The typical Muslim

majormuss

:salam2:
Many times when I read the Quran(translation) the primary targets being warned are the Disbelievers and the Munafiqun. I want to read sections where the average muslim is addressed(not the Mu'minuun but the sinful muslims- us..). I know a couple like the one in Surah Zumar-39 ( Verses 53- 61). Do you know any more? please share..

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salaam,

There are other verses which reffer to sinful muslims which I have no knowledge of at the moment, but do remember that Allah is ofcourse All-forgiving (Al-Ghaffar) so probably that's the reason 'sinful muslims' aren't really pointed out to, and if you love Allah and you're a true muslim there is no such thing as sinful muslim in any case, you either follow the path of Allah's guidance, or are a sinner of shaytan's.

weakslave

:salam2:
Many times when I read the Quran(translation) the primary targets being warned are the Disbelievers and the Munafiqun. I want to read sections where the average muslim is addressed(not the Mu'minuun but the sinful muslims- us..). I know a couple like the one in Surah Zumar-39 ( Verses 53- 61). Do you know any more? please share..

:wasalam:

A very ironic question!

It is ironic because:

- No one is free from sin as the Prophet :saw: - Every son of Adam is a sinner, and the best among those who commit sin are the repenters

- Messenger :saw: said: If you were not to commit sins, Allah would have swept you out of existence and would have replaced you by another people who have committed sin, and then asked forgiveness from Allah, and He would have granted them pardon. {Muslim}

- Every verse of the Quran is beneficial to every believer.

- A believer's faith fluctuates. Sometimes you feel so close to Allaah and you feel the urge to prolong prayers, increase in supplication and so on. Other times all we think about is this worldly life and forget Allaah until it's time to pray again. The Quran is meant to provide every believer with a higher state of emaan, it cures the heart of any attachment to this world.

- When Allaah says in the Quran, the meaning, "Oh you who have believed" that is a direct address to me and you and every one out there who believes in Allaah and the last day.

If you ever thought there is a person who is alive on this earth right now who is an adult and does not commit sins, you are very much mistaken. As one pious man InshaAllaah once said:

And if they knew of the sins I commit
Then never would they shake my hand if they saw me

But the mercy of Allaah is greater than the sins of His slaves:

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, stated:" He who comes with goodness, there are in store for him ten like those and even more than those: 'And he who comes with vice, ' it is only for that that he is called to account. I even forgive him (as I like) and he who draws close to Me by the span of a palm I draw close to him by the cubit, and he who draws close to Me by the cubit I draw close to him by the space (covered) by two hands, and he who walks towards Me I rush towards him, and he who meets Me in the state that his sins fill the earth, but not associating anything with Me, I would meet him with the same (vastness) of pardon (on My behalf)."

We all have an opportunity to walk along the side the Prophet :saw: on the day of Judgement. But who will say they want this, and who will work for it?

--