trying to be a good muslim

nouga

asalam alikoum
i don t khnow how to start , and what to say, i m muslim that s right but be a muslim it s realy a good gift from allah that every ones has to be thinkful for , but it s not that s be stop here i m muslim , that s i think a begening for something else , we have to ask ourself how to be a good muslim and i think that s a really a big responsabilite that we have to care, so i m gonna talk about my self , for me i was born as muslim and hamdolillah i still incha allah muslim hamdolilllah , but the thing that botherng e , that i m trying to be a good muslim , my family are moroccan and mu mom and dad are a good person and muslim but no body tell us that you have to wear hijab, just we are muslim we have to pray we have to be a good person and show that we are a good muslim , we don t have to lie or drink haram o eat haram, and we grew up just muslim by heritage, and i was fighting whith one of my fiend that the hijab never be something that we have to do it and there is nothing in our religion that s say that, and my familly they don t khnow that.
so i was like them specially i never read koran just fatiha and some ayate at school thats it, until one day i saw one aya wrting that every mo2mina has to wear hijab, i was at this time 17 years. then i said my self thats messagefrom a god, but i told myself don t wear iot befor you be a good person , i was a good but i want to wear it and be sure that i m not gonna take it off so after that i start to read a coran usaually and hamdolilah for salat i starete it since 12 yers old,
and i was everu time i said i m gonna wear hijab until i got my 25 years old , it was like message from o god when o went my work i was working like secrata in morocco so i said that eery day i met a girl wearing a hijab and wearing a good closes and for me it wad just hijab that i have to wear so why not to start like that
and then i wear it and i was not preperd for , but it was a good thing that i did in my life, hamdolillah i wear my hijab and start to try to be a ggod muslim, and i m trying to show people that not that you wear hijab that something that you cannot do, just try and then you can do it and dont wait , because when you muslim your tring to not do a lot of things so ahen you wear hijab you try to show a good things about muslim people, that s right i dont wear jilbab just scarf and modern clothes but i still tryin wear arespectful clothes and tring to be a good muslim, i wish that one day i can be like i wnt and like allah sobhanaho wa ta3ala create me for,
and need your help for this to help me,
sorry if i don t give a right message that s because it s my forst time to right in this sites and my english too it s not good that much
tnx for every body and wish can get a good fiend that help e for my islam:hijabi:

Hassan Khalid

Member of Islam:P
In the Name of God, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful

:wasalam:

I have some steps for you to follow. Insha'Allah, you will be a stronger Muslim;

1-Be alert to whatever may divert you from Allah.

2-Be alert to the carnal pleasures that may lead to the realm of the forbidden.

3-Ascribe all material and spiritual accomplishments to Allah.

4-Never consider yourself as higher and better than anyone else.

5-Long for Allah’s pleasure and satisfaction in all affairs.

6-Renew the fountains of your Iman by studying and reflecting on Allah’s creation.

7-Remember death, and live with the conscious knowledge that it may happen at any time.

"O children of Adam! We have indeed sent down to you clothing to cover your shame, and (clothing) for beauty and clothing that guards (against evil); that is the best…" (Ar-Araf 7: 26).

"And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-covering over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands…" (An-Nur 24: 31)

As you may already know, the head must be covered as well as the breasts and the length of the clothing must not be short, for this is more proper if we do not want to attract the risky attention of men. Within this, the reality in Islam is that we also dress for the community, for others not to reveal and expose, but out of respect. Anything more than the above as in jilbab and 'abaya, is a question of cultural interpretation of the Islamic dress code.

One can understand that when you decided to wear the hijab, you were not quite prepared, after all, the hijab is not just a scarf, a piece of clothing that one uses to beautify ones self. The hijab is about ones self in relationship to Allah (SWT) – it is a form of dhikr, remembrance of Allah. That dhikr is difficult for others who live in a small community with a secular lifestyle, who do not have the same relationship to their Creator as you do. They will react until your personality shows them that you have feelings as they do, likes and dislikes as they do, needs as they do, in fact until they get the signal from you that you accept them as they are! You have to remember that their understanding of what a Muslim is shaped and manipulated by the popular media that they are exposed to, they do not know anything more than that! It is only your relationship with them that as the ability to expose them to a real Muslim, who is but human, not to be vilifed by those who abuse their power and spheres of influence for their own interests.

And I pray Allah to guide you in the path of peace-the path of Islam. May Allah (SWT) give you strength at this time to stand by His Haq:)

For more information;

Advice to help the Muslim increase his iman(faith) in Islam
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1250687RyGQw9rp

How to become a stronger Muslim?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_VGNBwCcto

Fresh_SouL

Asalamu3alaykoom sister

InshAllah this finds you with the best health and iman:)
SubhanAlllah sis thats how i started wearing the scarf modern clothes and so on but u get over it and reliz that it looks wrong and theres no point wearing the scarf if ur not gona wear it the right way..after reading articles and quran and how a women should b covered and why a women should b covered, it got more intrested to wear long skirts and abayas and wallahi when you do cover urself u feel peacefulness in ur heart you kno ur walking on earth for Allahs sake you have this feeling thats so beautiful im serious its an amazing feeling im not saying this coz i want you to wear long but firstly u have to b content and ready<<ready meaning for Allah swt sake and not for the creation...Sister i wish i could help you wallah but its hard explaing my self by writing i ask Allah3azawajal that he protects all my sisters in islam to away that he is pleased and inshAllah sis jst make dua, for dua is the weapon of a muslim and Allah knows best plz forgive me if ive hurt u with wat ive said inshAllah:)
ur sister in iman Fresh_soul

saffanah

speak good or silent
Assalamualaikum sister,
Alhamdulillah it's a good step of you in practising this deen by wearing hijab. And wearing hijab is an act of ibaadat/whorsip to Allah. in doing this you have to follow the Qur'an and Sunnah or the rules (shariah) that the prophet sallahu alaihi wassalam had commanded/given example of certain matters, so then this ibaadat will be accepted and given reward by Allah.
In wearing hijab, we must follow what the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam teaches us and from the example of the Sahaabiyah, that we muslimah must wear the proper hijab which are: thick not transparent, loose not thight/describe the shape of body, it must cover the bosoms not only cover the neck, and not showing your adornments that can attract people's attention.

Sister, if your niyaat (intention) in wearing the hijab for the sake of Allah, Insha Allah He will ease your effort.
Welcome to TTI !
Barakallahu fik.