True Love for the Messenger of Allaah

sharaz

Fear Allah
True Love for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)

Written by Abu Saifillah

With the despicable portrayal of the Prophet Mohammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) by some evil Danish journalists, then other than them, it becomes necessary to explain to the Muslims who are numb, or unhurt by this attack on the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) exactly how they should be feeling. I hope the information below will be of some benefit to all.

My dear respected brothers and sisters, we are living today in an era very different from that of the companions (radee Allaahu ‘anhum). Those illustrious companions truly loved the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Their love for him was like our love for our children when they are so small and in need of us and do everything to please us.

For us to be successful like the companions our love for him (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) must supersede our love for our children and our wealth and our property.

‘Umar ibn al-Khataab said to the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam): “Verily I love you more than anything in this world except myself.” The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said to him: “No O ‘Umar, verily you do not truly believe until you love me more than your own self.” Then ‘Umar said: “Then I love you more than the whole world and myself.” (Saheeh al-Bukhaaree)

Allaah said:

“Say (O Muhammad to mankind): ‘If you (really) love Allaah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur'aan and the Sunnah), Allaah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful’.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

This love they had for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) led them to be loved by Allaah, as Allaah confirmed in His saying:

“And the first to embrace Islam of the Muhaajirun (those who migrated from Makkah to al-Madeenah) and the Ansaar (the citizens of al-Madeenah who helped and gave aid to the Muhaajirun) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allaah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success.” (At-Tawbah 9:100)

This love they had for Allaah Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) led them to be leaders and successors in the earth as Allaah confirmed in his saying:

“Allaah has promised those among you who believe, and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to (the present rulers) in the earth, as He granted it to those before them...” (An-Nur 24:55)

The yard stick is clear – we can measure our love to see if it is TRUE as we claim, to see if we are contributing to the victory, success and establishment of Islam in the earth or not. The measurement is the companions. Let us examine the degree of their love for the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) which earned them Allaah’s love, which earned them establishment, success, and victory in the earth. They are the measurement because Allaah said:

“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way. We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination.” (An-Nisa 4:115)