THIS IS WHAT SHE SAYS...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

That is what I needed. May Allah reward your efforts.

Prayer is so critical and we need to possess understanding of every word we utter to Allah.

Please forgive me as I did not wish to take away from your conversation with JenGiove.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam,

Sister Aapa, you are correct (and no harm done regarding your last sentence). May Allah bless us with beneficial knowledge and guide us to the straight path. Ameen.

JenGiove, it is nice to hear that you believe in Allah as One and (if I understood correctly) the only One worthy of Worship.

Considering you are still reading the Qur'aan, I think I will recommend a couple thread's that I posted regarding Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) and the Prophet Muhammad :saw:.

First, the 'Belief in Allah' thread (http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=362288#post362288). I have linked to post 84 which contains information of knowing who Allah (the Almighty) is from the Qur'aan and Sunnah. No doubt you will have come across Qur'aan verses where Allah talks about Himself and narrations of the Prophet :saw:.

However this simply presents it in a concise way. It starts from Post #84 to #130. It is long read although it is well worth it for everyone because a) it helps Muslims to have a proper belief in Allah, have knowledge about who He is and ask and worship Him Alone and b) it helps inform others about the Islamic belief regarding Allah from the Qur'aan and Sunnah (not just believing in Him but worshipping Him). (There are a couple posts after #130 which you could read as well that are beneficial).

Secondly, two related thread's about 'Signs of the Messengers' (http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76480) and 'Proof of Prophet Muhammad :saw: mentioned in previous scriptures' (I linked this already before) (http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76547).

Finally, I will probably post the last portion from 'Guide to Sound Creed A Book on Muslim Creed and Faith' by Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan after this post that looks at Prophet Muhammad :saw: being the Seal of the Prophets.

I hope I haven't provided an overload of information. I recommended the links because I have read them all (in the past and now) and it helped me to understood who Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) is and the Messengers.
I am sure you will have noticed when reading the Qur'aan that Allah states Prophet Muhammad :saw: is the Seal of the Prophets. Insha'Allaah if you go through the links systematically when you can, then, I ask Allah that he guides you and keeps me on the straight path, you will see by Allahs Will that Prophet Muhammad :saw: was sent with the Qur'aan and is the Seal of the Prophets.

If you have doubts about how the Qur'aan was revealed then Insha'Allaah (if it hasn't already been posted), I can post the information from 'The Messengers and The Messages' by Umar al-Ashqaar that tackles this point in light of the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

Also, as you are aware, if you have other doubts, then express them and Insha'Allaah brothers and sisters will be willing and able to respond.

Take care.

(Regarding the post below I would have added :saw2: every time when the Prophet :saw: is mentioned but there is a limit on the amount of messages allowed).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
3) Muhammad's :saw:: The Concluding Message

Almighty Allah concluded all messages with the revelation of Muhammad's message. Almighty Allah says:

"Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but (he is] the messenger of Allah and seal [i.e., the last] of the prophets...

(Qur'an: Al-Ahzab: 40)

The Prophet, moreover, is reported to have said:

"I am the Seal of the prophets. There will be no Prophet to come after me."

According to this hadith, the finality of prophethood necessitates the finality of the Divine Revelation, since the absence of the general case requires the absence of the specific one.

Sealing prophethood by the prophethood of Muhammad :saw: means that neither a prophet will appear again nor a new divine legislation may be enact after him.

Jesus' new coming at the end of life does not contradict this statement, since Jesus (peace be upon him) will follow Prophet Muhammad's legislation. He will not follow his own legislation, which has been already abrogated. Thus, he will become a successor of the Prophet and a ruler among his nation.

Prophet Muhammad :saw:, the seal of all prophets and messengers (peace be upon them all), was dispatched with the most perfect Book, the most comprehensive legislation. He was sent with a legislation held adequate for the needs of all creatures everywhere until the Last Day. By his coming, Allah concluded Prophethood.

In the Two Sahihs (the Two Authentic Books of Al-Bulthari and Muslim) Jabir Ibn Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet said:

"My similitude in comparison with the other prophets is that of a man who has built a house completely and excellently except for a place of one brick. When the people enter the house, they admire its beauty and say,
'But for a place of a brick (how splendid the house will be)!' "

According to the narration maintained in Muslim's Authentic Book of Hadith he added:

"...Thus, I have come to finalize the chain of Prophets."

According to a third narration related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated a further addition, which complements the aforementioned hadith. It provides:

"...The people go about it, but say, 'Would that this brick be put in its place!' So I am that brick, and I am the last of the Prophets."
Moreover, the Prophet :saw: said:

"The Children of Israel used to be ruled and guided by prophets; whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. However, there will be no prophet after me, but there will be caliphs."

(Related by Al-Bukhari)

Jabir Ibn Samurah also narrated:

"I saw a seal on the back of the Prophet (PBUH) looking like an egg of a pigeon."

(Related by Muslim)

Al-Hafiz said in his book entitled, Fathul-Bari fi Sharh Sakihul-Bukhari (the Bestowal of the Creator in Expounding Al-Bukhari's Sahih):

"Al-Qurtubi maintained that all authentic hadiths agreed that the seal of prophethood appeared on the Prophet's left shoulder. It was a prominent reddish object, which would be equal in size to the egg of a pigeon when it shrank, and it would be equal in size to a handful when it stretched".
And Allah knows best.

Scholars explained why the seal of Prophethood was on the left shoulder of the Prophet. They maintained, "It should be closer to his heart."
As-Suhaili maintained that the seal of Prophethood was put on the Prophet's shoulder, since Satan can easily penetrate the human body through that part. Therefore, the Prophet (PBUH) was guarded against Satanic insinuations.

Al-Hafiz said:

"It is of Allah's mercy on His servants that He sent Muhammad :saw: to them. It is also a means of honour to conclude the prophets and messengers and to perfect the religion with him. According to the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet, it is fully clear that no prophet will come after him. This declaration is fully demonstrated to denounce any straying liar who may claim prophethood later even if being equipped with all sorts of magic, spells and charms. All such acts, if produced, should be regarded as mere deceptions. Examples of those who falsely claimed prophethood after the death of the Prophet are Al-Aswad Al- Ansi in Yemen and Musaylimah Al-Kadhdhab in Yamamah. They produced such apparent paradoxes and absurdities, which unveiled their deception and untruthfulness; may the curse of Allah befall them. Allah will unveil the falsehood of every impostor claiming to be a prophet until the Day of Resurrection when those falsely claiming the prophethood are concluded with the Antichrist. Allah will expose, before true believers and scholars, the absurdities such a liar produces. This is out of Allah's beneficence toward His creatures. Such imposters never enjoin good or forbid evil except for a hidden reason or bad intention they may secretly retain. They always show falsehood and wickedness through their deeds and sayings. Almighty Allah says:

"Shall I inform you upon whom the devils descend? They descend upon every sinful liar?"

(Qur'an: Ash-Shu'ara': 221-222)

On the contrary, true prophets (peace be upon them) show truthfulness, right guidance, uprightness and equity in whatever they say, command, do or produce of miracles and proofs which prove their prophethood. Prayers and peace of Allah be upon them all.

People are not, however, in need of a new legislation after the revelation of Muhammad's message, since it adequately responds to the needs of humanity. Therefore, there is no reason for sending a new prophet after Muhammad :saw:. But one may argue that the Muslim nation has come to a decline, so that a new prophet may work on its reform. To this, one may say that reform is not an adequate reason for the revelation of a new message after Muhammad. A prophet is always dispatched to receive Divine Revelation; the reason for Divine Revelation is people's need for a new legislation or to complement the principles of a preceding divine message. It may also be needed to purify preceding legislations of all alterations and forgeries. Since Allah has preserved the Qur'an and ultimately perfected the religion of Islam, no need for further prophets will arise. The Muslim nation is only in need of reformers."

This is quoted form Ar-Radd Ala Al-Qadyaniyyah (Refuting the false claims of Al-Qadyaniyyah) with slight changes made by the author.
Allah proclaims the finality of prophethood by sending Muhammad :saw: in His saying:

"Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but (he is) the messenger of Allah and seal [i.e., the last] of the prophets. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing."

(Qur'an: Al-Ahzab: 40)

It is, thus, well-known that the Qur'an remains preserved as a comprehensive book of people's legislations and regulations exactly as it was first revealed to Prophet Muhammad. Similarly, the Sunnah of the Prophet remains as the enunciator of the Qur'an's meanings and thus it serves as a living example of the Prophet. Allah, Exalted be He, says:

"...If you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger.'

(Qur'an: An-Nisa: 59)

Reference to Allah means recourse to His Book, and reference to the Messenger after his death means seeking solutions in his Sunnah. Therefore, the world is no more in need of further prophets and new legislations after the coming of Muhammad :saw:. If Allah sends more prophets or messengers, they will not add to the main fundamentals of Islamic faith or to the Islamic legislation. Allah has perfected the religion and accomplished His law. He says:

"This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favour upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion..."

(Qur'an: Al-Ma’idah: 3)

If the reason behind dispatching messengers only lies in inviting people to their messages and spreading it among them, it may be easily carried out by Muslim scholars, since they should stand for propagating the message among people.

In addition, whoever believes in the continuity of prophethood or accepts the view of anyone believing so should be regarded as an apostate. Therefore, the Companions fought against those who falsely alleged prophethood after the death of Prophet Muhammad and regarded them as apostates. This view is unanimously agreed upon by earlier and later Muslim scholars.

The Significance of Concluding Prophethood with Muhammad:

Prophethood was concluded with the Message of Muhammad :saw: because he was sent to all peoples and nations until the Last Day. Accordingly, Almighty Allah says:

"And We have not sent you except comprehensively to mankind as a bringer of good tidings and a warner...”

(Qur'an: Saba: 28)

He also says:

"... And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.'

(Qur'an: Al-Isra': 105)

Moreover, He says:

"Blessed is He Who sent down the Criterion upon His Servant that he may be to the worlds a warner.'

(Qur'an: Al-Furqan: 1)

Allah, further, says:

"Say, [O Muhammad], 'O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allah to you all..."

(Qur'an: Al-A'raf: 158)

Since Muhammad's :saw: Message is generally intended for all peoples all over the globe, it should be perfect and thus meet the needs of people. Allah, Exalted be He, says:

"...This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favour upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.'

(Qur'an: Al-Ma’idah: 3)

He also says:

"...And We have sent down to you the Book as clarification for all things and as guidance and mercy and good tidings for the Muslims?'

(Qur'an: An-Nahl: 89)

He further maintains:

"And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book [i.e., the Qur'an] in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it...”

(Qur'an: Al-Ma’idah: 48)