Trials and Tribulations, why we suffer?

azir111

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

All praise and thanks is to Allah swt and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the last and final prophet Muhammad saws, his family, and companions

Trials and Tribulations, why we suffer

My dear brothers and sisters, I understand how you feel. I understand the pain that goes through your body and soul. I understand the hardship that you’re suffering, because I myself suffer for years. There was a time when I was asking WHY oh WHY this is happening to me is? Yes I’ve done some bad things but they are nothing compared to the evil criminals plus I repent day and night for the sins that I’ve done with tears in my eyes. I lost my health but others who are doing nothing to earn the pleasure of Allah are happy and healthy. So WHY and WHY me? I was for years angry and sad for what was happening to me. Until I understood how Allah was but very Merciful with me. I didn’t knew what exactly the secret is while suffering. One day I realized that this is a huge test.

Allah swt says in the Quran:

And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirun (the patient),( Holly Quran 2:155)

However I was asking now why Allah swt tests the one who love Him and try their best to earn His pleasure. WHY Allah is doing this test watching me suffer?

The answer was here, in these verses from the Quran:

“Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the kingdom, and He is Able to do all things. The One Who has created death and life in order to test you and see which of you is best in deed, and He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.” (Holly Quran 67:1-2)

“Allah will not leave the believers in the state in which you are now until He distinguishes the wicked from the good.” (Holly Quran 3:179)

For all there will be degrees (or ranks) according to what they did. And your Lord is not unaware of what they do. (Holly Quran 6:132)

“And when some hurt touches man, he cries to his Lord (Allâh Alone), turning to Him in repentance…” (Holly Quran 39:8)

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
(Holly Qur'an 94:5-6)

So Allah swt is testing us so that He can distinguish the righteous from the hypocrites and wicked ones. They will be in degrees in paradise according to the deeds they did. The mercy of Allah swt is bigger than we can even imagine. The test is done so that He can prove who is the righteous and who is not, because we have a sworn enemy(shaytan) who wants all mankind to go to hell:

Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire. (Holly Quran 35:6)

So this is why we need proof against him in judgment day but REMEMBER the test will NEVER last forever, as long as we put our trust to Allah swt and work righteousness with complete pure heart. Allah swt promises in the Quran to give us a good life in this world and in hereafter Paradise under one condition; to believe in Him and work righteousness:

Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islâmic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).(Holly Quran 16:97)

So know that:

“And if Allâh touches you with harm, none can remove it but He, and if He touches you with good, then He is Able to do all things…” (Holly Quran 6:17)

Allah swt explains His signs and wisdom to the people with open mind, who search knowledge and act upon the knowledge they gain:

Say: "Are those who know equal to those who know not?" It is only men of understanding who will remember (i.e. get a lesson from Allâh's Signs and Verses). ( Holly Quran 39:9)

Please brothers and sisters have patience, sabr (patience) is one of the most important things in Islam, and the strongest person is the one with sabr:

"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allah."(16:127)

"No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune."(Holly Quran 41:35)

My brothers and sisters, please do not be sad, Allah swt says:

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (Holly Quran 39 :53)

Call Allah swt, say:

“Affliction has befallen me: but You are the most merciful of the merciful!” (Quran 21:83)

And [it is] so that those who have been given knowledge will know it is the truth from their Lord and believe in it and their hearts will be humbled to Him. Allah guides those who believe to a straight path. (Surat al-Hajj, 54)

Allah’s swt mercy is huge, Muhammad saws has said:

“No fatigue, nor disease, nor anxiety, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

“He whom “A Muslim, male or female, continues to remain under trial in respect of his life, property, and offspring until he faces Allah, the Exalted, with no sin record”(At-Tirmidhi).

Allah intends good, He makes him to suffer from some affliction” (Al-Bukhari)

“A strong believer is better and dearer to Allah than a weak one, and both are good. Adhere to that which is beneficial for you. Keep asking Allah for help and do not refrain from it. (If you are afflicted in any way), do not say: ‘If I had taken this or that step, it would have resulted into such and such,’ but say only: ‘Allah so determined and did as He willed.’ The word ‘if’ opens the gates of satanic (thoughts)”(Muslim).

In a hadith Qudsi Allah says:

“Indeed, My mercy supersedes my punishment.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Saheeh Muslim)

Be sure Allah swt will never test us more than we can bear:

“Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope.” (Holly Quran 2:286)

Allah swt is not punishing us, but He tests us for the following reasons:

1 – To erase our sins, so much so that we will be without sin on Judgment day.

2 – So that He can raise us to the highest level that we deserve, inshAllah to the highest Paradise (Janatul Firdous).

3 – To purify our soul and strengthen our Iman.

4 – To help us control our nafs (the self).

5 – To teach us how to be one of the patient.

6 – To prove to us that He indeed is independent but we depend from Him swt.

7 – To learn that there is none worthy of worship Except Allah swt and to Him we will return in Judgment day.

8 – To become wiser and to be aware of the Power of Allah and His Mercy.

9 – To distinguish the righteous from the wicked ones.

10 – To bless us in this world and hereafter.

Do not despair of the mercy of Allah swt, everything happens for a reason, the secret to win against these trials and tribulations is to:

1 – Be patient

2 – Trust Allah swt that after hardship comes ease and Allah swt doesn’t burden anyone more than he or she can handle

3 –To nether think of the past nor worry the future

4 – Keep being busy, get beneficial knowledge, work something, do some sport, be active

5 – Do good deeds, and stay away from haram, keep a balance in Islam cause everything in Islam is balanced, it's an easy religion so do not overburden yourself and please take time for yourself too to enjoy by spending time with your family and going out visit places.

"Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant. (The Holly Quran, 7:199)"

Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allâh we belong and truly, to Him we shall return." They are those on whom are the Salawât (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones. (Holly Quran 2:156-157)

And seek Allahs forgiveness. Certainly, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
(Surat al-Muzzammil 73:20)

Lo! Allah is a Lord of Kindness to mankind, but most of mankind give not thanks. (Surat al-Baqarah 2:143)

Remember, Allah swt loves you and wishes for you the best so stay patient until the happiness comes, stay patient and work good deeds.

Assalaam aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu my brothers and sisters

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
Mashaallah! Jazakallahu khairan wa kaseeran! I was looking out for this & whoa! Alhamdulilah I came through ur post! Indeed Allah loves us beyond we can imagine but its sad that we perceive it not!!

really grateful to u for posting this & more grateful to Allah swt who made me come across such a valuable and heart-awakening post!
Jazakallah again! :)

May Allah swt make our hearts firm towards Islam and protect us from the waswas of Shayateen Ameen