To pray or not

Hannah123

One Truth
:salam2:
First off let me say that i first woke up this morning for the 530 prayer and felt amazing, so i will continue to wake at this time to serve Allah and praise Allah. I just have a few questions...i'm still not sure of the exact way to say all the things i'm supposed to be saying so i wanted to ask if i'm sinning by not saying it all or if i ask Allah for forgiveness i should keep praying? I know how to do all the actions and most of what to say, but i still haven't memorized all the arabic. Any advice Insha'Allah??
:wasalam:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
If you're having trouble with the Qur'an Recitations, remember that the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) said that, instead of reciting the Qur'an (this is only valid if you absolutly know NO part of the Qur'an), we can say: "Subhanalllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar, la ilaha illAllah" (or something along those lines).

Continue to say the prayer but try your best to memorize it Insha'Allah. I don't think Allah will be pleased if you delay the memorization process.

What I did (not sure if it was valid) when I first reverted to Islam, I wrote everything down in a notebook and kept that notebook by my side. So that whenever I would sit down to say the Tashahhud, I would read from it. I did this for about 2 weeks (or maybe 3) and memorized the whole prayer and it's meanings later on. May Allah allow you to do the same. Ameen.

pearl

you can try to memorise those arabic forms the way i do..
it is hard me to memorise them too so i am using technology to help me.
i downloaded the mp3 of those dua's and i try to listen to them on my little i-pod whenever i am free. by this way i can memorise the exact sayings of them
:tti_sister: My Allah help you do the best insh Allah :tti_sister:

but i still believe that (please correct me if i am wrong) if we are trying to do our best, even if we are not the best, My Allah will our prayings and may forgive us insh Allah

:blackhijab:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum
If you're having trouble with the Qur'an Recitations, remember that the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) said that, instead of reciting the Qur'an (this is only valid if you absolutly know NO part of the Qur'an), we can say: "Subhanalllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar, la ilaha illAllah" (or something along those lines).

Continue to say the prayer but try your best to memorize it Insha'Allah. I don't think Allah will be pleased if you delay the memorization process.

What I did (not sure if it was valid) when I first reverted to Islam, I wrote everything down in a notebook and kept that notebook by my side. So that whenever I would sit down to say the Tashahhud, I would read from it. I did this for about 2 weeks (or maybe 3) and memorized the whole prayer and it's meanings later on. May Allah allow you to do the same. Ameen.

Assalamu Alaykum, Exactly as NewMuslim said !

Make Ablution, then read your prayer by doing the actions as close you can to how you should pray the different units of prayer. And as you do not know the words, you can just say

SubhanAllah , Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar, La Ilaha ilallah

this means

Glorified Be Allah, All Praise is for Allah, Allah is the Greatest, there is no Deity worthy of worship Except Allah.

Learn How To Pray Here, step by step

Wasalam.

Hannah123

One Truth
:salam2:
Thank you all sooo much for your advice. I actually went and bought a little notebook today, that seems like the easiest way for me to memorize the words. I'm not too far from memorizing alot of the prayers, Insha'Allah the rest will come with ease from the guidance of the only One who can Guide. So like i was thinking it's better to pray then not if i feel like i'm making mistakes. May Allah be pleased with you all and continue to guide you on this Straight Path of Islam.
Your sister,
Hannah:tti_sister:

Ali_Ibrahim

Hannah,
salamu alaikum,

Heres a few tips and things to say when your in doubt of knowing what to say.
Instructions on how to pray:

1. For the first raka, before raising the hands and saying allahu akbar.
you can initiate the adhan(prayer call)
'Allahu akbar allahu akbar,
ashadu an la ilaha ilallah,ashadu an la ilaha ilallah,
ashadu an a muhammad il rasull allah,
ashadu an a muhammad il rasull allah,
haya ala'l salah,
haya ala'l salah,
haya ala'l falah,
haya ala'l falah,
allahu akbar allahu akbar,
la ilaha illallah.

Then after that you can say..
allahuma rabi hathee hal da'wa tihtamm wa salatil ka'ima
ati muhammad il waseela ta wal fatheela
wa ba'athuma kamun mahmood il lathi wa 3ata...
Subhanaka allahuma wa ba hamdik wa tabarik ismuka
wa ta3ala jadik wa la ilaha ghayruk, 3aoothu bi illahi min il shaytan il rajim bismil lahir rahmanir rahim.

Then you say allahu akbar and raise your hands to the ears and read the fatiha and 1 surah. it can be any surah. doesn't matter but for beginners, view the last 14 surahs they are pretty short.if you dont know many or don't know enough to cover each raka in 1 daily prayer, then keep saying that one surah each raka but u might lose track of how many raka's you've done so you really have to pay attention.

The first part of this which is the adhan and the initiation, you don't need to say it again until the next salah..__________________________________________

Then say allahu akbar and put your hands on your knees and bend down a lil, ( because your a female).. and say:
Subhan il rabi il atheem (3 times)

Then as you go back up say:
sami3 allah wa ilan hamida

Then whisper:
rabana wa lakal hamd

Then say:
allahu akbar (and make sajud)

(Key Note)
While making sajud, some people say you can ask for forgiveness right there, because your at the favoral spot in sallah. This is the spot allah loves you in most( don't quote me, but i've heard it before so double check on it).
you then say:

Subhan il rabi il 3ala ( 3 times)

If this is your first raka, after you've made your 2nd sajud, you dont need to go back and sit on ur calves, you stand back up and start all over from allahu akbar

If this is your 2nd or ANY EVEN raka(EXCEPT THE LAST RAKA) go back and sit on ur calves again after your 2nd sajud and say:
Atahiyat ilallah wa saluwat wa tayabat
asalamu alaikum wa rahmatallahi wa barakatu
asalamu alaina wa 3ala 3ibad ila saliheen
(point your right index finger)
ashadu an la ilaha illallah wahdahu la sharikala
wa ashadu ana muhammadan 3abduhu wa rasuluhu
(you can stop pointing if you'd like)
allahuma sali ala muhammad wa ala ali muhammad
kama salata ala ibrahima wa ala ali ibrahim
wa barak muhammad wa ala ali muhammad kama
barakta ala ibrahim wa ala ali ibrahin innaka hamidun majid
--------
To close it off you can say:
Allahuma ini 3aoothoo bika min 3adabil jahanna wa min 3athabil kabri wa minil fatnatil maya wal mamti wa min fatnatil maseehi dijjal.
Salamu alaikum wa rahamat allah
salamu alaikum wa rahamat allah
Then your done....

After your salam:
You can put your hands up to your face, and ask for forgiveness, ( that's what i do)you can say it in english, but just whisper it... But people who know the ayat il kursi say the ayat after there done...
then they say
allahu akbar 7 times
la ilaha illallah 7 times
muhammad il rasul allah 7 times
stgfarallah huwal atheem 7 times
When they say each of these, they count off each finger up to 7.

Note:
As mentioned before, saying the tashahud is on every even raka and the last rakah of each prayer.

In Maghrib:

There are 3 rakas, so on the 2nd raka, say the tashahud up until right after ashadu ana muhammad il rasull allah
and on the 3rd, say the whole entire thing.

In Isha:

There are 9 rakas, 4,2,3
the first 4, say the tashahud on 2nd and 4th ( Whole entire tashahud)
the next 2, say it on the 2nd one (Whole entire tashahud)
the last 3, say the short one on the 2nd and the entire thing on the last.

Good luck, and insha allah you master your salah and may allah guide you and barik you in everything you do.