Toe Rings??

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
As salaamnu Alaykum.
I have been a new revert for just over a year. I wear toe rings and have for many years. I was told to take them off, they are unislamic. Actually it bothers my husband cos he says it means a woman is a bad woman.
Anybody have any ideas or rulings on this?

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
We are allowed to wear jewlery, toe rings are jewlery, I think your husband shouldn't just say "bad women" wear them, that's a little ignorant and assuming, and of course you being his wife this must sound a little hurtful. You should ask him why, ask for real proof, as far as I know toe rings are ok.:wasalam:

:salam2: Sister AleahKoto,

Hope u r in the best of health and emann.

As far as am aware there is no problem wearing toe-rings at home and if they are covered around non-mehram's. I really dont think they cause a problem -:shymuslima1:
Only one think when doing wudu you possible may have to take them off for the water to reach the skin.

:wasalam:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
As Salaam Alaykum Sister,

I don't understand why your husband thinks "bad women" wear toe rings.
May be the place where he is from that is the case.

In India it is very common for women to wear toe rings.

Almeftah

there isnt Ayah or hadith about toe rings, but you must not let anyone other than your husband see it or know about it..

[Noor 24:31] And command the Muslim women to keep their gaze low and to protect their chastity, and not to reveal their adornment except what is apparent, and to keep the cover wrapped over their bosoms; and not to reveal their adornment except to their own husbands or fathers or husbands’ fathers, or their sons or their husbands’ sons, or their brothers or their brothers’ sons or sisters’ sons, or women of their religion, or the bondwomen they possess, or male servants provided they do not have manliness, or such children who do not know of women’s nakedness, and not to stamp their feet on the ground in order that their hidden adornment be known; and O Muslims, all of you turn in repentance together towards Allah, in the hope of attaining success. (It is incumbent upon women to cover themselves properly.)

And Allah knows best.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Thank You

Thank you so much brothers and sisters for answering me.

It has caused a big problem, because my husband say women who wear them are bitch and to take them off. Even though we have been married a year, and he never said anything in the past.

He said that he gave me a year to figure it out, that I should have seen it on the net somewhere and now it he has to tell me to remove them. Believe me, if it was un Islamic I would have known right away.

Hurt is not the word for it, I am thinking "he has thought this all along?" I told him, a lot of cultures look at things differently, and modesty doesn't have anything to do with toe rings. (I cover when I go out)

For instance, he has one longer fingernail (pinky), in my area where I live, it means they are dopers cos they use to snort drugs. I know he doesn't, so it doesn't bother me.

He is mad because I told him it hurt me, and he said I shouldn't be hurt, that he is trying to cover me and make protection. I still don't get it. I see nothing wrong with it, yet it has caused a bad problem in my home right now.

It is such a little thing, and now I am thinking, Ok do I just take them off to keep peace in my home, or do I say no, this is me, and I see nothing wrong. It makes me wonder what the next little thing will be?

Please pray for me, cos this little thing is a big thing. And to me very control oriented and childish. I mean he can't find anything else to say is bad with me, but this?????

abdellah007

Assalam alaykum sister

i dont know where does your husband come from, but it is said here in morocco as well that a woman who wears a necklace on her foot is a bad woman, about ring toes i dont know. it might be right with the necklace in the down leg, because if a woman walking and showing it so it would attract the eyes.

wassalam

Asalamu alaikum

Asalamu alaikum. It is not about control y your husband or how you feel in your heart. Allah said in the quran not to show of your adornments in public except to your mahram and husband. So please follow Allahs command and cover your adornments. forget about everyone else wearing it and it looking nice on you. Think of the reward from Allah subhana wa ta ala inshAllah. And muslims who follow the sunnah of the prophey muhammed cut their nails and hairs every 40 days. Please follow the sunnah regarding the long pinky nail.

Question:
What is the ruling on men or women letting their nails grow long? If it is forbidden, what is the wisdom behind this prohibition?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Cutting the nails is part of the fitrah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The fitrah is five things: circumcision, removing the pubic hair, trimming the moustache, cutting the nails, and plucking the armpit hairs.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). According to another hadeeth, ten things are part of the fitrah, including cutting the nails. Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) set a time limit for us to cut our moustaches, cut our nails, pluck our armpit hairs and shave our pubic hairs: we were not to leave it any longer than forty days.” (Reported by Ahmad, Muslim and al-Nisaa’i; this version narrated by Ahmad). Whoever does not cut his nails is going against the fitrah. The reason behind this is cleanliness and hygiene, because dirt can gather under the nails. It also serves the purpose of making us different from those among the kuffaar who allow their nails to grow long, and from animals that have claws and talons. (Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/173).

Most women nowadays have fallen into the trap of resembling savage animals with their long claw-like nails, which they then paint with nail polish. This ugly appearance looks utterly repulsive to any intelligent person whose fitrah is sound. Another bad habit that many people have is to leave one nail long. All of this is clearly contrary to the ways of the fitrah. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. Allaah is the Guide to the Straight Path.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

your sister in islam

vhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbQWxHIn4Uz

ctzaly

Assalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh...

Salam to all...

I'm jus kinda attracted to reply to this post,as i am aware there is nothing wrong for women to wear jewelry as long as they covered it as mentioned by sis habiba_muslimat. Coz jewelry r meant for women only.

But the most important thing is to listen to ur husband,if he find it unpleasent for u to wear toe rings,u might want to follow his word coz INSYA ALLAH by making him apy u will b rewarded by ALLAH n there is no point in arguing about either u should wear it or not.

As long as it is not sumthing against islam its ok...but since he don approve it,it better to leave it.Its better to ave marriage based on MAWADDAH WA RAHMAH rather than aving bad marriage due to petty stuff. :shymuslima1:

Just think about it...may ALLAH forgive us n our family.:hijabi:

s 091

shouldnt muslim women keep their feet covered in the prescence of people other than their husband??? So nobody else sees it so it isnt a problem...thats what I was told anyway. Probably doesn't help you any but I hope you can find your answer off someone who does know

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

My view:
I have heard different opinions on covering women's feet, but the most 'accepted' is that we should. But more than 'opinions' I think it's about common sense (Islam is common sense) : many men(if not all) can find women's feet attractive, so....we should cover it!

I have worn a toering for years, I just make sure is not too tight, so when making wudu, the ring would not stop any water from washing the whole toe.

Allah knows best,

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato