on foot, to extinguish the light of knowledge and guidance in one's heart and to cause him to fall into the darkness of doubt and uncertainty.

The Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) explained the beneficial medicine which contains a cure for this:

"Then let him seek refuge with Allah and cease doing it."

If a person ceases doing that and continues to worship Allah, seeking & desiring that which is with Allah, it will stop troubling him, by Allah's Power. So, avoid all suppositions which pass through your heart on this subject and worship Allah, supplicate to Him and glorfiy Him, and if you heard anyone describing Him with what was whispered to him, you would kill him if you could. Therefore, what is whispered is not a fact; rather it is simply thoughts and whisperings which have no basis. Like in the case of someone wearing a clean garment which he has just washed and then he is assailed by thoughts that maybe it is impure, and maybe it is not permissble to pray in it, but he should pay no heed to this.

And my advice may be summarized as follows:

1. Seek protection with Allah and completely stop these suppositions as the Rasool (alayhi salatul wasalam) ordered us to do.

2. Mention Allah, the Most High and restrain yourself from this whisperings.

3. Wholehearted dedication to worship and acting in accordance with the Command of Allah and seeking His Pleasure, for when you give worship your undivided attention with earnestness and striving, you will forget about occupying yourself with this whispering, Inshallah.

4. Seeking refuge with Allah much and asking Him to protect you from this thing.And I ask Allah, the Most High for protection for you and safety from every evil and every destable thing.

Source:http://abdurrahman.org/character/whispering-of-shytan.html

Baarakallahu feekum!

Ayyub

:salam2:
:bismillah:

Brother Ershad posted a very good post to your problem so take your time to read it carefully.

What I would like to add is what a how a brother who expierenced the same situation as you got over it. He posted it as an answer to the same question as yours.

I used to be non-practicing Muslim, but then I started practicing and it got to a very high level; however, then I started getting doubts too. It all went downhill from there. I started having mental tensions and headaches because of my constant sadness. In fact, it got to a point where I didn't even want to live anymore (astaghfirullah); I just wanted these doubtful thoughts to go away. I was in a constant state of sadness, trying to repel these thoughts.
But alhamdulillah, it started getting better after about a year, until now ALHMADULILLAH i love islam!!
Here are some of the things I believe you should do:

Whenever you get doubts say aamantu billaahi wa rasuulih
Read this page concerning shaytaans whispers and doubts: http://fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=99
Don't feel as if you need to 'prove' your eemaan or Islam to the shaytan; if you try to do it, they might try to confuse you even further.
Spend a lot of time with good salafi brothers at the masjid. This will help you because you will have support and it'll also take your mind off these things.
Don't overburden yourself with Islamic duties; Islam is a religion of ease, so do only as much is easy for you. Read the Last ayah of suratul baqarah for clarification. Know that Allah doesn't wrong people, PEOPLE wrong themselves by overburdening themselves.
Have a positive attitude always, don't keep thinking "I'm going to die as a Kaafir" etc. THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT
When you have thoughts about Allah or his essence (believe me, I had these evil thoughts for so long, that I went into depression), just try to calmly steer away from such thoughts. I used to have thoughts about allah and how he looks like, especially when I prayed and made du'a, because these are times when you are asking Allah. But don't worry brother, these thoughts are not your fault, Allah knows that you don't mean to think these evil thoughts. We have been excused for what our nafs whispers to us as long as we don't act upon it. Again, Allah doesn't burden a soul beyond its capacity.
Take time out of your life to do mundane things for a while too, such as sports, to keep you healthy, and keep your mind away from these thoughts. Laugh, and let out pressure and stress. Make sure that you are not overburdening yourself with worldly things either.
Spend time in trying to gain knowledge, as knowledge clears away doubts and ignorance. Don't waste time in trying to 'prove' yourself to the shayateen. Rather, start with knowledge about Tawheed and the basics of Islam. Also, if you can, study in the good salafi masaajid, as here you can meet brothers, make friendships, and also learn. Make sure you don't stay home all the time, as then your mind will be constantly occupied with these thoughts.
Never give up hope; I had these evil thoughts for around a year. It might not seem like that much in writing, but for me EVERY DAY was painful.
However, have a positive attitude and rely on Allah completely.

muhammad sabri

:salam2: Brother i feel you, :)
First of all remember to recite the last 3 verses of the Quran and PONDER OVER THEM :), then try to imagine what would Allah swt tell you right now if there were no veils between you and Him?
Do you think that He The Loving, The most-gracious and Merciful , The One Who Gives, The Light and The Peace would get anrgy at you because you DON'T want to displease Him?..:) i doubt it, you have to remember that the hope in Allah is really important and try to tell yourself the the devil whispering you is these bad things is going to burn if he doesn't stop, it helps me alot :), think in your mind:'' Oh devil you can keep whispering and i'll keep say ASTAGHFIRULLAH! Who do you think has greater patience? You or Allah? I'm going to meet a Merciful God forgiving my sins and you're going to meet an angry God punishing your sins!'' eheh..you'll see the whisper fading Inch'Allah and you'll understand to whome the power belongs,to Allah! But remember that your intentions must be pure and that you have to be grateful to Allah(swt) and do your best to keep your iman high always! Peace be upon you dear brother and may he bless me and you Inch'Allah
-And Allah knows best-

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Dear brother,my dear brother Ershad has posted some beautiful opinions.Take your time to go through them.
What you are suffering from are waswasas and you feel paranoid that you are not doing enough and that you are doing bad.They are just inside your head.They are nothing,tell them off.
You said your thoughts control you.Well,put a leash on them and tell them who the master is.
Brother whenever you have these thoughts which might lead to panic attack,read istia'dh and assure yourself repeatedly that nothing is wrong and everything is fine and under control.
It's only with help of Allah that you can help yourself.Talk to yourself,your thoughts,tell them to back off and tell them that you wouldn't be bought down easily.I can imagine what you are going through brother.The only one is Allah who can help you and you yourself have to control the way you perceive things.Tell your thoughts,to get lost when they appear to you,after saying isti'adh and trust in Allah with complete trust.
Keep assuring yourself that it's alright and everything is alright,there is nothing negative.Have HOPE!HOPE IN ALLAH IS A POWERFUL THING!DO NOT LET FEAR OVERCOME YOU AT THIS TIME!
Keep assuring yourself of Allah's hope His Mercy and forgivenss,look at beautiful creatures,things,earth sky around you and relate it to Allah's mercy and thank Allah for these blessings,to push away negative thoughts.
Don't ask us for help,we cannot help you,only Allah has the power and ability!Believe in Him!Also in yourself.The enemy cannot win you,if you don't let him.Keep him away by telling him off and reading isti'adh .
Also recite surah al Baqarah everyday.
Also download the book hisnul muslim and read du'a mentioned therein.Also read adhkar us sabah wal massah.

I am sorry if I sound disoriented right now,because I am feeling that way,insha'Allah I will talk to you soon when I am calm.
I will pray for you and you pray for me too.

Imaany

Alhamdulillah How I overcome!

Alhamdulillah.

Bismilahirahmaaniraheem. Assalaamu Alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh, dear brothers and sisters who I love for the sake of Allah The Only God.

- JazzakAllahu khayran for your time dear brothers and sisters. I'm better now Alhamdulillah.

Your advice, mashAllah :ma:helped me.

Im Alhamdulillah better know why? I believe Allah has helped me. I want to share you how I got better subhanAllah ! So you can help a brother/sisterr who may be in similar or same situation as I. :blackhijab: and even your self, this really clean ones heart!

Although I still FEW TIMESl have a WEAK (meaning; It so weak I almost can't hear the thought) evil thoughts here and there and a bad sensation. Maybe because it's become a habit. I believe that Allah has helped me A LOT. I've been in a vicious circle but has broken out.

What I needed, I've got, Alhamdulillah. Knowing how I broke out of the vicious circle?

Thanks to Allah, I got:

1) The courage to break the cycle.
2) Reason to see my options in my situation: I can only do my best.
3) Allah want you the best, Jannah, and He loves you, and He is fair, because:
How do you know Allah loves you?
If you become religious. If you didn't pray before and you have started praying, that means Allah loves you. If you weren't wearing the veil, and you just started to wear it, Allah loves you. If you had bad friends, and you left them, and now you have good friends, then Allah loves you. The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that Allah gives the religion to those He loves.
4) Knowledge
5) And a thought, idea or tactic. There was, "Do the opposite what the Shaytaan whispers. Believe it reversed."

Example: "You're kafir / munafiqoon" so believe the converse and pray to Allah not to make you a hypocrite or infidel. Instead of wondering and thinking long about it. For shaytaans purpose is destroying you. If you think long about it, do you believe more on it and you end up being an extreme in your faith, Islam, which is not allowed and you can't continue there is a hadith about it. Every action makes you quite skeptical and Shaytaan has caught you in its vicious cycle and so controlling he you.

You follow shaytaans footsteps without knowing it all yourself. By "think" that what he whispers to you is true so you try to reject by: you avoid saying / doing the right thing. Something that Allah the Exalted, The Perfect, has warned us against:
"O mankind, eat from whatever is on earth [that is] lawful and goodand do notfollow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy."

By doing the opposite what shaytaan tells you, you're not following the footsteps of shaytaan!

You're thinking you're doing the right, by trying convince shaytaan that you believe, that Allah has created such and such, or something else; But that's what shaytaan want, so he can give you stupid question and you following shaytaans footsteps. Because Allah told how to handle a situation like this:

"And if an evil suggestion comes to you from Satan, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is Hearing and Knowing." 7:200 - Not discuss with shaytaan but seek refuge in Allah immediately;
"Indeed, those who fear Allah - when an impulse touches them from Satan, they remember [Him] and at once they have insight." what happened to me you can say. :D

- Knowing that Allah hear all, and knows all, you're safe, after seeking refuge in Allah,trust Allah because:
"Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity." 2:286 So whatever though comes after, after what I know you wouldn't be account for it, as long you don't act/verbal or believe in it, which things you can avoid, while the thoughts are obsessions, and you can't control them.
And Allah already knows: "He only orders you to harmful and sinful and to say about Allah what you do not know."
Harmful = damage you self or others.
Sinful = Lust and what's dirty.
" and to say about Allah what you do not know" = Blasphemy.
Also, Allah says things we should do, so that we might get through the thoughs (translated ofc.):
"So when the Qur'an is recited, then listen to it and pay attention that you may receive mercy." 7:204
- Listen to Quran, if you don't know the language then read the translation/or learn the language.
"And remember your Lord within yourself in humility and in fear without being apparent in speech - in the mornings and the evenings. And do not be among the heedless." 7:205
- Make dhikir, dua and do not be among the heedless.
"Indeed, those who are near your Lord are not prevented by arrogance from His worship, and they exalt Him, and to Him they prostrate." 7:206
- Pray, always. Be around good people as the have an good effect on you.
- And a good advice from me; Make dua, in sujood, in the night, and pray sincerily from your heart to Allah.
- Break what you use to do. Do something different, and differ things.
- Ignore means do the opposite what shaytaan tells you!
- Fighting means, you pray all 5 prayers!
And now, the thoughts away, only the summer time they come, but I seek refuge with Allah and utilizes the Tactic Allah has decreed for me. I know better than to follow these thoughts. Thanks to Allah :)

Just want to add:
If shaythan tries to tell you that you have attributed partners with Allah and that you have done shirk then IGNORE IT. He wants you to lose your faith and think that you have committed blasphemy when you have not done anything of the sort. if the mind wanders sometimes then that is fine all of our minds wander.

Sayyiduna Abu Haraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once a group of people came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: “We experience such evil thoughts that it is impossible to bring them on our lips”. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do you really experience these thoughts? Yes, they replied. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “They are clear signs of faith”. (Sahih Muslim).

So these are signs of faith and ultimately, we are not held to account for these thoughts. However, we will be held to account if we act on these thoughts.

Shaythan will then try to make you think that you did act on these feelings when all you did was involuntarily wandered about them in your mind. Even if they did linger in your mind it does not mean you acted on it. Almost all of us have random thoughts and absurdities going on in our minds all of the time it does not mean we necesserily believe what we thought of.

Do NOT ever give in to these thoughts for shaythan is just trying to be clever but knowledge will give on the upper hand!

Whenever you get these whispers then just think: IT IS SHAYTHAN TRYING TO DECIEVE ME AND PUT ME OFF MY WORSHIP! :SMILY139: