Towards Understanding KURAN KAREEMSurah 2. Al-Baqarah

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 61

(2:61)

Remember: You grumbled: "O Moses, we cannot endure one and the same sort of food. Pray your Lord to bring for us the products of the earth green herbs, vegetables, corn, garlic, onions, pulses and the like." Moses replied: "What! would you exchange that which is meaner for that which is nobler? *77 Well, go and live in a town and you will get there what you demand." By and by, they became so degraded that disgrace and humiliation, misery and wretchedness were stamped upon them and they incurred Allah's wrath. That was because they began to reject the Revelations of Allah *78 and kill His Messengers without any just cause; *79 that was the consequence of their disobedience and their persistent transgression against the Law.

---------------------------------------------------

*77. This does not mean that their real fault lay in asking for things which entailed cultivation instead of availing themselves of manna and quails which they received without any toil. What is emphasized here is that rather than being concerned with the great purpose for which they had been brought to the Sinai they relished the foods which gratified their palates to such a degree that they could not forgo them even temporarily (cf. Numbers 11: 4-9).

There are several ways...
... in which one might deny the signs of God.
First,

one might refuse to accept those teachings of God which one found contrary to one's fancies and desires.

Second,
one might know that something is from God and yet wilfully flout it.

Third,

one might know well the import of God's directives and yet distort them.

The Israelites recorded their crimes in detail in their own history. Here are just a few examples from the Bible:

(1) After the death of Solomon the state of the Israelites was split into two: the State of Judah with its capital in Jerusalem, and the State of Israel with its capital in Samaria. This was followed by a series of wars between the two States so that the State of Judah sought the assistance of the Aramacan State of Damascus against its own kinsmen. At this, Hamani the seer went under God's direction to Asa the king and rebuked him. Instead of rectifying his behaviour, Asa was so angry that he put the seer in the stocks. (See 2 Chronicles 16: 7-10.)

(2) When Elijah denounced the Jews for their worship of Baal and invited them to retun to monotheism, Ahab, the king of Israel pursued him for the sake of his pagan wife so that he had to take refuge in the mountains of the Sinai peninsula. On this occasion, according to the Bible, he said: '. . . the people of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thy altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword., and 1, even 1 only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away' (1 Kings 19: 14).

(3) The same king Ahab imprisoned another Prophet, Micah, for no other reason than that of speaking the truth. King Ahab ordered that he should be given only bread and water. (See 1 Kings 22: 26-7)

(4) When idol-worship and moral corruption became prevalent in Judah and the Prophet Zechariah raised his voice against them, he was stoned to death in the very court of the house of the Lord. (See 2 Chronicles 24: 2l.)

(5) When the Israelite State of Samaria was wiped out by the State of Jerusalem, the Prophet Jeremiah deplored the condition of the Israelites. He warned them that it was time they set about mending their ways otherwise they would face an even more calamitous end than that of Samaria. The response to this sincere preaching was abuse and curses: he was beaten, imprisoned, put in the stocks and lowered by ropes into a cistern, where he was left to die of hunger and thirst. He was also accused of various crimes, including treason and conspiracy. (See Jeremiah 15: 10; 18: 20-3; 20: 1-18; 36-40)

(6) It is reported of another Prophet, Amos, that when he denounced the widespread errors and corruption in the State of Samaria and warned of the evil consequences that follow such misdeeds, he was condemned to exile and told to pursue his prophetic task somewhere beyond its frontiers. (See Amos 7: 10-13.)

(7) When John the Baptist protested against the acts of moral corruption that were brazenly practised in his court, Herod, the ruler of Judah, first put John into prison, then had him beheaded at the request of a dancing girl, and had his head set on a platter and presented to the girl. (See Mark 6: 17-29)

(8) The same hostility to Prophets is evident from the life of Jesus. The priests and political leaders of Israel ultimately became inflamed against Jesus, who criticized them for their impiety and hypocrisy and invited them to true faith and riahteousness. It was this which piompted them to prepare a false case against him and persuade the Romans to sign a death sentence. Later, when the Roman governor, Pilate, asked them which of the two prisoners - Jesus or Barabbas, a notorious brigand - should be released on the occasion of the feast, they asked for the release of Barabbas and for the crucifixion of Jesus (Matthew 27: 20-6). This is a shameful chapter in the record of the Jewish nation, to which the Qur'an refers here in passing. It is evident that when a nation chooses its most notoriously criminal and wicked people for positions of leadership, and its righteous and holy men for gaol and the scaffold, God has no alternative but to lay His curse and damnation on that nation.

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 62

(2:62) Rest assured that whosoever from among the Muslims or the Jews or the Christians or the Sabaeans believes in Allah and the Last Day, and performs good deeds, he will have his reward with his Lord and he will have no cause for fear and grief. *80

-------------------------------------------------------

The context of the verse makes it clear that it is not attempting to enumerate in detail all the articles of faith in which one should believe, or all the principles of conduct which one should follow in order to merit reward from God. These matters are mentioned elsewhere, in their appropriate places. The aim of the verse is merely to repudiate the illusion cherished by the Jews that, by virtue of their being Jews, they have a monopoly of salvation. They had long entertained the notion that a special and exclusive relationship existed between them and God. They thought, therefore, that all who belonged to their group were predestined to salvation regardless of their beliefs and actions,. whereas all non-Jews were predestined to serve as fodder for hell-fire.
To clarify this misgiving the Jews are told that what really matters in the sight of God is true faith and good deeds rather than formal affiliation with a certain religious community. Whoever has true faith and good deeds to his credit is bound to receive his reward, since God will judge people on the basis of merit rather than on the grounds that a man's name happens to be listed in the world as a member of one religious community or the other.

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 63-64

(2:63-64) Call to mind the time when We raised above you the Tur and made a covenant with you, *81 saying, "Hold fast to the Book which We are giving you and bear in mind the commands and precepts contained therein. It is expected that this will lead you on to the paths of virtue and piety." But even after that you forsook the Covenant: nevertheless Allah did not withhold His grace and mercy from you; otherwise you would have been utterly ruined long before this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From the manner in which this incident is described at various places in the Qur'an it is obvious that, at that time, it was quite well known to the Israelites. It is difficult, however, after the Passage of many centuries to be able to speak with certaintainty about the precise nature of the incident. All we can say is that while the Children of israeI were making their covenant in the shadow of Mount Sinai, they witnessed an aweseme phenomenon and felt as if the mountain was about to fall upon them. Verse 171 of Surah al-A'raf seems to portray this. (See also n. 132 in that surah.)

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 65-66

(2:65-66) And you know well the story of those among you who broke Sabbath. *82 We said to them, "Be apes *83 despised and hated by all. Thus We made their end a warning to the people of their time and succeeding generations, and an admonition for God-fearing people

------------------------------------------------------

Sabbath, i.e., Saturday . It was laid down that the Israelite should consecrate that day for rest and worship. They were required to from abstain from all worldly acts, including cooking (which they might neither do themselves, nor have their servants do for them). The injunctions, in this connection were so strict that violation of the Sabath was to be punished with death. (See Exodus 31:12-17. )
When religious and moral decadence, however, spread among the Israelites they indulged in open desecration of the Sabbath, so much so that in jewish towns trade and commerce were carried out in broad daylight.

------------------------------------

*83. The details of this incident are mentioned later in Surah 7, vv. 163 ff. The exact manner in which their transformation into apes took place is disputed. Some scholars are of the opinion that the transformation was a physical one, while others hold that they were invested with the attributes characteristic of apes. But both the words and the manner in which this incident is recounted in the Qur'ain seem to suggest that what took place was a physical transformation of certain persons into apes rather than just a moral metamorphosis. What seems plausible to me is that while their minds were allowed to remain intact, their bodies were changed into those of apes.

Tomtom

Banned
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother Tomtom..please..please...let us remember who we are..we are Muslims..I have not read every post...I was glancing over the posts and I came across your post...

In the US the word queer is very rude. It implies that one is a homosexual. I will not tolerate this. I am the old one here. The administration of TTI have been kind to me. Please brother, let us show the best of manners.

You have sense and it would be prudent to apologize and move on.

queer   [kweer] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, verb, noun
adjective
strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.
of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.
not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.
mentally unbalanced or deranged.
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
a.
homosexual.
b.
effeminate; unmanly.
EXPAND
verb (used with object)
to spoil; ruin.
to put (a person) in a hopeless or disadvantageous situation as to success, favor, etc.
to jeopardize.

I was referring to the brother as no.1.

I've also noticed that you like to jump down people's throats for the simplest of reasons. If you are old as you say you are please use wisdom too.

As'alaamu Alaikkum.

kalamazoo

queer   [kweer] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, verb, noun
adjective
strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.
of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady: Something queer about the language of the prospectus kept investors away.
not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish: to feel queer.
mentally unbalanced or deranged.
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
a.
homosexual.
b.
effeminate; unmanly.
EXPAND
verb (used with object)
to spoil; ruin.
to put (a person) in a hopeless or disadvantageous situation as to success, favor, etc.
to jeopardize.

I was referring to the brother as no.1.

I've also noticed that you like to jump down people's throats for the simplest of reasons. If you are old as you say you are please use wisdom too.

As'alaamu Alaikkum.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WA ALEYKUM SALAAM

It could be You WERE referring to BOTH,

Your last comments refer "Looking forward to more criticicsm"

a
n
d.....

Originally Posted by Aapa View Post
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother Tomtom..please..please...let us remember who we are..we are Muslims..I have not read every post...I was glancing over the posts and I came across your post...

In the US the word queer is very rude. It implies that one is a homosexual. I will not tolerate this. I am the old one here. The administration of TTI have been kind to me. Please brother, let us show the best of manners.

You have sense and it would be prudent to apologize and move o

>>>>>with no question i will love to address her as an AMEERAof this Turn to Islam Forum even though our AMEER of this forum is honorable Adminstrator DITTA, and Yet both they have the responsible which we All Ummat Muhammad (S.A.W) are suppose to.

KUNTUM KHEIRAT UMMAH TAAMURUNA BIL MAARUUF WA TANHAWNA ALAA MUNKAR......
however that in two colors as a community and now not only male but female too....Ameera ::Bil maaruf...........A BEACON
MALE AMEER.............................A BEACON

I SENTENCED AS BEACON, even though we usually say
"AMEER; Muuminuum

Amir.....a leader..that is why Amir Muuminuun
Amira al muuminaat inthe sense TAAMURUNA BIL MAARUF WA TUNHAWNA ALA MUNKAR

and too AMEERA ...MUUMinaat...and we all know the wifes of our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (S.A.A) the difference Female can not be Imam, but they have big share, KHEIRAT UMMAT.

so; i personal feel great thing she did (it was i whom i sent message(as we are old)and requested from her to write)

so i am repeating here words to you:

"You have sense and it would be prudent to apologize and move on"

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum

I feel I have nothing to apologise about as it was said in jest and I didn't mean that you were a homosexual when I called you queer, I don't know you that well.

Mrs. Aapaa on the other hand is a tyrant I feel, jumping down on people's throats when they make innocent comments....Islam is not like how the Taliban practised it, it is not a dictatorship. Surely people can be light hearted in Islam?

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 67 TO 71

(2:67-71) Then call to mind the other event: when Moses said to his people, "Allah commands you to sacrifice a cow," they replied, "Do you mean to have a jest with us?" He answered, "I crave Allah's protection from behaving like ignorant people." Then they said, "Please make a request to your Lord to give us some details of the cow." Moses answered, "Allah says that the cow should neither be old nor immature but of middle age. Do, therefore, as you are bidden." But they further asked, "Please request your Lord to make it clear to us of what colour she should be." Moses answered, "He says that she should be of yellow colour, so deep and bright as to delight the beholders."Again they said, "Pray your Lord to specify for us the kind of cow that is required; for cows (of this type) look alike to us. We shall then find her, if God so wills." Moses answered, "Allah says that she should be a cow which has not been yoked nor has ploughed the land nor watered the fields; which is sound and whole, without belemish. " Then they cried out, "Now you have given an accurate description. " Then they sacrificed her but they did not appear to be doing this willingly. *84

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*84. Through contact with neighboring peoples, the Israelites had become infested with the attitude of sanctifying the cow, in fact they had even become accustomed to cow-worship.

In order to disabuse the Jews of this, they were ordered to slaughter the cow. Their professed belief that God alone was worthy of worship could be tested only by making them slaughter with their own hands what they had formerly worshipped.

This test was indeed a hard one since their hearts were not fully imbued with faith. Hence, they tried to shelve the issue by resorting to enquiries about the kind of animal they were required to slaughter. But the more they enquired, the narrower the strait became for them, until the indications were as obvious as if someone had put his finger precisely on the particular animal they were required to slaughter - the animal which had for so long been an object of their worship.

The Old Testament also mentions the incident, but there is no reference to the manner in which the Jews tried to evade the matter.
(See Numbers 19: 1-10.)

kalamazoo

As'alaamu Alaikkum

I feel I have nothing to apologise about as it was said in jest and I didn't mean that you were a homosexual when I called you queer, I don't know you that well.

Mrs. Aapaa on the other hand is a tyrant I feel, jumping down on people's throats when they make innocent comments....Islam is not like how the Taliban practised it, it is not a dictatorship. Surely people can be light hearted in Islam?

WA ALEYKUM SALAAM

I think you dont have friend here on forum.

she is(as we are old) and my English is limited that is why

I HAVE REQUESTED HER.....(AFTER I FELT the wordings)
now I hope it IS CLEAR THAT I HAVE REQUESTED HER.

now your abusing words proves as
WHAT YOU ARE.
....:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::............................

قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ ﴿112:1﴾ اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ ﴿112:2﴾ لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ ﴿112:3﴾ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ ﴿112:4

قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ ﴿114:1﴾ مَلِكِ النَّاسِ ﴿114:2﴾ إِلَهِ النَّاسِ ﴿114:3﴾ مِنْ شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ الْخَنَّاسِ ﴿114:4﴾ الَّذِي يُوَسْوِسُ فِي صُدُورِ النَّاسِ ﴿114:5﴾ مِنَ الْجِنَّةِ وَالنَّاسِ ﴿114:6﴾

قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ ﴿113:1﴾ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ ﴿113:2﴾ وَمِنْ شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ ﴿113:3﴾ وَمِنْ شَرِّ النَّفَّاثَاتِ فِي الْعُقَدِ ﴿113:4﴾ وَمِنْ شَرِّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ ﴿113:5

kalamazoo

Surah 2. Al-Baqarah:verse72-74

(2:72-74) You should also recall to mind another incident: You slew a man and began to dispute about the murder and accuse one another of it, but Allah had decreed that what you were trying to hide should be disclosed. So We commanded, "Strike the corpse of the murdered man with a part of the sacrificed cow. See how Allah brings the dead to life and shows you His Signs, so that you may understand". *85But even after seeing these Signs your hearts hardened and became as hard as rocks; nay, even harder than rocks. For there are some rocks out of which springs gush forth, and others which split open, and water issues out of them; then there are some which tumble down for fear of Allah. And Allah is not unaware of what you are doing.

*85. At least one thing becomes clear from this statement: that the slain person was restored to life at least long enough to indicate his assassins. But the actual words in which the order
'smite the corpse with a part of it' is couche tend to create a measure of ambiguity. Nevertheless, the meaning inferred by the early Qur'anic commentators - that the order was to smite the slain man's body with some part of the slaughtered cow - seems to me plausible.
Two birds were thus killed with one stone:
first, they were made to behold a sign of God's power; and second, the notion that the cow possessed any holiness or sanctity was shattered.

For if the of the object of their worship - the cow - had any supernatural power, some calamity should have visited them as a consequence of slaughtering it. But no calamity took place.

On the contrary, killing the cow seemed to be beneficial insofar as striking a dead man with a part of it brought him back to life.

kalamazoo

About Tomtom

Religion/Belief
Islam
Biography
A 46 year old man who never understood women. LOL. Has three children alhamdulilah.
Interests
Never been a hobbier, just used to wander through life. Now committed to learning more about Islam.
::::::::::::::
You said It, let us see for how as per your commitment of learnig

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 75 to 82

(2:75-82) O Muslims, do you then expect that these people will accept your invitation and become believers? *86 whereas there have always been among them some who have been hearing the Word of God, understanding it well and then perverting and tampering with it knowingly. *87When they meet those who believe in Muhammad, they say, "We also believe in him." But when they meet one another in private, they say, "Have you got no sense that you disclose to them those things which Allah has revealed to you so that they might bring them as a proof against you before your Lord? *88Do they really not know that Allah is fully aware of what they hide and what they disclose? Then there are among them some un-lettered people who have no knowledge of the Book but depend upon empty hopes and are guided by mere conjecture and guess-work. *89So woe to their learned people, who write the law with their own hands and then say to the people, "This is from Allah," so that they might gain some paltry worldly end. *90 (They do not see that) this writing of their hands will bring woe to them and what they gain thereby will lead to their ruin. They also say, "The fire of Hell is not going to touch us, and even if it does at all, it will be only for a few days". *91 Say, "Have you obtained a promise from Allah which He would not break? Or, do you attribute to Allah things you do not know? Why will not the fire of Hell touch you? Whoever earns evil and becomes engrossed in sin shall be doomed to Hell and abide therein for ever. Only those people who believe and do good deeds, will be the dwellers of the Garden and live there for ever.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This is addressed to the converts of Madina, who had then lately embraced the faith of the Arabian Prophet. These people had some vague notions about Prophethood, Heavenly Scriptures, Angels, the After-life, Divine Law and so on, and for this they were indebted to their Jewish neighbours.

It was from these same Jewish neighbours that they had heard that another Prophet was about to appear, and that his followers would prevail over the rest of the world.

It was partly because of this background that when the people of Madina heard about the Prophet, they readily turned towards him and embraced Islam in large numbers. They naturally expected that those who already followed Prophets and Divine Scriptures, and who, by introducing them to these ideas had contributed to their embracing the true faith, would not only join the ranks of the true believers, but would even be amongst their vanguard. As a result of these expectations the enthusiastic Muslim converts approached their Jewish friends and neighbours and invited them to embrace Islam. When the Jews flatly declined to do so, this negative reply was exploited by the hypocrites and other enemies of Islam as an argument for creating doubts about the truth of Islam.

If Muhammad was the true Prophet, they argued, how was it conceivable that the Jewish scholars and divines would deliberately turn away from him since, if he was a true Prophet, such a behaviour would be tantamount to ruining their After-life?

Here the simple-hearted Muslims learn of the historical record of the Jews, a record which is replete with perversion and corruption.

This was designed to make them realize that they ought not to expect too much of a people with so dark a past, for if they were not realistic in their expectations about them they would be utterly disappointed when their call failed to penetrate their hardened and stony hearts.

Their chronic decadence had a history of several centuries. For a long time they had treated those verses of the Scriptures which made sincere believers tremble in awe as objects of jest and play.

They had tailored religion to suit their base desires and it was around such a perverted view of religion that all their hopes of salvation were centred.

It was futile to hope that such people would flock to the call of Truth the moment it was proclaimed.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

'A party of them' refers to the scholars and religious doctors of the Jewish community.

The'Word of God' here signifies the Torah, the Psalms (Zabur) and other Scriptures which the Jews had received through the Prophets.

'Distortion'
denotes the attempt to twist a text in such a manner as to make it signify something different from its real meaning, and may also denote tampering with the text of the Scriptures.

The Israelite scholars had subjected the Scriptures to distortions of both kinds.

-----------------------------

*88. When the Jews talked among themselves they asked their co-religionists to disclose to the Muslims neither the prophesies about the Prophet, nor those verses of the Scriptures on the basis of which they could be reproached for their evil conduct; they thought that the Muslims would make use of scriptural arguments against them before God, and would thus have them pronounced guilty. These were the depths to which Jewish relivious decadence had sunk.

They were convinced that if they could succeed in concealing their guilt in this world, they would be saved from censure in the Next. For this reason they were asked if they considered God to be unaware of their deeds, either apparent or hidden.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*89. This was the state of the Jewish masses. They were ignorant of the Scriptures, unaware of the principles of faith as enunciated by God in His Book, unaware of the rules of conduct that He had laid down, and of the teachings which are of fundamental importance for man's salvation. Because they lacked this knowledge, they fabricated a whole religion out of their desires and fancies, living in a paradise built on false hopes and illusions.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*90. These observations relate to their rabbis. They were not content with misinterpreting the Word of God. They also interjected into it their readings of the Scriptures and their explanatory comments thereof, stories from their national history, superstitious ideas and fancies, philosophical doctrines and legal rules.

The result was that the Divine and the human became inextricably mixed. They claimed, nevertheless, that the entire thing was divine! Every historical anecdote, the interpretation of every commentator, the doctrine of every theologian, and the legal deduction of every jurist that managed to find its way into the Bible became the 'Word of God'.

It was thus obligatory to believe in all that, and every deviation from it became tantamount to deviation from the true faith.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*91. This is a misconception entertained by all Jews, laymen as well as rabbis. They felt sure that no matter what they did, they would remain immune from hell-fire just by virtue of being Jews! The worst they could conceive of was the possibility of a transient punishment before they were transported to heaven.

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 83

(2:83)

Remember that We made a solemn covenant with the children of Israel to this effect: worship none save Allah: be good to your parents, to your relatives, to the orphans and to the helpless; speak aright with the people: establish the Salat and pay the Zakat. But with the exception of a few, you all slid back from it and are paying no heed to it even now.

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 84-86

(2:84-86)

Remember also that We made another solemn covenant with you:
you shall not shed blood among yourselves nor expel one another from your homes. And you confirmed it and you are a witness to it.
But inspite of this, you are killing your brethren and driving them out from their homes and making unjust and aggressive alliances against one another. And when they come to you as captives, you trade on their ransoms whereas their expulsion itself was unlawful for you. Do you then believe in one part of the Scriptures and disbelieve in the other? *92 What other punishment do such people from among you deserve except an ignominious life in this world and the most grievous doom on the Day of Resurrection? Allah is not unaware of what you are doing. These are the people who have preferred the worldly life to the life in the Hereafter. Therefore their torment shall not be lightened nor shall help be given to them (from any quarter).

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Before the advent of the Prophet (peace be on him) the Jewish tribes who lived on the outskirts of Madina had concluded an alliance with the Arab tribes of Aws and Khazraj.

When the Arab tribes fought against one another~~ each Jewish tribe fought on the side of its allies,~~ which led to fratricide and so to a flagrant violation of the Book of God.

Moreover, when the war ended the captives were ransomed. This ransom was justified on the basis of scriptural arguments;
they extolled the Word of God when it permitted the ransom of prisoners of war, but attached no significance at all to the same Word of God when it prohibited mutual feuding.

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse 87 TO 9O

(2:87-90) And We gave Moses the Book and sent after him a train of Messengers in succession. Then We sent Jesus, son of Mary, with clear Signs and supported him with the Holy Spirit. *93 Then how is it that whenever a Messenger came to you wish that which did not suit your lusts, you grew rebellious against him, and repudiated some and slew others. They say, "Our hearts are secure." *94 Nay, the fact is that Allah has cursed them for their disbelief; so they are little disposed to believe. And how are they behaving now towards a Book which has come to them from Allah? Inspite of the fact that it confirms the Scriptures which they already possessed. and, inspite of the fact that, before it came, they used to pray for a signal victory over the disbelievers, they rejected it when it came, although they recognized it. *95 May Allah's curse be upon such disbelievers! What a mean thing it is with which they delude their minds. *96 They reject the Guidance which Allah has sent down merely because of their grudge why Allah has in His bounty sent it to whom He chose from amongst His servants. *97 They have thus incurred wrath after wrath, and for such disbelievers there is a disgraceful doom.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*93. The 'spirit of holiness' signifies the knowledge derived through revelation. It also signifies the angel Gabriel who brought this revelation.

It also denotes the holy spirit of Jesus, the spirit which God had endowed with angelic character.

The expression 'clear proofs' refers to those signs which are likely to convince a truth-seeking and truth-loving person that Jesus is a Prophet of God.

---------------------------------------

*94. They said, in effect, that they were so staunch in their beliefs that their convictions would remain unaffected regardless of what was said. Such a claim is the hallmark of those bigots whose minds are seized by irrational prejudice.

Nothing can be~~~
~~~ a matter of greater shame for human beings than the so-called firmness of conviction which they often boast of. What can be more foolish than adherence to inherited beliefs and convictions when their falseness is established by overwhelmingly strong arguments?

--------------------------------

*95. Before the advent of the Prophet, the Jews were eagerly awaiting a Prophet whose coming had been prophesied by their own Prophets. In fact, the Jews used to pray for his advent so that the dominance of the unbelievers could come to an end and the age of their own dominance he ushered in.
The people of Madina were witnesses to the fact that these same Jewish neighbours of theirs had yearned for the advent of such a Prophet. They often used to say:

'People may oppress us today as they wish, but when our awaited Prophet comes, we will settle our scores with our oppressors.'

Since the people of Madina had themselves heard such statements they were inclined to embrace the religion of the Prophet all the more readily lest their Jewist neighbours supersede them in acquiring this honour. It was therefore astonishing for them to find that when the promised Prophet did appear those same Jews who had so eagerly looked forward to welcoming him turned into his greatest enemies.

The statement 'and they recognized it' is confirmed by several contemporaneous events.

The most authentic evidence in this connection is that of Safiyah, a wife of the Prophet, who was herself the daughter of one learned Jewish scholar (Huyayy b. Akhtab) and the niece of another (Abu Yasir). She says that when the Prophet migrated to Madina both her father and uncle went to meet him and conversed with him for quite a while. When they returned home, she heard the following conversation:

Uncle:Is he really the same Prophet whose advent has been prophesied in our Scriptures?

Father: By God, he is.

Uncle: Do you believe that?

Father: Yes..

Uncle. Then what do you intend to do?

Father: I will continue to oppose him and will not let his claim prevail as long as I live.

(Ibn Hishim, Sirah, eds.,
Mustafa al-Saqqa' et al., 2 vols., II edition, Cairo, 137511955, see vol. 1, pp. 518 f. See also Ibn IshAq, The Life of Muhammad, tr. and notes by A. Guillaume, London, Oxford University Press, 1955, pp. 241 f. - Ed.)

--------------------------------

*96. Another possible rendering of the same verse is:

'And how evil is that for the sake of which they have sold themselves', i.e. for the sake of which they have sacrificed their ultimate happiness and salvation.

They had longed for the promised Prophet to arise from among their own people. But when he arose among a diffirent people, a people they despised, they decided to reject him.

It was as if they thought God was duty-bound to consult them in appointing Prophets, and since in this case He had failed to do so they felt they had a right to be offended by God's 'arbitrariness'.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
(2:72-74) You should also recall to mind another incident: You slew a man and began to dispute about the murder and accuse one another of it, but Allah had decreed that what you were trying to hide should be disclosed. So We commanded, "Strike the corpse of the murdered man with a part of the sacrificed cow. See how Allah brings the dead to life and shows you His Signs, so that you may understand". *85But even after seeing these Signs your hearts hardened and became as hard as rocks; nay, even harder than rocks. For there are some rocks out of which springs gush forth, and others which split open, and water issues out of them; then there are some which tumble down for fear of Allah. And Allah is not unaware of what you are doing.

*85. At least one thing becomes clear from this statement: that the slain person was restored to life at least long enough to indicate his assassins. But the actual words in which the order
'smite the corpse with a part of it' is couche tend to create a measure of ambiguity. Nevertheless, the meaning inferred by the early Qur'anic commentators - that the order was to smite the slain man's body with some part of the slaughtered cow - seems to me plausible.
Two birds were thus killed with one stone:
first, they were made to behold a sign of God's power; and second, the notion that the cow possessed any holiness or sanctity was shattered.

For if the of the object of their worship - the cow - had any supernatural power, some calamity should have visited them as a consequence of slaughtering it. But no calamity took place.

On the contrary, killing the cow seemed to be beneficial insofar as striking a dead man with a part of it brought him back to life.

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Regarding these versets, i founded this explanation also and i think is good also, if you can share opinions on this, inchallah:

Many miraculous features of the Qur’an prove it is the word of Allah. Facts are revealed in the verses through the scientific facts, the descriptions of the past and the mathematical codes, that could never have been known to anyone at the time. In addition, developments that could never have been learned with the level of knowledge and technology of the time were also indicated in the verses of the Qur’an before the event. The fact that some scientific facts we only attained with 20th and 21st-century technology were revealed in the Qur’an 1400 years ago is clear evidence that the Qur’an cannot be the work of any human being.
One of the verses that may be referring to the future is verse 73 of Surat al-Baqara:

Remember when you killed someone and violently accused each other of it, and Allah brought out what you were hiding. We said, ‘Hit him with part of it!’ In that way Allah gives life to the dead and He shows you His Signs so that hopefully you will understand. (Surat al-Baqara, 72-73)

Among the meanings of the Arabic term “biba’diha,” translated as “with part of it” in the above verse, is “someone or some people.” In the context of that meaning, the verse may be a reference to heart massage, striking the chest from above, which makes it possible to restart the heart if it has stopped beating. (Allah knows the truth.)

The person to whom the massage is administered has the characteristics of a dead body; loss of consciousness, and the cessation of respiration and heartbeat. With our present-day knowledge, heart massage can be applied to someone whose heart has stopped, enabling heartbeat and vital functions to resume. Pressure is applied to the rib cage at specific intervals during heart massage, and the rhythmic contraction required for it to continue pumping blood is thus established.

In that context, the striking of a dead body in such a way as to restore it to life, as stated in the verse, may be suggestive of the heart massage technique. The Qur’an is the word of Almighty Allah, He Who creates all things from nothing, Whose knowledge enfolds all things, and Who is unfettered by time and space. Every verse of the Qur’an therefore contains information revealed with the wisdom of our Almighty Lord. In one verse, Allah refers to the Qur’an itself as follows:

... Will they not ponder the Qur’an? If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it. (Surat an-Nisa’, 82)
from http://miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_102.html

:salam2:

kalamazoo

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Regarding these versets, i founded this explanation also and i think is good also, if you can share opinions on this, inchallah:

Many miraculous features of the Qur’an prove it is the word of Allah. Facts are revealed in the verses through the scientific facts, the descriptions of the past and the mathematical codes, that could never have been known to anyone at the time. In addition, developments that could never have been learned with the level of knowledge and technology of the time were also indicated in the verses of the Qur’an before the event. The fact that some scientific facts we only attained with 20th and 21st-century technology were revealed in the Qur’an 1400 years ago is clear evidence that the Qur’an cannot be the work of any human being.
One of the verses that may be referring to the future is verse 73 of Surat al-Baqara:

Remember when you killed someone and violently accused each other of it, and Allah brought out what you were hiding. We said, ‘Hit him with part of it!’ In that way Allah gives life to the dead and He shows you His Signs so that hopefully you will understand. (Surat al-Baqara, 72-73)

Among the meanings of the Arabic term “biba’diha,” translated as “with part of it” in the above verse, is “someone or some people.” In the context of that meaning, the verse may be a reference to heart massage, striking the chest from above, which makes it possible to restart the heart if it has stopped beating. (Allah knows the truth.)

The person to whom the massage is administered has the characteristics of a dead body; loss of consciousness, and the cessation of respiration and heartbeat. With our present-day knowledge, heart massage can be applied to someone whose heart has stopped, enabling heartbeat and vital functions to resume. Pressure is applied to the rib cage at specific intervals during heart massage, and the rhythmic contraction required for it to continue pumping blood is thus established.

In that context, the striking of a dead body in such a way as to restore it to life, as stated in the verse, may be suggestive of the heart massage technique. The Qur’an is the word of Almighty Allah, He Who creates all things from nothing, Whose knowledge enfolds all things, and Who is unfettered by time and space. Every verse of the Qur’an therefore contains information revealed with the wisdom of our Almighty Lord. In one verse, Allah refers to the Qur’an itself as follows:

... Will they not ponder the Qur’an? If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it. (Surat an-Nisa’, 82)
from http://miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_102.html

:salam2:

==============================

wa aleykum salaam wa Rahmatuhu.

please see this:-

(17:1) Glory be to Him, Who transported His Servant one night from the Masjid-i-Haram to the distant Temple, whose surroundings We have blessed, so that we might show him some of Our Sings: the fact is that He alone is All-Hearing and All-Seeing.

(17:2) Before this We had given the Book to Moses and made it a means of guidance for the Israelites with this Command: "Do not make .any other guardian than Myself.

;;;;;;Now those in red, i have come with explanation, But to those i have tried to pour my thinking "ignored' though i brought evidence concerning the very verses; as per the "ahadith"...as Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) went to distance heavens by "buraak"...not only that i remember there were images of that horse (female face) i downloaded and showed to them-and explain my ideas as..
.....{that it is OK for those days while the MOST IMPORTANT HE IS A PROPHET, and to what was my points WERE...a, b, and c plus; but the...
(a)One..why not

"AS BARK"(Lightning)~~~~~~~~~~while we at present age no need to say as the achievement S Peaks loudER...why not Him he WAS sent by the speed of the LIGHT?
but it went INTO empty ears<<<THYE KEEEP ON INsisting By Horse like, animal unusual etc>>>.

So i think THAT WEBSITE may be they will at least listen...and then....feed me with/THEIR viewpoints..

once again thank you.

kalamazoo

Chapter : 2. Al-Baqarah verse91 TO 93

(2:9-93) When it is said to them, "Believe in that which Allah has sent down," they say, "We believe only in that which has been sent to us", and reject everything else, though it is the Truth and confirms what is with them. Well, ask them, "If you sincerely believed in what was sent down to you, why did you kill the Messengers of Allah (who were sent to you from amongst yourselves)?
(More than that:) Moses came to you with clear Signs, yet no sooner was he away from you than you transgressed and took the calf for worship. Recall also to mind the Covenant We made with you while We raised the Tur over you: `Follow strictly the precepts We are giving you and give ear to Our Commandments.' Your forefathers replied, "We have heard but we will not obey." They were so prone to unbelief that they cherished the calf in their hearts. Tell them (O Muhammad). "If indeed you are believers, yours is a strange Faith that enjoins you to do such evil things."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::