There are various types of “abandonment” of the Qur’aan

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
:salam2:

There are various types of “abandonment” of the Qur’aan

1) To abandon listening to it and believing in it.

2) To abandon acting upon it, and ignoring its lawful and prohibited ordinances (halaal and haraam), even if one believes in it and recites it.

3) To abandon judging by it, and resorting to it as a judge when there are differences in the essence of the religion or other matters.

4) To abandon pondering over it, and understanding it, and seeking the explanation of it.

5) To abandon using it as a cure in all types od diseases of the heart, and instead to seek to cure these diseases by other means.

And all of these categories are included in the statement of Allaah:

“And the Messenger (will) say: O My Lord, indeed my people took this Qur’aan as something worthy of being abandoned.” [25:30]

even though some of these types of abandonment are worse than others.

[Taken from "An Introduction To The Sciences Of The Qur'aan" By Yasir Qadhi, p. 394, quoting from: Ibn Al-Qayyim, p. 113]

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

2) To abandon acting upon it, and ignoring its lawful and prohibited ordinances (halaal and haraam), even if one believes in it and recites it.

This one is the most alarming of all..because it seems to me that it's the first one to slips away from people's lives unfortunately..

May Allah make the Qura'an a companion of our hearts..may He bless us with understanding it..and preoccupy us with nothing but acting upon it..Ameen..Ameen..Ameen

Jazaki Allah al-firdaws for this reminder habibati fi Allah

:wasalam:

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Assalam o alaykum

a very nice thread indeed,

May Allah SWT make us follow the deen completely..

JazakAllah khayr..