This has nothing to do with anything.

Unleashed

LOL!! The title of the thread alone is worth a response!

I have wondered that myself about insects! and I think YES, both they and we think our life spans are looooong!

alhamdullilah

Stranger
Mashallah, i never expected a response let alone 5 :). Just something I was wondering... And i'm not saying they ponder about it, but more from their own limited view point, like our limited view.

Heh, unleashed; I had to warn people in the title, that there was wierdness in this thread :).

kiki18

mashallah! :D our minds wonder, sometimes they wonder more than usual, good brain exercise hehe.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Well regardless of whether or not they realize it or not...your sense of reflection upon the creation made me smile..and you should be pleased with this trait..as it is a sign of belief in Allah :)

:wasalam:

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
I don't think they think that deep, but that's an interesting thought. Too bad we won't know the answer for sure.

abu'muhammad

In surah naml ( the ants) ayat 18, Allah revealed what one ant talked with other

18. Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: "O ants! Enter your dwellings, lest Sulaiman (Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not."

From the ayah above we understand that ants talk, comprehend and understand each other.

19. So he [Sulaiman (Solomon)] smiled, amused at her speech and said: "My Lord! Inspire and bestow upon me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves." (ayah 19, naml )

Sulaiman alayhissalaam is grateful to Allah , of the favours given by Allah.

………………………………………………………………………………………………
(By observation) we see insects are good in work organization . bees and ants have division of labour. this conclude that they understand and comprehend. hence we understand the matters to which Allah has given us understanding of that matters by pondering and observing it. And no understanding over the matters that Allah has kept in mystery.

The question is like a mystery unless some explaination from quran or authentic ahadeeth to answer it. And Allah knows the best, Who is sameeh and bashir over His creation. Nothing in the seven heavens and earth is hidden from Him.

jazakAllahu khair.

Note : translated meanings of ayah may differ.

:wasalam:

FreedomFighter

just like us, we think that our lifespan is so long, one year may be so long. but up there, this universe is only a few days. and we are small so we feel its really long. a few days for us on this earth is short, but for the insects, they are small, and one day feels like a year, because they grow fast, like just when they are born, after a few hours, they are probably grown. their life may be short, but its long for them. this universe is only few days, but for us, its thousand years, a lifespan of an insect, we feel its short, but for them, its a long time. they go through their changes in a few days, from a small insect to a grown insect ? hope you understand what am trying to say..