The Story of Abu Dahdah رضي الله عنه YOU WIIL LOVE THIS

salahdin

The Story of Abu Dahdah رضي الله عنه

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

السلام عليكم ورحمت الله و بركاته

الحمد الله

During the time of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, there was a young orphan who was getting a wall built from the edge of his house to his neighbour’s but there was a palm tree that was causing a halt to the construction. The wall could not be continued unless the tree was either removed or added to the child’s house. This tree belonged to the companion named Abi Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه . The young boy (the orphan) came to Abi Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه and told him, “Give me that tree so I could construct the wall.” Abi Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه replied, “No, it is mine.” The boy then said, “Then sell it to me!” Abi Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه refused once again. The boy said, “By Allah, I am going to complain to Prophet of Allah!”

He went and told what exactly had happened with him. Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم softly said, “Where is Abu Lubabah? Call Abu Lubabah!” He صلى الله عليه وسلم then said to Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه , “Give him the tree” Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه said, “No, O’ Prophet of Allah, it is my haqq.” Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, “O’ Abu Lubabah, sell it to him.” He رضي الله تعالى عنه replied, “No, O’ Prophet of Allah it’s mine.”

Hearing this, tears started flowing from the eyes of the young boy. Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم then said, “O’ Abu Lubabah, give him a branch from this tree and you will have a tree in Jannah” Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه said, “I don’t want it,” and the left. When Abu Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنه heard this and saw the boy crying, he went close to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and said, “If I purchase the same tree, will I get the same offer?” Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم replied, “Yes” Then Abu Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنه ran after Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه and said, “O’ Abu Lubabah, do you my orchard? (His house was in the orchard and some scholars said it had 400 trees whilst others said it had 600) It is yours for that tree!” Abu Lubabah رضي الله تعالى عنه turned around and said, “Are you out of your mind?” Aba Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنه replied, “No, it is yours and O’ people be witness!”

Then he went where Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and the boy were and said to him, “O’ boy, that tree is yours!” Abu Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنه then went to his old orchard and called out from outside, “O’ Umm Dahdah!” She رضي الله تعالى عنها replied, “Yes, O’ Abu Dahdah!” He said, “Come out of the orchard” She asked, “Why?” He said, “We have sold it to Allah and His Messenger!” She said, “What a successful deal!”

Then Umm Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنها got their children out of the orchard. They were carrying some dates, she got hold of their hands, opened them and threw the dates back into the orchard and said, “They are for Allah my child.” And thus, Abu Dahdah رضي الله تعالى عنه sold off his 400 trees plus his home for a tree in Jannah