****Today's Lesson - 3****

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Never insult Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) and his words.

One day, the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasalam) climbed to the top of Safa, a small hill close to the sacred Kaaba and called after his kinsmen, the people of Quraish. As they gathered around him, they asked him, "What was the matter?" Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wasalam) answered, "Tell me O men of Makkah if I were to inform you that I see an army on the other side of this hill, would you believe me?" "Indeed", they all answered, "for we trust you and we know you never tell a lie." "Then", Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "Know that I am a Warner and that I warn of severe punishment. God has commanded me to warn you, my nearest kin, that I can guarantee you no good on earth or in heavens."

The crowd on hearing this became dumb struck. As they stood silent and still under the heat of the sun, Abu Lahab, the prophet's uncle, finally burst out: "May you perish." They all turned their backs and dispersed leaving Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wasalam) standing alone.

As a result of saying the above words by Abu Lahab, Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) revealed Surah al-Masad. Allah (subuhaanahu wata'ala) says in its first Ayah, "Perish the hands of the Abu Lahab (Father of Flame)! Perish he!"

This is a very short Surah which is included in the first memorising Surahs in Quran by Muslims, including small small children. Now it has been 1400+ years that everyday, Muslims are praying to Perish this person. Why? Because he insulted Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) like that. I thought it was simple. In fact, it is not.

Today also many people are there who insult Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) and his teachings directly and indirectly. Beware, Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) is powerful then and now.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh