Time in Hell?

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

About 6 years ago I met a girl that is a muslim where I worked. I used to give her rides to and from work and we would talk about Islam briefly. She really was one of the first people to ever explain Islam to me and one of the things she said is that a muslim will spend time in hell for their sins, but eventually they will be allowed into heaven. So all of us would most likely go to hell for a short period of time for some sins, but someone who murdered another would spend much more time in hell.

I have not been able to find this backed up in anyway by hadith or in the Qur'an but have seen it briefly mentioned on some videos on youtube. Does anyone have any more information on this? Is this a school of thought or something that is followed in the Nation of Islam or what? Thanks in advance! :hijabi:

:wasalam:

Mohamed Amine

Salam, i have the read the Quran and hadiths and it also doesn't mention this so it can't be true. You can't trust what you see or what hear on youtube you can only trust the word of Allah and Rassulah

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

This is not true for all Muslims. Some might go to hell and some might be forgiven. If Allah SWT wants to fogive then he does not need to put his slaves to the hell.

The is a hadith by Prophet (SAW) which has the meaning, "And you keep on praying from Allah SWT for your renewal of your faith"

There are many things in the life of a Muslim when he might commit such sins that he excluded from Islam. Such a person would die as a nonbeliever and would be destined to hell. That is why it is a very very big blessing if a person dies on faith. And that is why even the Prophets of Allah prayed about the death with faith.

So it is very much clear that a Muslim can escape himslef from Islam and can be destined to hell forever unless he repents and keeps on asking for the merci of the Lord for the renewal of his faith.

Wassalaam,
VE

Mohamed Amine

AssalaamuAlaikum,

This is not true for all Muslims. Some might go to hell and some might be forgiven. If Allah SWT wants to fogive then he does not need to put his slaves to the hell.

The is a hadith by Prophet (SAW) which has the meaning, "And you keep on praying from Allah SWT for your renewal of your faith"

There are many things in the life of a Muslim when he might commit such sins that he excluded from Islam. Such a person would die as a nonbeliever and would be destined to hell. That is why it is a very very big blessing if a person dies on faith. And that is why even the Prophets of Allah prayed about the death with faith.

So it is very much clear that a Muslim can escape himslef from Islam and can be destined to hell forever unless he repents and keeps on asking for the merci of the Lord for the renewal of his faith.

Wassalaam,
VE

Salam, i have question so your saying that some could go to hell for certian period of time and then be let upstairs and if thats a yes do you have any passages that clarify that? sorry if im asking to much

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Salam, i have question so your saying that some could go to hell for certian period of time and then be let upstairs and if thats a yes do you have any passages that clarify that? sorry if im asking to much

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Dear brother, you are not asking too much but very little. :)

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 21:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "When the people of Paradise will enter Paradise and the people of Hell will go to Hell, Allah will order those who have had faith equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed to be taken out from Hell. So they will be taken out but (by then) they will be blackened (charred). Then they will be put in the river of Haya' (rain) or Hayat (life) (the Narrator is in doubt as to which is the right term), and they will revive like a grain that grows near the bank of a flood channel. Don't you see that it comes out yellow and twisted"

Kindly have a look at the following video too:

[yt]v7-SzGZ9CVA[/yt]

Wassalaam,
VE

Durriyyah

Forever Student

AH!! That's the video I saw exactly! So are they talking about someone who repents in hell? I'm still a bit confused? Also, I'm just curious how strong this hadith is. (Forgive me... I'm still a very new muslimah and trying to learn.:shymuslima1: )

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

AH!! That's the video I saw exactly! So are they talking about someone who repents in hell? I'm still a bit confused? Also, I'm just curious how strong this hadith is. (Forgive me... I'm still a very new muslimah and trying to learn.:shymuslima1: )

WaAlaikumussalaam,

>> (Forgive me... I'm still a very new muslimah and trying to learn.:shymuslima1: )

Sister, forgive me too, as I am also just a student of Islam and not a scholar.

I will try to find about the strength of this hadith (InshaAllah). But as far as I know this hadith is a popular hadith. If it is popular then it must be reliable. Anyway I try to answer your second question.

About repenting in hell:

Its all about guarantee. If you buy some computer and the seller of computer gives you the warranty of 2 years. The seller tells you that even if there is any minor fault in the computer within 2 years then he is responsible to replace. But if you come after 2 years then it will depend on the decision of the seller if he gives some help/replacement of the computer or not. Understood?

Allah SWT has told us in Qur'aan that if we repent from our sins then He promises to save us from hell, and over that He will reward us with Jannah. Allah SWT has even promised additional bonuses of forgiveness if we have few minor sins also. This Warranty ends when a person dies. So if a person dies without repenting then it is not a promise to save him from hell but it totally depends upon the merci of Allah SWT to forgive that person.

As matter of principal, there is no repentence after death (in hell) but the only way is the merci and blessings of Allah SWT, Otherwise every person in the hell will be moaning and screaming to come out and repent. But only that person will be saved who is decided by the Merciful.

(May Allah forgive me if I am wrong in any my stance)

Wassalaam,
VE