TREE removed from man's lung

muselman

:salam2:

A five centimetre section of fir tree has been removed from a man's lung, Russian surgeons claim.

Doctors were investigating a suspected tumour in Artyom Sidorkin's lung, when they were surprised by a very different kind of trouble.

Surgeon Vladimir Kamashev said he was astonished, but botanist Olga Baranova was sceptical. Juliet Dunlop reports.

Video- Contains some graphic images[/SIZE]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8000745.stm

:wasalam:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
:salam2:

A five centimetre section of fir tree has been removed from a man's lung, Russian surgeons claim.

Doctors were investigating a suspected tumour in Artyom Sidorkin's lung, when they were surprised by a very different kind of trouble.

Surgeon Vladimir Kamashev said he was astonished, but botanist Olga Baranova was sceptical. Juliet Dunlop reports.

Video- Contains some graphic images[/SIZE]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8000745.stm

oh! ya , oh! ya, i did see it in the news ... the doctors operated him for cancer but could not see tumar , but tree , by eating water melon seeds..... (may allah protect us all from such problems_ ameen)

ShyHijabi

This is not a tree growing in a lung. This is a piece of tree found in a lung due to accidental aspiration or penetrating trauma. (the article doesn't specify but the picture is clear) You CANNOT swallow a seed (not of tree, watermelon, etc) and it result in a plant growing in your lung. That is a hoax and frankly ridiculous.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
This is not a tree growing in a lung. This is a piece of tree found in a lung due to accidental aspiration or penetrating trauma. (the article doesn't specify but the picture is clear) You CANNOT swallow a seed (not of tree, watermelon, etc) and it result in a plant growing in your lung. That is a hoax and frankly ridiculous.

I was just going to ask if that's maybe the case..but I guess it's clear now