To my Egyptian Bros/sis, is this true?

dianek

Salaam all,

I am interested in knowing if the following information is correct. I long ago subscribed to KIMO4JESUS when I was soul searching for many reasons. Since I have not cancelled my subscription to their news letters. Please read the following excerpt and tell me if this really happened.

EXCERPT FROM AN EMAIL (not my words at all):

Saddat, the former president of Egypt, was a very radical Muslim (Psalm 52:3). Whenever Saddat spoke to the Nation, he would always say, 'I want every one to know that I am a Muslim president for a Muslim nation.' Saddat is the Egyptian president who changed the Egyptian Constitution to make Sharia (Islamic Law) to be the main source of the Egyptian Law after Egypt was ruled by the French Law. Saddat released radical Muslims, who were imprisoned during Naser, to support him against Communist. Christians suffered sever persecution during Saddat era. He arrested many Christians especially on September 5, 1981, just a month before he was assassinated by radical Muslims. He was going to execute the Coptic pope Shenouda III but some Human Rights activists told him that would be in trouble with the West if he does so. Instead, Saddat removed the Coptic pope from his office, arrested him, and put him under house arrest in his monastery.

Your Christian brethren are still suffering severely during Mubarak. You cannot believe it that Christians have to obtain a presidential permit from Mr. Mubark to be able to repair anything in a church, to fix even the rest room of a church if it needs some repair! Can you believe it that Mubarak, who receives annual support of $2.5 billions of the American aid, is sitting in his office to sign permits for Christians so they can fix the restrooms of their churches!

Are you aware of this severe persecution that your Christian sisters and brothers are going through or you just give your taxes (American aid) to a country which does not respect the human rights of Christians?

Friday, October 21, 2005, a dozen of thousands of radical Muslims were raiding Christian communities in Alexandria, killing Christians, raiding their homes, destroying churches, burning their cars, Alexandria was like a battlefield that day.

tabaria

:salam2:

I would take what these groups say with a grain of salt. And remember everyone now a days is a radical muslim. Sadat to my knowledge was never pushing for anything Islamic. He was more focused on pan Arab nationalism. In fact he was the one who organized the oil embargo, not the Saudis.

Also no person in Egypt is safe from mubarak. He didn't let the hadjis go back into Gaza, and he bans the muslim brotherhood and imprisons their members. In fact sadat did the same thing.

I also find it interesting they detail Sadat a "radical" because he said things like
"I want every one to know that I am a Muslim president for a Muslim nation." Even though all the presidential candidates and GWB have all outlined how they are proud Christians, and Republican nominees always call the U.S. a Christian nation. So this is a clear double standard and highlights to other muslims why you should never try to please these people.

By the way during Sadat's time and to this day the vast majority of Muslims in Egypt want to live under sharia law.
:wasalam:

dianek

Thanks! All good and informative points but you did not speak to the following:

"Friday, October 21, 2005, a dozen of thousands of radical Muslims were raiding Christian communities in Alexandria, killing Christians, raiding their homes, destroying churches, burning their cars, Alexandria was like a battlefield that day."

If this is true, where is the "tolerance" Muslims are to practice?

muslimguy

sister diane you talking like someone from Fox news or CNN. you know muslims are blamed for everything these days. if a star would to come down on us they 'll say Muslims. I don't how true that statement is, but you should know better than anyone else that Islam is not Muslims. why do we blame the actions of muslims on Islam?

[yt]22NVllBhU9M[/yt]

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
Salamo Alikom',
I am a Muslim Egyptian who lives in Alexandria.
Dear sister, concerning the topic of the Sadat's era & the Christians during his time, I think that what you were sent is not true nor accurate. I have researched a little & this is what I found out. On the contrary, the Christian Church during his time had an increasing power due to the American influence & this is up till today. As for the Coptic Pope, I learned that he was ordered to stay in the convent as a result of exploiting his power.
As for Sadat's actions towards Muslim Brothers or radicals, as you call them, he totally persecuted them like the president before & after him. In the beginning of his rein he got them out of jail to only throw them back in!

Dear sister uptill TODAY the muslim Radicals, though I don't like that name, are still persecuted & thrown in jail with no trail in most cases. During Nasir, Sadat, & Mobark, any Muslim man or woman that just goes to any mosque is threatened to go to jail. Men are investegated with so harshly just for having a beard!
Muslim families are so scared to send their sons & daughters to mosques because that action will be reported.
Dear sis, you are learning this from a muslim sister who was brought up in a Catholic school. I spent 13 years going in & out of a nunnry & loving every bit about it.

As for the churches today in Egypt, I can tell you loud & clear that what you were sent is totally misleading. TOTALLY.

The churches are getting bigger & bigger everyday. They spend millions of pounds on building new churches & making them better. They have huge funds for that.
Plus due to the American power over the Egyptian government & the government fear of the muslim radicals, the Christians almost have the upper hand in almost everything.
Let me explain this to you.
Most billionars in Egypt are Christians. They progress in bussiness & industry is amazing due to the fact of the external western support I told you about. The other factor is that the government is weak in front of them for fear of being called prjeduesed against them.
As for us poor muslims here, we don't get certain jobs because of being head covered or having a beard, & that 4 men of course, lol.
We are being told in the face that we muslims are going to be kicked off of Eygpt because it is not & have never been our country! Most Christians believe that Christians are descender of the pharoes & that muslims are not.
The egyptian priests, nuns .. say that they will not take off the black colored dresses till they make all muslims leave the country.
Of course, not all Christians are like that especially because this attitude is not Christian at all.

Finally, as an Alexandrian, I'll tell you what happened in October 21, 2005.
It was terrible. It started as a simple street fight. Between who? No one knows coz one cared . However, it was a new excuess for the radical Christians & Churches to victamize themselves.
Actually, that event resulted in terrorizing muslims more. Muslims , espicially women because of the hijab, were violently abused in the streets, many unfortunate muslim women were bitten & undresses in the streets.
I could not leave the house for days.
The government, fearing the American possible reaction, did not give the muslims a break either.
They brutally investegated both men & women in that area.
Beard men were bitten up savagely on dailly bases. This is not a new thing to many beard guys anyway. At least the fear of it.
Sadly sister, this has been an evil plan to start a civil war in Egypt.
And the email you got is probably part of such a plan, too.

However, Both Muslims & Christians have been like one big family living together on Egyptian soil.. AND en shaa Allah, we will stay this way forever.

If there is anyone who is reliously percequted in Eygpt, then I am sorry to inform you that it is the MUSLIMS whom Mosques are shut down, who are not allowed to do certain jobs coz of the way they choose to look as Muslims, & who are terrified to maybe accidently upset a Christian in any daily matter for fear it will turn against them politically.
I am sorry in advance if I have offended anyone.
However, this is my perspective from where I stand bearing in mind that this is not a judgemental generalization. But this comes from someone who loves & respects Christianity & Christians as much as I do towards Muslims & Islam.
Salamo Alikom.

dianek

sister diane you talking like someone from Fox news or CNN. you know muslims are blamed for everything these days. if a star would to come down on us they 'll say Muslims. I don't how true that statement is, but you should know better than anyone else that Islam is not Muslims. why do we blame the actions of muslims on Islam?

[yt]22NVllBhU9M[/yt]

That was not my intent....all i wanted to know is the truth. I heard information and went to the source to find the answer since I am not in Egypt to know and can't trust media to be honest, so I ask Egyptians to answer. That is all...no finger pointing.

dianek

Just to clarify the orginal post less my plea for your answers was an excerpt from the email I received....not my writing...perhaps i should have used quotation marks, I didn't say this stuff as fact....

dianek

Salamo Alikom',
I am a Muslim Egyptian who lives in Alexandria.
Dear sister, concerning the topic of the Sadat's era & the Christians during his time, I think that what you were sent is not true nor accurate. I have researched a little & this is what I found out. On the contrary, the Christian Church during his time had an increasing power due to the American influence & this is up till today. As for the Coptic Pope, I learned that he was ordered to stay in the convent as a result of exploiting his power.
As for Sadat's actions towards Muslim Brothers or radicals, as you call them, he totally persecuted them like the president before & after him. In the beginning of his rein he got them out of jail to only throw them back in!

Dear sister uptill TODAY the muslim Radicals, though I don't like that name, are still persecuted & thrown in jail with no trail in most cases. During Nasir, Sadat, & Mobark, any Muslim man or woman that just goes to any mosque is threatened to go to jail. Men are investegated with so harshly just for having a beard!
Muslim families are so scared to send their sons & daughters to mosques because that action will be reported.
Dear sis, you are learning this from a muslim sister who was brought up in a Catholic school. I spent 13 years going in & out of a nunnry & loving every bit about it.

As for the churches today in Egypt, I can tell you loud & clear that what you were sent is totally misleading. TOTALLY.

The churches are getting bigger & bigger everyday. They spend millions of pounds on building new churches & making them better. They have huge funds for that.
Plus due to the American power over the Egyptian government & the government fear of the muslim radicals, the Christians almost have the upper hand in almost everything.
Let me explain this to you.
Most billionars in Egypt are Christians. They progress in bussiness & industry is amazing due to the fact of the external western support I told you about. The other factor is that the government is weak in front of them for fear of being called prjeduesed against them.
As for us poor muslims here, we don't get certain jobs because of being head covered or having a beard, & that 4 men of course, lol.
We are being told in the face that we muslims are going to be kicked off of Eygpt because it is not & have never been our country! Most Christians believe that Christians are descender of the pharoes & that muslims are not.
The egyptian priests, nuns .. say that they will not take off the black colored dresses till they make all muslims leave the country.
Of course, not all Christians are like that especially because this attitude is not Christian at all.

Finally, as an Alexandrian, I'll tell you what happened in October 21, 2005.
It was terrible. It started as a simple street fight. Between who? No one knows coz one cared . However, it was a new excuess for the radical Christians & Churches to victamize themselves.
Actually, that event resulted in terrorizing muslims more. Muslims , espicially women because of the hijab, were violently abused in the streets, many unfortunate muslim women were bitten & undresses in the streets.
I could not leave the house for days.
The government, fearing the American possible reaction, did not give the muslims a break either.
They brutally investegated both men & women in that area.
Beard men were bitten up savagely on dailly bases. This is not a new thing to many beard guys anyway. At least the fear of it.
Sadly sister, this has been an evil plan to start a civil war in Egypt.
And the email you got is probably part of such a plan, too.

However, Both Muslims & Christians have been like one big family living together on Egyptian soil.. AND en shaa Allah, we will stay this way forever.

If there is anyone who is reliously percequted in Eygpt, then I am sorry to inform you that it is the MUSLIMS whom Mosques are shut down, who are not allowed to do certain jobs coz of the way they choose to look as Muslims, & who are terrified to maybe accidently upset a Christian in any daily matter for fear it will turn against them politically.
I am sorry in advance if I have offended anyone.
However, this is my perspective from where I stand bearing in mind that this is not a judgemental generalization. But this comes from someone who loves & respects Christianity & Christians as much as I do towards Muslims & Islam.
Salamo Alikom.

Thanks Sis! That was exactly what i was looking for, an answer from someone who knows and lives in that area who can tell it like it really is! Thanks so much!!!!

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Looks like USA (Uinted States of Agression) is planning for war to "free" Egypt.
And seeing the "freedumb" that it brought to Iraq, "frredumb" lovers all over the World would welcome it :)

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
Looks like USA (Uinted States of Agression) is planning for war to "free" Egypt.
And seeing the "freedumb" that it brought to Iraq, "frredumb" lovers all over the World would welcome it :)
It looks like it.
May Allah protect us
:tti_sister:

USA is actually trying to do that everywhere..where they cant win they use force and then make excuses like democracy n crap like that....from my point of view its the US that needs democracy n liberty from its rulers