Photo TTI Photography Thread

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Why is the light box resizing and downsampling the images?

Fit in the screen, you can still view the full image by clicking the Arrow in the top right corner of the popup.

Edit: ah on the page, I will try sort that out in sha Allah

A.Abubaker

Not sure if he/she was taunting me or trying get to the salt

7266683020_79344246d7_b.jpg

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Following footsteps at the beach ...​
IMAG0149 2.jpg
(no pro gadgets, just my mobile ... I do want a Nikon though)​
Edit: Three footsteps. Why is this picture so huge =S​

Mahzala

IMHO, having only the bottom three footsteps would make a much better composition.

nikon, ewwww.

Says the professional photographer. Opinion accepted.

Really? What do you use?

A.Abubaker

Says the professional photographer. Opinion accepted.

Really? What do you use?

were I a female i would be blushing right now.

I use canon 550d and 5dii.

The nikons are excellent at low light photography and most of them have a better focussing system but only when it comes to their mid range and the pro line. However, I think the canon entry level and mid range cameras are far better at their overall performance, besides canon has a greater variety of lenses to choose from for both their full frame and canon aps-cameras.

Canon has much better video capabilities so if documentary style filming is what you may be interested in then stick with canon.

Lastly, I do confess that I may be slightly bias towards canon since i have not actually used any nikon gear. The above is all based on other peoples reviews of the Nikon cameras.

Mahzala

The nikons are excellent at low light photography and most of them have a better focussing system but only when it comes to their mid range and the pro line. However, I think the canon entry level and mid range cameras are far better at their overall performance, besides canon has a greater variety of lenses to choose from for both their full frame and canon aps-cameras.

Canon has much better video capabilities so if documentary style filming is what you may be interested in then stick with canon.

In terms of Nikon and Canon comparisons, I've always heard everything in favour of the former. Seeing your photography, I don't doubt your review.

I've used the 500D, that was my first experience with a DSLR. And I got the hang of it gradually, but I was restricted to a three-day loan from the university media department, purely for the sake of completing assessments. And now, to think, in a few weeks time I need to be teaching this stuff, Lord above save me.

A.Abubaker

To be honest most if not all online reviews are bias when it comes to Photography equipment. Both Nikonians and Canonites will swear by the superiority of their equipment. However, at the end of the day it is only the skill of the photographer that matters the most, of course it is always desirable to have the best equipment for the job but it is not the absolute necessity.

I know of people who shoot for magazines using point and shoots and disposable cameras....

Lucky for you there are countless online tutorials available for learning photography, get he fundamentals right and the rest will come with experience.

Teaching Journalism?

Mahzala

To be honest most if not all online reviews are bias when it comes to Photography equipment. Both Nikonians and Canonites will swear by the superiority of their equipment. However, at the end of the day it is only the skill of the photographer that matters the most, of course it is always desirable to have the best equipment for the job but it is not the absolute necessity.

I know of people who shoot for magazines using point and shoots and disposable cameras....

Lucky for you there are countless online tutorials available for learning photography, get he fundamentals right and the rest will come with experience.

Teaching Journalism?

Thank you, that is motivating.

No, media and information, but, at this particular school, it's photography.

A.Abubaker

How would you like to switch Jobs?

Better post images before brother mabsoot tells me to shut up again.

Miris striatus or Meadow plant Bug ''had to ask someone to ID the little guy for me''

Surely there must be more people interested in photography on this forum?
6989613284_a1b3a03b10_h.jpg