Took Shahada a few days ago. Now what?

Imani1986

Na'imah
Assalam alaikum everyone,

I'm a 22 year old sister from South London and I just took shahada a few days ago after being a Born Again Christian for four years. No body in my family is muslim and I dont know many muslims at all.

I dont yet know how to pray. Tried to follow a step-by-step guide but found it confusing and felt a bit disheartened. Masha'Allah, I've been granted the mercy to embrace Islam and I want my life as a muslim to be pleasing to Allah but I dont know where to start.:shymuslima1:

Are there any sisters who reverted to Islam from other religeons that can share with me their advice and opinions please?

mahmodtefa

assalam alaykom sister
first of all i just want to say congratulations to embrace islam , may allah bless u and guid u .
all i can say about after u took the shehada . u should wear hejab (scarf) while u r in public and then learn how to pray

*there are 5 prayers a day 1- al fajr at the early morning 2- al dohr at the midle of the day 3- el aasr at the after noon 4- al maghreb at the sunset
5- al eshaa afew hours after the sunset

and of course learn to read the quran

i'm sure u'll learn from the site alot about islam and if u need help just ask about anything
.:salah:

gladtobeamuslim

well, i waz born muslim but heres advice
wear the hijab( scarf)
pray 5 times a day
learn to read and write arabic and then read the Quran
but at this point- if u cant read arabic u cud red the translations in ne language u want
u cud take private classes on islam
or u cud go to the masjid and listen to the sermons
also, this website and the internet cud realy help
in ramadan u should fast
and if u r eligable- i mean financially- then u hav to pray zakat
i know it might seem like a lot now but it gets easier as time goes by

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

Its Good that you've embraced Islam but what i would say is that take it easy and find out how to pray, Insha' Allah some sisters will come on and tell you some good advice.

Also try to go to a mosque and ask the Imam or some sisters there i'm sure they will be willing to help.

May Allah bless you and take care.

Boomerang

Hi sister,

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to Islam.!!!!! Welcome to the family!
I havent been a revert a month yet, so I understand where you are at......make sure you read from the Quran, and try to get your ablution and prayers right....Personally i think they are the two most important things.....
Here is a good link to prayer....this the one I have been using anyway. You will get the hang of it....http://arabic.speak7.com/prayer.htm I find the Tashahhud the hardest, but it is becoming easier......if you know a few muslims, you should be able to get help with your arabic pronunciation.....something i dont have.....but I manage.

If you need a revert to talk to I am always open to talk...

May Allah guide you and give you strength.

Peace
Your sister in Islam
kylie

revertmuslimah

Asalaamu alaykum

Aslaamu alaykum sister,
I am also a revert from UK and live in Buckinghamshire not too far from you. I would love to support and help you with anything you need. Just let me know. PM me anytime maybe we could meet up!!!!

revertmuslimah :hijabi:

a_brother

Make dua for us all

revertmuslimah

Sorry sister Imani,
just a thought, PM means private message me you can do this by rightclicking on my name and the option comes up. I would love to help you honestly and we are about the same age (i'm 24) its so hard at first but dont worry one step at a time!! Also I can introduce you to lots of sisters!!!! Inshallah!!! Mubarak (congratulations) on reverting to the deen and know just how very special and pleasing you our to Allah (swt) at the moment. I have been muslim over 1 year and 2 months and I can honestly say its the best thing I ever did. I want to do for you what my dear sisters in Islam did for me. Alhumdulillah rabbil alameen. Oh and dont worry too much the prayers in arabic become second nature very quickly!!! Just take it easy and do what you can. I can honestly say that being Muslim means you will have to go through serious trials especially as a revert but the happiness gained is so much more, such is the mercy of our Lord.

May Allah (swt) grant you mercy and peace and happiness. ameen

revertmuslimah :hijabi:

ps dont let people tell you what you must and must not do without explaining it.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister Imani1986

try not to get overwhelmed and take it step-by-step... I am happy for you sister, welcome to the family :)

nizar83

aselemu aleikum sister and welcome both this wonderfull website as to our even more wonderfull religion of islam were we worship the true and only 1 god..ALLAH ta3ala

sister you came to the right site to learn, brothers and sisters here will do anything to help you..inshallah (godwilling)

just ask if you need to know anything..you dont know what to do you mentioned..

its permissable to not pray your first days, it is best if you gain knowledge first..however im sure praying 5 times a day will help you doing just that inshallah.

just ask sister..i promise you ..YOU HAVE MADE THE BEST DECISION OF YOUR LIFE SO FAR!!!

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah Sister welcome to the truth(Islam) and TTI for the sake of Allah. Pls accept my Congrates for the courage u have showen by accepting the truth(Islam).

Sister as the sister REVERTMUSLIMA mention above u can contact her and there are many more other sisters here who will be happy to help u for the sake of Allah insha Allah and insha Allah may be some sister near to ur place also u can find here. As its ur early stage sister at first u may c things hard for u but go step by step and u will c every thing will be fine by the grace and mercy of Allah.

For a start sister if u want to know how to do ablution, pray and basic things in Islam pls have a look at the links insha Allah u will find it usful.

http://thedeenshow.com/video.php?action=listvideo&id=35

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412

Pls make duwa for sister.

Jazak Allah (may allah reward u).

sha587

Shahid abdullah
God bless you sister and welcome to Islam.

You said you are living in south London Sister did you search any nearest mosque in south london? there are many mosque if you search

This link contain full address of many mosques see if this helpfull.

http://www.nsm88.org/articles/mosques in london.html

But if you still dont know which centre you should go then PM i will find out which mosque is providing female assistance for you. You should contact to mosque they always have this kind of things.

cmelbouzaidi

Dear Sister, I reverted to Islam in Ireland some 17 years ago. When I was first learning to pray, I had picked up a little booklet at the local masjid (mosque) which was easy to have in front of me on my prayer mat until I memorized the words in Arabic later on. I think this may be easier than looking at something on the computer. Concentrate on doing the wudhu well with the intentions to make a good prayer and Allah will accept your prayers, Insha Allah, as your efforts are great and He understands this above everyone else. Even if you make some unintentional blunders at the beginning, Allah knows what is in your heart intention :) I would like to say, if you can get to the masjid to pray beside the sisters, this would help a lot, Insha Allah. Keep reading Qur'an and try to find some books of hadith to study and finally... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will never regret your decision, Sister. I can say, Alhamdulillah, my life has been soooo much better since I found Islam, it was the best decision I ever made :)

Zayna85908

Welcome sister! Do you know any small chapters of the Quran? such as Al falaq? Al nas, Al fatihah and Al Ikhlas?

You will be fine ! Learn these first then you will understand the step bny step guide

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
"Verily, Allaah loves those who put their trust in Him.” [Surah Aali ‘Imraan: 159]

Rayhana

Selam alaykom,
u re welcome dear IMANI in the world of purety, peace, love,,,

Well, the main thing to do is to take it easy. I mean learning little by little and then comes practice. As the first steps, you have to read lot about salat. before we can do salat wat we shoulde do and after we do wudu wat is then and how can i pray???? (EX : memorizing short easy surah in coran which u will do salat daily : fatiha and 112 surah)

Then comes hijab. inshalah allah be ur help and guide u to the right path inshalah

Selam
Ur sister

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'ylekum Salaam sister,

I'm a brother but I reverted about a month ago, before I was Roman Catholic. Don't worry with the praying, I am still learning too. The best thing to do is to get a really simple step by step guide and then everytime a prayer time comes round just practise, that way you're making the prayer times and learning to pray. You should go and visit you're nearest Mosque and meet some sisters there, they will be more than happy to help you out and you will without doubt make some good friends :D
I wish you all the best sister, may Allah Subhannau Wata'ala have mercy on you and make this change of lifestyle easy for you.

Peace.

AAminAA

Amatullah

Allahu Akbar ! Allahu Akbar ! Allahu Akbar !

Masha'Allah sister, thanks to Allah who guided you to the straight path, He guides whom He wants, and He doesn't guide only them who do not want guidence.

Sister you should know, everything you've done by now is erased insha'Allah, exept for the things you owe to someone. Clear that , than learn, learn learn... First thing you need to know is how to preforme Salaah. It's the most important pilar in Islam. Then, there is covering your head while in public, knowing like Hijab. Other things you'll learn but , those are two most important to start with.

Hope that you'll be here more often now. Nice meeting you and may Allah s.w.t., be Mercyful to you on the day of Judgement. Ameen !

ahmed3711

hope we can help u

salam sister

welcome inthe islamic world

i think every think got to take it step by step but if u would like to know more about how to pray u can request a cd from a site called

http://www.islamicity.com/

the cd called a to z praying & this is a link directly to the part but see all the site u will find more & more about the islam

http://www.islamicity.com/m/bazar/a...at=detail.asp&-op=eq&Part_no=04026-4810&-find

but it will coast u 19.95 $

this is the site i know

sorry for paying but if i found another site i'll tell u 4 sure

wish u the best inshalla

salamou alekoum to all