The Muslim and his friend and brother in islam

Bilal Ahmed

Islam my way of life
The Muslim and his friends and brother in Islam

He loves them for the sake of Allah (swt)

One of the most prominent distinguishing features of the true Muslim is his love for his friends and brothers in faith, a love that is untainted by any worldly interested or ulterior motives.
This is true brotherly love, whose purity is derived from the light of Islamic guidance; its effect on the behaviour of Muslim is quite unique in the history of human relationships. The bond that links a Muslim to his brother, regardless of race, colour or language, is the bond of faith in Allah (swt).

( the believers are but a single brotherhood ) (Qur’an 49:10)

The brotherhood of faith is the strongest of bond between hearts and minds. It comes as no surprise that this unique brotherhood bears fruits of love that are amazingly sublime, pure, deep and lasting. Islam calls it “love for the sake of Allah (swt)” in which the true Muslim finds the sweetness of faith:

“ There are three things that whoever attains them will find the sweetness of faith: if Allah (swt) and his Messager are dearer to him than anyone else; if he love a person solely for the sake of Allah (swt); and if he would hate to return to kufr after Allah (swt) has rescued him from it, as much as he would hate to be thrown in to the fire.”

The status of two who love one another fro the sake of Allah (sw)

Many hadith describe the status of two people who love one another for the sake of Allah (swt), and describe the high position in paradise which he has promised them and the great honour which he will bestow upon the on the day when mankind is resurrected to meet the Rabb of the worlds: among them is the hadith with describes the seven whom Allah (swt) will shade on the day when there is no shade but His:

“ …a just leader; a youth who grow up worshipping Allah (swt); a man who deeply attached to the mosque; two men who love one other for the sake of Allah (swt), meeting for His sake and parting for His sake; a man who is called by a beautiful woman and say ‘I fear Allah (swt)’; a man who give charity in secret such that his left hand does not know what his right hand is doing; and a man who remembers Allah (sw) when he is alone and his eyes fill with tears”

The two who love one another for the sake of Allah (swt) are clearly shown to be among those whom Allah (swt) will shelter with his shade and upon whom He will shower His mercy and kindness. What a great honour! It is enough honour for those who love one another for the sake of Allah (swt) that their Almighty Rabb will greet them on the Day of Resurrection and say to them: “ where are those who loved one another for My glory? Today I will shade them in My shade on the day when there is no shade but Mine.”
Such is the magnificent honour and tremendous reward that will be bestowed upon those who truly loved one another for the sake of Allah (swt), on that awesome Day.
Love for the sake of Allah (swt), and not for the sake of anything else in this life which is filled with greed, desires and interests, is very difficult, and none can attain it except the one who is pure of heart, for whom this world is as nothing compared to the pleasure of Allah (swt). it is not surprising that Allah (sw) should give them a status and blessing which is commensurate with their position in this world, above whose concerns they said that the Prophet (pboh) said: “Allah (swt) said: ‘Those who love one another for My glory, will have minbars of light, and the prophets and martyrs will wish that they had the same.”

Islam goes even further in spreading love in the rightly guided Muslim society by telling the Muslim that he loves his brother, he should tell him. The Prophet (pboh) said: “if a man loves his brother, let him tell him that he loves him”

The Prophet (pboh) understood the impact of this strong, pure love in building societies and nations, so he never let any occasion pass without advocating this love and commanding the Muslim to announce their love for one another, in order to open hearts and spread love and purity among the ranks of the Ummah.