Tips to learn Quran

yakubpasha

Asak Brothers/Sisters,

I was looking around for tips to memorize the Quran.

So far i found the following tips, would appreciate if some one can give me some advice on how to learn the Quran.

1. Learn with a Hafiz, its easy for him to recognize your mistakes

2. Be consistent.. If we take a summer break while learning the Quran, we forget really fast and we need to start learning the stuff we forgot one more time.

3. Recording your recitation. If you dont have any one to recite to, you can record on your ipod,laptop and play back to find out errors.

4. Revision- Revise half to one juz during Salat. We pray 5 times/more everyday, we can benefit more by revising the surahs we learnt already

5. Learn after Fajar- This is when the mind is fresh, some people also recommend learning before you sleep.

6. Most importantly ask Allah for help, its miraculous that there are 6 million or more hafiz in the world. Most of them dont even understand what they are reading but can still learn it because the Rahman teaches them the Quran.

I think its also important to ponder over what we learn and apply it in our lives.

Would appreciate any tips that others use, what sort of goals you set for memorizing a juz? i am not talking about the full time hifz students but those interested in learning part tim

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
hello brother
your tips are useful but I see the most important thing is to understand what u are reciting , I mean to learn Arabic first .
I follow this way , I speak Arabic so I explain the ( ayah ) for my self and then memorize it .
For people whom dont speak Arabic they must read the translation and understand it .
some Arabic words are very easy but when it's be written in English it becomes too long , for example مستضعفين is written like ( Mustadh'afeen ) , i think this makes it difficult to memorize .

Try ur best , who doesnt speak Arabic and face difficulties to recite have 2 rewards ( Ajr ) 1 for reciting Qur'an and the 2nd is for the difficulties , how lucky you are :)

I advise you to have a friend to memorize Qur'an with him , this will encourage you .

you can see this link :
http://pearlsofamuslim.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/tips-on-memorizing-the-qur’an/

and if u need a help in Arabic words I will be happy to help you .

May Allah bless you .

yakubpasha

Yes i agree, if we understand the meaning its easier to learn the Quran but definitely not a prerequisite. I started taking Arabic classes, i have learnt a bit of grammar so far, hopefully i will finish level 3/4 in the next 2 months. I am also trying to memorise the Quranic vocabulary. Around 80% of the Quranic vocabulary is made up of not to many words, i think it was somewhere in the 300 mark.

Btw our teacher (who is just amazing.( Bayyinah.com) that Arab speakers get an idea of the Quran but dont understand it completely or they think they are understanding but are not really understanding it :) till they learn Quranic Arabic

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Yes i agree, if we understand the meaning its easier to learn the Quran but definitely not a prerequisite. I started taking Arabic classes, i have learnt a bit of grammar so far, hopefully i will finish level 3/4 in the next 2 months. I am also trying to memorise the Quranic vocabulary. Around 80% of the Quranic vocabulary is made up of not to many words, i think it was somewhere in the 300 mark.

Btw our teacher (who is just amazing.( Bayyinah.com) that Arab speakers get an idea of the Quran but dont understand it completely or they think they are understanding but are not really understanding it :) till they learn Quranic Arabic

I can say he is right !! some of Arabs read Qur'an but they dont understand it coz their minds are going awaaay from understanding what they read .

May Allah guide all of us :)

mwaraitch

Desire is important and will make the difference.
If one makes a habit of reading Quran on daily basis one can learn Quran.

Once it comes to learning it for the first time, obviously one would need a qualified tutor. Online Tutoring services these day are there which may be of
help where tutor in not handy. I can recommend one:

The other aspects relate to manners of handling and reading Quran. Best thing to my mind is concentration and desire, Rest of all the issue come to you automatically.