the quran

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Dear Masty ... thank you for your inquisition ... I pray that Allah (Glorified He may be) guide us all to the right path. Amin.

The Quran is a miracle on many levels. It was initially a linguistic challenge to the people of Makkah whom were the masters of the Arab language of all time. It was a text that resembled nothing else in style and eloquence. The Quran challenged them to bring one chapter similar to it and they failed. Muhammad (peace be upon him) was illiterate, and did not say poetry before it, which rather made more of a challenge to them.

On another level, is what is known today as "scientific miracles" of the Quran. These are simply verse in the Quran that stated facts which the science only knew of recently. Of these there are a plenty, some are rather more solids that others. In my own opinion -and this is just my own opinion- many of these depends on wild and over stretched interpretations of the verses. There are references to the formation of fetuses and to the thinning of the air with ascent in the Quran, both of which only became known recently. There are also references to the movement of the mountains. These are few of the many scientific references in the Quran.

On another level, there are the laws of the Quran, which although can look harsh and outdated for the *liberal* mind, are actually magnificent demonstration of justice if you look at them with a neutral mind. These laws encompass social, economical, military and even political aspects of life.

Another level is the author of this book. It could only have either 1. been revealed by Allah (Glorified He may be) or 2. written by Muhammad (peace be upon him). i.e. Muhammad (peace be upon him) could have only been honest or a liar. Now, suppose he was a liar and explain to me how could he have written all the above, an illiterate shepherd in the desert of Arabia in the 7th century.

And finally, there is the level of guidance. If you read the Quran you will notice that it speaks to you as an individual. It instills in your heart the presence of Allah (Glorified He may be) and fills your soul with tranquility and purpose. There is nothing like the Quran ... and I invite you to have a go at it yourself. The Quran has this invitation to all mankind.

Keep asking, we are only pleased to answer.

nori suja'i

maashaa'Allah i'm just an imperfect slave of Allah but the more i read The Qur'an, the stronger the echo coming back to me. i just did'nt sure wheather its coming from my own or from the angels on my left/right shoulders or from AlQur'an itself (only if recite averyday). u may do it & Allah sure will like it.

InsyaAllah.