Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saifadin_Qutuz

Nemesis of Decadence
:salam2:

brothers & sisters,

I have been wondering, what do you think of the name AbdulWahab (Abd al-Wahab etc..)? عبدالوهاب

I know its a nice name with a nice meaning, after all, Wahab is an attribute of Allah.

But I wanted to see what you might think about the name in other terms as well, (sound etc..)

Thanks in advance for you opinions and help :)

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I selected average...

That lonely *1* on the right of the *average* option is *me* :)

I selected that because I like Abdulaziz and Abdulrahman better...

I don't know why I like them better...

But I think they are just beautiful..sound..meaning..and all...it could because they are so popular in the Arab world?...and I'm so used to them?...I don't know!

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
I tend to associate the name AbdulAziz with Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz, and AbdurRahman with all famous Muslim figures of the past, and hence I feel a sense of respect and liking for the names.

I also like Abdul Qawi, AbdulBary, and Abdul Malik.

I picked beautiful, because any name that has Abdul in the beginning and Allah's attribute at the end is beautiful to me.

Saifadin_Qutuz

Nemesis of Decadence

thank you brothers and sisters for your thoughts! :)

Its also nice to see that many people voted, but didn't really say whats on their minds :SMILY47:

fada_all

wa 3alakio afdal assalam warahmato allahi ta3ala wa barakatoho

in my point of view.any name that is composed of abdel and the name of allahis atached to is for me is good.bcs we r 3ibad allah.and this name wahab is the name of allah.What is more is that allah's charactristics is in his 99 name sobhanaho wata3ala. wallaho a3lam ' allah only konws'

may allah guid us to the right path insha allah

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Alleicumu dear brother.

Alhamdulillah every Muslim name is beautiful on his way,and every Muslim name is blessed from Allah Mashallah.:)

May Allah bless you.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

This thread is closed, the poll is closed,

I understand your reasoning behind it, but there shouldnt be a poll like this, because the name is a special one which has one of the names of Allah attached, i.e Al Wahaab, the Bestower. It is a word from the perfect speech of Allah in the Quran.

how can we say that Abdul Wahab is "average" name or not beautiful. £beautiful, average and dislike it"

It is upto people to choose the names they wish for their children, an individual decision. A name should be chosen that is Islamic and with good meaning, thus this is one of the best names.

Status
Not open for further replies.