Think Pink - Pink Recipes

Cariad

Another ingredient .. Courgette/zucchini that one does not associate with cakes. However, it works well and adds a moistness to the end result. Bit like carrot cake which is one of my favourites. :)

I'm thinking maybe you should publish a recipe book...:) I would buy it :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Another ingredient .. Courgette/zucchini that one does not associate with cakes. However, it works well and adds a moistness to the end result. Bit like carrot cake which is one of my favourites. :)

I'm thinking maybe you should publish a recipe book...:) I would buy it :)

Please send here the recipe of your favourite carrot cake. Carrot cookies might be interesting too...
smi76.gif

Cariad

My favourite recipe for carrot cake is this one. :) I sometimes grate the zest of the lemon in the topping. Also it works with courgette instead of carrot. I have not tried carrot cookies.. An idea to try I think :)

New Zealand Moist Carrot Cake..
Ingredients
  • 250g (9 oz) plain wholemeal flour
  • 175g (6 oz) raw sugar (muscovado or Barbados)
  • 175g (6 oz) soft brown sugar
  • 3 x size three eggs
  • 175ml (6 fl oz) sunflower oil
  • 55ml (2 fl oz) soured cream
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla essence
  • Approx. 1 teaspoon freshly-grated nutmeg
  • 2 level teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 300g (11 oz) grated carrots
  • 75g (3 oz) desiccated coconut
  • For the topping
  • 110g 4 oz) full fat soft cream cheese
  • 50g (2 oz) unsalted butter
  • 50g (2 oz) sifted icing sugar
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
Method
    1. Pre-heat over to gas mark 2, 150 C (300 F). You will need one 20cm (8 inch) round cake tin (lined with greaseproof paper) and two mixing bowls.
    2. In the first mixing bowl you place: eggs, oil, vanilla essence, soured cream. Next sieve the sugars into it as well (to avoid lumps).
    3. Into the second bowl you sift the: flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, soda, salt.
    4. Beat the wet ingredients and the sugars together, then fold in the dry ingredients, followed by the carrots and coconut. Mix well to distribute everything evenly, then spoon into the cake tin and bake on the centre shelf for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
    5. When the cake is cool mix the topping ingredients together and spread thickly all over the top . As an option you can slice the cake in half and spread some of the 'topping' in between the two halves.