TOOTH PASTE

happy 2 b muslim

my aim wasnt to make thing complicated all i was trying to do is warn people that if it gets swollowed it can break your fast am not trying to add thing to islam he came with his evidence which i saw a arguable so i came to you guys in doubt about it to see if this is true or not or this is one of the thing that are in debating.
heres the link from shaykh husian sattar

>>>>>http://www.sacredlearning.org/classrooms/ramadan/index.htm

go down and it title says that Actions that break the fast part7

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
:salam2:

Toothpaste does not break your fast

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about using toothpaste whilst fasting. He said: there is nothing wrong with that so long as one is careful to avoid swallowing any of it, just as it is prescribed in Islam for the fasting person to use the siwaak (tooth-stick)

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 4/247

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

… This leads us to the question: Is it permissible to use a toothbrush and toothpaste whilst fasting or not?

The answer is that it is permitted, but it is preferable not to use them because the toothpaste is too strong and may go down into the throat. Instead of doing that during the day, one should do it at night.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 6/407, 408

happy 2 b muslim

OH subhanallah i didnt know that but he said it goes do to your g track and he has evidence that it breaks it visit it inshallah

allah knows best

Mujthaba

:astag: Look at the examples of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH), cleanliness is a rukun in islam, so using toothpaste to keep the teeth clean is OK. Don't be misinformed. Islam came as a remedy to all this misconceptions

Ramadan kareem to all my bros & sis.

muharram23

Staff member
who is shaykh hussain sattar :). Is he an reliable ehlussunnah wal jamah scholar ? Barakallah feek Muhammad7 for the evidence from the great schollars rahimehullah

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

We can find different opinions about this, just follow what doesn't put yourself in "doubts". Are u scared to break your fast because of the toothpaste?....don't use it then....you feel confident about that?...use it.

Islam is a simple religion, us Muslims make it complicated sometimes ;)

And Allah knows best!

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

We can find different opinions about this, just follow what doesn't put yourself in "doubts". Are u scared to break your fast because of the toothpaste?....don't use it then....you feel confident about that?...use it.

Islam is a simple religion, us Muslims make it complicated sometimes ;)

And Allah knows best!

As the Sister said, Islam is not complicated.

If you feel that you swallow toothpaste when you using it, STOP using it while fasting.

If not, use it.

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
Small contribution...

Just a small contribution to serve as a reminder to my brothers and sister... there is a hadith of the messenger of Allah (pbuh)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

"By Him in Whose Hands my soul is- the unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk."
(Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 128)

Just an interesting point to notice here, does anyone of us wish to remove the unpleasant smell that is Dearer to Allah (swt) than musk? For the sake of what people will think.

And Allah Knows Best

happy 2 b muslim

that wasnt my aim to make thing complicated all i was trying to do is warn people that if it gets swollowed it can break your fast am not trying to add thing to islam he came with his evidence which i saw a arguable so i came to you guys in doubt about it to see if this is true or not or this is one of the thing that are in debating.:girl3: