The Quran and Science question

acceleratelife

salam everyone (hello/hi).this is my first post.in fact i just found out abt this place.iv only read a few posts before making this(iv read "alesss"s posts.theyr interesting.i want to know some of those answers too). im not sure if this question has been asked before.
lately iv been trying to do alot of research about Islam.iv seen dr zakir naik's videos on youtube.they helped alot.but there are also videos that contradict what the Quran says about science.i dont know what to think about them.
one especially i need to know about is where its mentioned that the semen is made between the backbone and the ribs(or something of this sort).but according to science its made ..umm..somewhere else.
please please please explain this to me.i completely believe in the Quran and dont want any doupts in my mind abt its teachings.
thanks.

Raihan

<<one especially i need to know about is where its mentioned that the semen is made between the backbone and the ribs(or something of this sort).but according to science its made ..umm..somewhere else.>>

This is a misconception and/or propaganda that have been spread by some anti-Islamics. What the Quran says is not against science rather science confirms the same. Please do a little research on this issue. Also try to read more than one translations on any issue.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Again and again people misunderstand this.

He is created from a spurting fluid, then he emerges from between the backbone and the breastbone.

The second section refers to the PERSON, not the fluid and obviously denotes the positioning of the fœtus in the mother’s womb (between back and breastbone).

The rest of the verse goes on to describe how, just as he emerges from the womb, man will emerge from the grave on Allah’s command.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Another explanation

... issuing from between the loins [of man] and the pelvic arch [of woman]. [3] (at-Tariq:7)

A good explanation by M. Asad:

Note 3 (Quran Ref: 86:7 )
The plural noun tara'ib, rendered by me as "pelvic arch", has also the meaning of "ribs" or "arch of bones"; according to most of the authorities who have specialized in the etymology of rare Quranic expressions this term relates specifically to female anatomy (Taj al-'Arus).(Quran Ref: 86:7 )

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Dear brothers and sisters..

Sahaba of the prophet peace be upon them all, were able to understand and grasp all aspects of each verse of the holy quran. since it was in thier language, and even the points that they could not understand they had the Prophet SAW to be asked about them.

They didnt have scientists to reveal the truthness of the holy quran, and they could imagine the things mentioned in it as to happen in the future, and they didnt over think it. Yet they had the highest faith and taqwa in our Prophet's nation.

Now adays, even arabs dont understand most of the meaning of the quran because most arabs neglected their own language (I'm an arab and i say this out of knowledge).

So why do we act as if we know nothing about quran when those scientific discoveries should have more effect on non-muslims who had no clue what quran is all about.

When are we going to start to care more and learn about our language and our holy book, instead of waiting for non-muslims to effect us with their discoveries.

We don't need those discoveries, we need to have more faith in Allah and act like it. We say we are muslims but only few of us practice it, we say we are arabs and only few who can read and write in arabic, we say we are Sunni but only few of us follow and practice the Sunna of the Prophet SAW.

(As-Saff 61) Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies Allâh. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. (1) O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do? (2) Most hateful it is with Allâh that you say that which you do not do. (3)

Jazakomullah Khair.

shammyshahoo

va alaikumussalam ..

all the scientific facts mentiond in quran should be right....b'se it is revelated frm the 'all knowing'. some facts hv been proved....and some r yet to be proved in the coming years...insha allah.some orientalists and those who r hating islam wl try to contradict it...but the truth wl always remain as 'truth'. One of the explation fr ur question..... when the baby is inside the womb of it's mother....the reproductive organs like testes and ovary...first forms in this position..afterwards they gradually descend....in abdomen...there is a definite track fr it's descend. if the baby is a male..it wl reach groin...then thru an aperture in in the inguinal region...it finally reaches the scrotal bag...just before birth. if the child is female the ovaries wl be finally placed in the pelvic region. so the site mentind in quran ...is the original site...of testes or ovaries. we humanbeings hv no full knowledge abt these matters...only wht Allah let us know....Allah knows best

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
In embryonic stages, the reproductive organs of the male and female, i.e. the
testicles and the ovaries, begin their development near the kidney between the
spinal column and the eleventh and twelfth ribs. Later they descend; the
female gonads (ovaries) stop in the pelvis while the male gonads (testicles)
continue their descent before birth to reach the scrotum through the inguinal
canal. Even in the adult after the descent of the reproductive organ, these
organs receive their nerve supply and blood supply from the Abdominal
Aorta, which is in the area between the backbone (spinal column) and the
ribs. Even the lymphatic drainage and the venous return goes to the same
area.

acceleratelife

thanks alot guys :) ..its good to know i have friends to go to ,to asks these sort of questions.
i do not doupt the Quran, i just want to know what the Quran says and what points the non-believers bring up.so in case some one asks me that,i should be able to reply back.reading these sort of things,i get confused myself,i have to admit.
im also doing research on youtube.alot of good info on there.
once again,thanks and may Allah guide us all and protect all the Muslims.Ameen.