The pure soul of a Muslim

azir111

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
In the name of Allah,most Gracious,most Merciful

All praise belongs to Allah alone,and none is worthy of worship except Allah.
May the peace and blessings be upon all the prophets and his last messenger Muhammad,
and his family and all who follow the path of righteousness ,ameen

The Pure Soul of a Muslim

Only Allah swt can know what we feel and think.There is something inside our bodies called the SOUL..This soul shows who we really are.
Say, "None in the heavens and the earth knows the unseen save Allaah." (Qur'aan - 27:65)

This soul like all other creation was made to worship the one true God,to submit to Him totaly.
"I have only created jinn and men that they may worship Me. No sustenance do I require of them, nor do I require that they should feed Me. For Allaah is He who gives (all) sustenance, Lord of Power, Steadfast (forever)." [Quran 51:56-58]

To have a complete Muslim soul,one must gain IMAN(faith).
Allah swt knows what we hide,and only Allah knows how big our iman is.Allah knows us better than we know ourselfs!
There is no one to share His dominion, nor does He take an aide or supporter from His creatures. He is nearer to man than man's own jugular vein [TNQ 50:16].

So to understand the soul and iman we need to understand the book of Allah,Islam(the Quran).
The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever Allah wishes good for, he grants them Fiqh (understading) of the Deen."

First we need to purify our intentions,in that way we'll purify our souls also from deseases like pride,stubborness and arrogance.
Rasul Allah said, "Whoever studies that which is meant for the sake of Allah, desiring only a piece of the Dunya, he shall not smell the frangrance of Jannah on the Day of Judgement." - narrated by Ahmad, and Tirmidhi.

To have a pure soul we need to call Allah swt to help us in it,to purify our souls.
Allah ta'aala says "When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me." Surah Al-Baqarah, 186

We need constantly to struggle in order to have a pure soul.
As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good. Surah 29:69

A pure soul does always good deeds and almost never bad ones.
"Whose acts righteously, whether male or female and is a believer, we will surely grant him a pure life; and We will surely bestow on such their reward according to the best of their work. (Quran 16:98)"

The best among all,the ones who'll be successful are the ones that will purify their souls.
"I swear by the sun and its brilliance, and the moon when it follows the sun, and the day when it makes manifest the sun (and her beauty), and the night when it covers the sun, and the heaven and Him who made it, and the earth and Him who extended it, and the soul and Him who made it perfect, then He inspired it to understand what is right and wrong for it. He will indeed be successful who purifies it and he will indeed fail whoever pollutes and corrupts it." (91:1-10)

Muhammad saws was a living example of how one can be pure.He explained to us the Quran,and showed us the way to Allah swt.
"Certainly God conferred a great favor upon the believers when He raised among them a Messenger from among themselves, reciting to them His verses and purifying them, and teaching them the Book and the wisdom, although before that they were surely in manifest error." (Quran 3:164)

"As We sent to you an Apostle from among yourselves, who recites to you Our signs, and purifies you, and teaches you the Book and wisdom, and teaches you what you did not know." (Quran 2:151)

So how can one be pure?One must stay pure in mind,heart and body.He should complete himself with great iman.His actions will not count if he has no iman,if he has no pure intentions.
Let us look at some verses from the Quran to understand.
"And they were not commanded except to worship God, dedicating their faith to Him as men of pure faith, and to maintain the prayer, and pay the zakat. That is the upright religion." (Quran 98:5)
Zakat is derived from the same root as tazkiyah (purification) i.e. za-ka-wa, which means growth and purity.

"He who gives his wealth to purify himself and does not expect any reward from anyone, but seeks only the pleasure of his Lord, the Most Exalted, and, surely, soon he will be well-pleased." (Quran 92:18-21)
This can mean wealth like money or it can mean also that one who spends his time helping people for the sake of Allah swt.So one should not be greedy and proud.He should always help others.

"Allah has permitted to be raised to honour, for the celebration in them of His Name: In them He is glorified in the mornings and the evenings [over and over] by men whom neither traffic nor merchandise can divert from the practice of regular charity: Their [only] fear is for the Day when hearts and eyes will be transformed." [Qur'an 24:36-37

]"Fear Allah as though you see Him, for verily, though you may not see Him, He sees you." (hadith bukhari and muslim)
One who praises his name always,who prays,who does dhikr,spends the day in remembrance of Allah swt,his tongue is constantly pure,does not say anything bad and always speaks good,speaks always something which people can benefit(good) from.

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever seeks out a path to acquire knowledge (of the deen), Allah makes easy a path for them to Jannah!" - Muslim
One who seeks knowledge for the sake of Allah swt can also purify his soul and grow his iman.

You who believe! Show integrity for the sake of God, bearing witness with justice. Do not let hatred for a people incite you into not being just. Be just. That is closer to heedfulness. Heed God (alone). God is aware of what you do. (Surat al-Ma'ida: 8)

"No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune." (Quran 41:35)
One must not be injust towards people,he should always have understanding and must be wise not to argue.One must be patient during all times,in good and bad.One must not backbite and practice arrogance.One must always have mercy for others and be constantly aware of Allah swt.So one will try his best not to mistake.

Whoso doeth right, it is for his soul, and whoso doeth wrong, it is against it. And afterward unto your Lord ye will be brought back. Surah 45:15

Whoso doeth right it is for his soul, and whoso doeth wrong it is against it. And thy Lord is not at all a tyrant to His slaves.Surah 41:46

The Prophet (saaws) said: "The most beloved of Allah's servants to Allah are those with the best manners."
A Muslim with pure soul and iman has to have the best manners in everyway.

"Say, are they alike those who have knowledge and those who don't have knowledge?" (39:9)

"Allah will exalt in degree those of you who believe and those who have been granted knowledge" (58:11)
A Muslim with pure soul and iman has wisdom,and understands things with deep thinking.He doesn't worship Allah blindly,but he understands the meaning of the worship so therefore he submits to God alone with his complete heart.

Say (O Muhammad): He is Allah [Who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, nor is there to Him any equivalent. (Quran, 112)
A Muslim with pure soul will never associate partners with Him swt.

"… You can only warn those who fear their Lord in secret, and maintain the prayer. Whoever seeks purification for himself, seeks purification only for his own sake, and to God is the return." (QUran 35:18)
A Muslim with iman should call others to Islam,but everyone has free will so there's no compulsion in Islam,a Muslim's job is only to convey the message.It is for Allah swt to guide whom He wants,who really searches for guidance,purity will find it with Allah swt.

"...But ask Allaah for His bounty..." [4:32]"...then seek sustenance from Allaah, serve Him, and be grateful to Him." [Quran 29:17]

"If you count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them." [Quran 14:34]

“Allah is most compassionate and most merciful to mankind” (Qur’an 22:65)
A Muslim always gives thanks to Allah swt for all things,He swt blessed us with many things,and prayer,worship,obeying His commands is the way to thank Allah
"Yet, there are those who chose to worship others beside Allah as rivals to Him, loving them as they should love Allah, but the believers have greater love for Allah" (Qur'an 2:165)

"He gives wisdom to whoever He wills and whoever has been given wisdom has been given great good. But no one pays heed except the people of intelligence." (Qur'an 2:269)

"Remember, Allah's blessing on you and the Book and Wisdom He has sent down to you to admonish you. Have fear of Allah and know that Allah has knowledge of all things." (Qur'an 2:231)
One must always have fear(respect) of Allah swt,this is where we show how humble we are towards Him swt.

"That is the Book, without any doubt. A Guide for those who guard against evil." (Qur'an 2:2)

"These are the verses of the wise Book. A Guide and mercy for those who do good." (Qur'an 31:2-3)

"We clarify the verses for a people who reflect" (Qur'an 10:24)

"We have made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: will anyone take heed?" (Qur'an 54:17)
Everything is mentioned in the Quran,and people with understanding will truly get its message and obey it.A true Muslim doesn't follow things without any knowledge,a true Muslim obeys Allah after understanding why these commands are set there,he understands the reason of his existence and the creation of the world.

"O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared and die not except in a state of Islam with complete submission to Allah." (3:102)

"The two feet of the son of Aadam will not move from near his Lord on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters):- 1) about his life - how he spent it; 2) about his youth - how he took care of it; 3) about his wealth - how he earned it; 4) and where he spent it; 5) and about that which he acted upon from the knowledge that he acquired."(hadith)

The Messenger of Allâh sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam also said to Abdullaah bin Umar: "Be in this world as if you are a stranger or a traveller in his path."
This world is not our place for living,our place is in the hereafter and we should strive for it by acting as if we are only in a short journey in this life.

"Where you to obey most of those on earth, they will mislead you far away from Allaah's path. They follow nothing but conjectures and they do nothing but lie." [6:116]
We should be aware from hypocrites,the ones who try to deceive us,so for this we need to ask guidance from Allah and to use wisdom in order not to go astray from the straight path.

"The day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail, except him who brings to Allah a clean heart." (26:88-9)
A Muslim with pure soul shall always prepare himself for the judgment day.

"Then I will certainly come to them from before them and from behind them, and from the right-hand side and from the left-hand side, and Thou (Allah) shall not find most of them thankful." [Qur'an 7:17]
Allah gives us blessings from all the sides,but only few are thankful,we should always thank Allah by obeying Him and loving Him swt.

"And He gives you all that you ask for. But if you count the favors of Allah, never will you be able to number them. Verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude." [Qur'an 14:34]

"Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]

"Surely We have shown him the way: he may be thankful or unthankful." [Qur'an 76:3]
A person has free will,but the Muslim is aware of the blessings of Allah swt.

’Abdullâh ibn Mas’ûd radiallâhu ’anhu said: The Prophet sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam drew a line for us and said: “This is Allâh’s Straight Path.” Then he drew lines to its right and left and then said: “These are other paths. Upon every one of them there is a devil calling towards it.” Then he recited: [1] “Indeed this is My Straight Path, so follow it. And do not follow other paths, they will separate you from His Path.”
The straight path is only for those who purify themselfs from mistakes,who always upgrade their iman and who struggle their best not to fall into the trap of temptations.

Thos who are ignorant against Islam,they'll have their reward with Allah in judgment day.
"When he learns something from our Verses, he scorns them! Such people will have a humiliating punishment!". (Qur'an 45:9)

Surah 73:19
Lo! This is a Reminder. Let him who will, then, choose a way unto his Lord.

"And to Allâh belongs all honour, and to His Messenger, and to the believers, but the hypocrites know not." (63:8)

"There is not a single thing except that its depositories and treasures are with Us." [Al-Hijr (15): 2

"Whose acts righteously, whether male or female and is a believer, we will surely grant him a pure life; and We will surely bestow on such their reward according to the best of their work. (Quran 16:98)"

"For men who submit themselves wholly to Allah, and women who submit wholly to Him and men who believe and women who believe, and men who obey Allah and women who obey Him, and men who are truthful and women who are truthful, and men who are steadfast and women who are steadfast, and men who are humble and women who are humble, and men who give alms and women who give alms, and men who fast and women who fast, and men who guard their chastity and women who guard their chastity, and men who remember Allah and women who remember Him, Allah has prepared forgiveness and great reward. (Quran 33;36)"

"Enter into paradise ye and your wives, honoured and happy. (Quran 43:71)"

Salaam Aleykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu