The Remains of Lot's People???

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum!

I was just reading about the well-known story of Lot (pbuh) and his people...the ones that were gay and all. Everything from Lot's warning to them to stop their indecency, to the Angels visiting him, and then the punishment of raining brimstones on that same town. The book I'm reading talks about it and describes everything in detail. And mentions how it is now just a sea not benefitting to anyone and how this is a sign for those who understand or are mindful. I'd really like to see the remains of everything..I thought there would be some images..but all I can find are pictures of Lot's (pbuh) cave in Jordan. So were the people of Lot from what is present day Jordan? Also where can I see the reamains of anything..the sea or something? The book also mentions excerpts from the Quran about Allah saying the town was built on a high road and people pass the same place that is now a sea...A little confused..help :p

Wa Alaykum Assalam

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:

You're not talking about "Qisas al-Anbiya" are you?

According to my knowledge, the sea that you speak of is the Dead Sea in Palestine. Its really late and I'm too tired to go and get the book, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

As for seeing the remains of previously destroyed civilizations, I actually heard that was prohibited. If you're talking about TRAVELING to them that is. There's a fatwa on it and I'll see if I can post it in the morning. If you meant pictures, that's fine.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

But isn't it written in the Quran that these are signs left for people as a warning. I think the remains of Thamud were left near Mecca, and the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and his companions used to stop by on their way to another town and would reflect on it....

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

But isn't it written in the Quran that these are signs left for people as a warning. I think the remains of Thamud were left near Mecca, and the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and his companions used to stop by on their way to another town and would reflect on it....
I read the following hadith about places and dwellings of people who tasted Allah's wrath:::

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by al-Hijr (the land of the people of Thamood) he said: “Do not enter the dwellings of those who wronged themselves, lest what befell them befall you, unless you are weeping.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) covered his head and walked quickly until he had left the valley. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3380; Muslim, 2980.

Al-Nawawi included this hadeeth in a chapter entitled “Weeping and feeling fear when passing by the graves of the wrongdoers and the places where they were killed, and expressing one's need of Allaah, and being careful not to be negligent in that.” Riyaadh al-Saaliheen, p. 373.

:wasalam:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Yup that was it. JazakAllah khair Brother kashif_nazeer.

There are many people who take the ayaat in the Quran where Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala states that mankind should see the world so we can ponder over His Creation as an excuse to visit the areas of previous punishment as well. I'm not sure it can be applied to that as the abovementioned Hadith clearly states.

aisha16

Thank you for all your helpful answers. And don't worry I'm not planning on leaving to see all these areas lol. Pictures is fine..plus i haven't even left my own state let alone the country. :D

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

sister, maybe this book can help you to know them and other destroyed communities well inshallah.

Attachments

• Perished Nations.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 56