The three statements of happiness

weakslave

:bismillah:

These three statements, if we stick by them InshaAllaah we would lead very happy and satisfied lives:

Express your happiness, cover up your anger.

Enjoy the good, hate the evil.

Be shy in doing evil, but don't be shy in doing good.

It is very ironic that we do the opposite of all the above, and yet they are so beneficial to us.

When we are angry, we like others to know. We raise our voices, our body language changes and we make everyone's life hell. When we are happy, we do not go out of our way to thank Allaah, to thank those who were the source.

We enjoy sinning, but find good deeds very tedious and cumbersome. This one is probably the hardest, but only the most pious of people have attained it.

For example, we are not shy to show others we listen to music or we smoke or we watch movies, but when it comes to our prayers, especially the nawaafil (supererogatory prayers), when it comes to our donations, when it comes to doing the thikr or tasbeeh we find shyness in exposing it to others because we do not want to appear to be showing off. Well I have news for you: if you continue to remind yourself of the reason that you undertook this task, realize that only Allaah can repay you for your hardwork, and have confidence in your intention that it is for the sake of Allaah alone, then why stress out and cover up that good which others can benefit from?

I don't do any of the above well at all. But with the help of Allaah, they will all become easy for every one of us.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:bismillah:

These three statements, if we stick by them InshaAllaah we would lead very happy and satisfied lives:

Express your happiness, cover up your anger.

Enjoy the good, hate the evil.

Expose your good deeds, hide your sins.

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

A smile is always good. Not just to express happiness, feeling and enjoying the good and exposing a good deed but it also makes the heart feels lighter regardless of the pain, hardship and trials one's is going through.
Thank you for the good read. Jazakallahu khair.

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
"Expose your good deeds, hide your sins."

Am I the only one to have a problem with this ?

No, and I think it can lead people to do wrong.

We know the PRophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam) commanded Muslims to hide their own sins and the sins of others.

however, there is nothing about exposing our good deeds, on contrary, those should be done in secret , like how when we are giving charity, its meant be secret so that the right hand gives and the left does not know!

Tahajjud is a great prayer, because its done in middle of night without anyone except Allah to know.

assalamu alaykum

weakslave

Many muslims think they should hide their actions, but this is not true. In Islam, what is strictly forbidden and a sign of hypocrisy is:

- Doing things for a reason other than to please Allaah
- Bragging or speaking of good things you have done

Look at this verse in the Quraan:

الَّذِينَ يُنفِقُونَ أَمْوَالَهُم بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ سِرًّا وَعَلاَنِيَةً فَلَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَلاَ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ​

Those who spend their wealth [in Allah's way] by night and by day, secretly and publicly - they will have their reward with their Lord. And no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.

2:274

You make the intention, you give for the sake of Allaah. If someone is looking, who cares. You don't not give because someone is looking. But you also don't give just because someone is observing...

What we as Muslims don't realize is that moderation, modesty, and the right intention is required. The Prophet :saw:, the companions, and the tabi'een did not hide their good deeds. Yes, they did many great things which no one would have found out about because they wouldn't go out of their way to show others, but that did not stop them from doing good when people were looking or prevent themselves from the reward.

If that were the case, all of the sunnan we have now would have been hidden from us and the religion would have been lost.

There is no shyness in doing good. There is hypocrisy in talking about the good you have done and having the wrong intention. In Islaam, moderation and wisdom are commanded.

I hope that clarifies it :) And Allaah knows best.

EDIT: I think I should change the statement from what it is to:

Be shy in doing evil, but don't be shy in doing good.

Expose is not the right word for what I am trying to say. Jazakum Allaahu Khairan for your input everyone.

rightpath_357

I agree with everything:D
Except don't show off in donating- or don't get too attached to the praise people give you:)