Turkey engaginng in Holocaust denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

apocalypse77

The Armenian Holocaust that is. The word 'genocide' was invented to describe what happened to the Armenians. I reckon it's time for the international community to start punishing Turkey for its repeated Armenian Holocaust denial. If Germany can accept and apologise and pay compensation for the Jewish Holocaust then why is Turkey allowed get away with similar crimes:

From the BBC

'Turkey warns US over genocide law

Turkey has warned the US that bilateral ties will suffer if Washington adopts a bill recognising as genocide the Ottoman empire's killings of Armenians.
In a letter to US President George W Bush, Turkish President Abdullah Gul said "serious problems" would emerge if US lawmakers passed the bill.

The US House Foreign Affairs Committee is due to discuss the bill this week.

Ankara rejects Armenian claims that the deaths of some 1.5m Armenians in 1915-17 amounted to genocide.

It admits that many Armenians were killed, but says the deaths were a result of widespread wartime fighting in Turkey during World War I.

Armenians have campaigned for the killings to be recognised internationally as genocide. Some countries have done so.

In his letter, President Gul "drew attention to the serious problems that will emerge in bilateral relations if the bill is adopted," his office said in a statement.

Separately, Parliament Speaker Koksal Toptan warned that "it might take decades to heal negative effects" if the motion was passed.

"Then, it will be difficult to control the dynamics triggered by Turkish public reaction," Mr Toptan said in a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Other Turkish leaders have indicated that Ankara could consider blocking Washington's use of a key military base in Turkey that provides logistical support in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The House foreign affairs committee is expected to debate the bill on Wednesday.

If it is approved, Democratic Speaker Nancy Pelosi may allow a vote. However, it would have no binding effect on US foreign policy.

Similar bills in 2000 and 2005 were blocked by senior US politicians. Last year, Turkey cut military co-operation with France after the French parliament passed a bill to make denial of the Armenian genocide an offence - even though it never became law. '

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
That was what ???

:salam2:

Well we in India have a saying .... 'jiski laathi usi ki bhens' .... 'the buffalo is one's who has the stick'. They want everything to push down our throats so that they can keep doing what they want to. Here is an example of their brilliant peace making efforts.

The huge displacement of people inside Iraq appears to be contributing to the further fragmentation of the country.

The scale of the overall displacement is unprecedented in the modern history of the Middle East.
There are now an estimated four million Iraqis who have been forced to flee their homes, and the numbers continue to rise, according to the UN refugee agency.
Neighbouring Jordan and Syria, which have borne the brunt of the problem after receiving some two million refugees over the past few years, have now restricted access because they can no longer cope with the influx.
The plight of those who have fled their homes but have not been able to leave the country is dire, says the UN refugee agency.
The head of the Iraq Support Unit, Andrew Harper, told the BBC that an increasing number of provinces were turning the refugees away because they lacked resources to look after them.
He said with so many people in desperate need of shelter and food, Iraq was like a pressure-cooker.
Beyond Baghdad's control
Mr Harper said the UN agency had raised the issue with the central government in Baghdad, but was told that the local authorities had been urged to shelter the fleeing Iraqis.
This means that local governments are in effect ignoring directives from Baghdad.
Steve Simon of the US Council on Foreign Relations told the BBC: "Local authorities are taking ever greater unilateral prerogative in areas that they control because the central state is ineffective, it lacks capacity."
Mr Simon said the local governments were facing hard choices.
"They are not going to make their local constituencies unhappy by letting all these displaced persons from other areas in Iraq in to split a pie that is already pretty meagre," he said.
The refugee problem is also likely to make national reconciliation even more difficult to achieve.
'Recruiting-grounds'
Ghaith Abdul Ahad, an Iraqi journalist, says the areas where displaced Iraqis live have become fertile recruiting-grounds for militants.
"The insurgents in west Baghdad tell me that the hardest fighters are the Sunnis who have been kicked out of their homes by the Shia," Mr Abdul Ahad told the BBC.
There is a real fear that the temporary ramshackle refugee camps that today dot the Iraqi landscape are festering wounds that may take years to heal.
More ominously, they are a breeding ground for violence as well as social and political turmoil.
Outside Iraq, the long-term effect of the exodus is difficult to foresee.
Some analysts have drawn comparisons with the plight of the Palestinians, who were forced to flee after the creation of the state of Israel in 1948.
And if that analogy is anything to go by, then the Iraqi refugee crisis could become a destabilising factor for the entire region for years to come.
No one can predict the exact impact on the precarious demographic balance in neighbouring Syria and Jordan, which have received the highest numbers of Iraqi refugees.
These societies may continue to cope with the problem, as long as there is the prospect that the refugees will one day be able to go back. But if years go by without that happening, the threat of instability may haunt the region for the foreseeable future.

uskupi

assalam alaikum ... i apsolutely deny the so called armenian holocaust in the Othoman empirre ...assalam alaikum

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
they dont actually care...

assalam alaikum ... i apsolutely deny the so called armenian holocaust in the Othoman empirre ...assalam alaikum

'speak the truth even if its against your own selves' The Armenian Holocaust did happen, there is evidence for it.

The Armenian Holocaust that is. The word 'genocide' was invented to describe what happened to the Armenians. I reckon it's time for the international community to start punishing Turkey for its repeated Armenian Holocaust denial. If Germany can accept and apologise and pay compensation for the Jewish Holocaust then why is Turkey allowed get away with similar crimes:

From the BBC

'Turkey warns US over genocide law

Turkey has warned the US that bilateral ties will suffer if Washington adopts a bill recognising as genocide the Ottoman empire's killings of Armenians.
In a letter to US President George W Bush, Turkish President Abdullah Gul said "serious problems" would emerge if US lawmakers passed the bill.

The US House Foreign Affairs Committee is due to discuss the bill this week.

Ankara rejects Armenian claims that the deaths of some 1.5m Armenians in 1915-17 amounted to genocide.

It admits that many Armenians were killed, but says the deaths were a result of widespread wartime fighting in Turkey during World War I.

Armenians have campaigned for the killings to be recognised internationally as genocide. Some countries have done so.

In his letter, President Gul "drew attention to the serious problems that will emerge in bilateral relations if the bill is adopted," his office said in a statement.

Separately, Parliament Speaker Koksal Toptan warned that "it might take decades to heal negative effects" if the motion was passed.

"Then, it will be difficult to control the dynamics triggered by Turkish public reaction," Mr Toptan said in a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Other Turkish leaders have indicated that Ankara could consider blocking Washington's use of a key military base in Turkey that provides logistical support in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The House foreign affairs committee is expected to debate the bill on Wednesday.

If it is approved, Democratic Speaker Nancy Pelosi may allow a vote. However, it would have no binding effect on US foreign policy.

Similar bills in 2000 and 2005 were blocked by senior US politicians. Last year, Turkey cut military co-operation with France after the French parliament passed a bill to make denial of the Armenian genocide an offence - even though it never became law. '

Im not sure actually. If the international community does recognise the Armeinian Holocaust i dont see how that comes anything near to delivering justice for what happened. Same with any genocide anywhere, i suppose ultimate justice lies with Allah (S), for example which Bosnian who lost their family due to the ethnic cleansing by the Serbs would necessarily 'feel better' about the massacre if the international community 'recognised' it. I dont know maybe/maybe not.

Also, its important to recognise the reasons why in the case of the Armenian genocide its received so little attention and is quite literally ignored and down played all the time. You’re blaming Turkey for this but there is a wider agenda at work here. Its not in the interests of the international community to recognise the Armenian holocaust, esp those countries allied with israel; this is what Shimon Peres had to say about it:

“we reject attempts to create similarities between the holocaust and the Armenian allegations. Nothing similar to a holocaust occurred. It is a tragedy what the armeanians went through but not a genocide”

Further he states:

“if a position is to be taken with the allegations (of genocide) it should be done with great care not to distort historical realisties”

Its not in israeli interests to allow the reconition of any other genocide committed in the 20th century apart from the Jewish Holocaust, in fact, its wrong, according to them, to allocate the word ‘holocaust’ (esp with a cap H) to anything but the jewish one.

When the US congress tried to pass an ‘Armenian Genocide Resolution’ in 2000it may have had enough votes if it wasn’t for the Turkey-Israeli alliance which warned against it and got it cancelled that time. I dont think the US or anyone else genuinely cares about this. And hey, theres plenty of genocides ocurring right now which are not being stopped...in fact i dont see the point in getting the very perpetrators of current genocide to recognise genocide from history and pretend to have a conscience!

The memory of the jewish genocide is constantly being renewed and given heightened priority in school curriculums and governments are always ready to form new Holocaust Memorial days and all that but only in recognition of the jewish one. I wonder why.

Also..when that guy was murdered, Dink? The guy who was calling for the recognition of it in Turkey there were demonstrations against the murder in Turkey, so…

Im just saying, its not only Turkish denial that’s at work here, there are other players. And again where does real justice lie when it comes to these matters? I dont know if the victims of genocide value it or...it means anything. More-over..recognition of this is pure hypocrisy on the part of western powers especially.

A

abdul ghaleeb

dumies dumies and more dumies

the people in the middle east have no right to question a part of european history when the history of europeans doesnt concern them. to deny such a thing such as mass murder of innoscent people is satanic

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

And hey, theres plenty of genocides ocurring right now which are not being stopped...in fact i dont see the point in getting the very perpetrators of current genocide to recognise genocide from history and pretend to have a conscience!

Brilliant !!! ... very well said sis.

I even read somewhere that the germans were even thinking to take away the German citizenship from Hitler and to announce that he did not have the right to be a German ......:lol: ...... as if it will bring all those dead ppl back alive.

Amazing stuff .... Hitler would have loved them :lol:

GENOCIDE ????????? THIS WAS A CIVILL WAR CAUSED BECAUSE ARMENIANS SLIDED TO THE SIDE OF THE AGGRESSORS(RUSSIA) JUST LIKE ARABS SLIDED WITH THE BRITISH AND FRANCE,

If Germany can accept and apologise and pay compensation for the Jewish Holocaust then why is Turkey allowed get away with similar crimes:

Why should Germans still pay for "compensation" TODAY !! What has this Generation of germans to do with something that happend so longa ago ?
How long will Germany pay for this holocaust ? Probably forever

Isra first that Atatürk thread and now this. ALLAHS BLESS AMERICA AND ISRAEL WHO ARE GOING AGAINST U Backstabbers.
ALLAH´s wrath = Israel.

Ottoman Empire was protective of u guys, after u backstabbed them U LOST EVERY WAR U Participated In . :lol:

Why should Germans still pay for "compensation" TODAY !! What has this Generation of germans to do with something that happend so longa ago ?

Salaamalikum,

I agree. I'm not sure at what point it even becomes a genocide - I believe it's relative. 10 people dead? 100? 1000? 100,000?

The West is so hypocritical, especially the US of A. What about the "genocide" of the American Indians they killed? What about the Crusades that killed thousands of Muslims? What about the "genocide" of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Look at your own faults before you look at others!

This is nonsense. I guess we all should go back to our history and start reprimanding those that caused genocide to our people.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Isra first that Atatürk thread and now this. ALLAHS BLESS AMERICA AND ISRAEL WHO ARE GOING AGAINST U Backstabbers.
ALLAH´s wrath = Israel.
Well you sound pretty treacherous to me right now actually...its not right that germany has to pay compensation i dont see the point. America and israel arent fighting a war against ARABS and im having to repeat..im not even arab alright?! :mad: theyre fighting a war against Allah and his Messenger!...why are you blessing them for? thats totaly majnoon!

ISRA GO THE HELL PLEASE , THANKS

GENOCIDE ????????? THIS WAS A CIVILL WAR CAUSED BECAUSE ARMENIANS SLIDED TO THE SIDE OF THE AGGRESSORS(RUSSIA) JUST LIKE ARABS SLIDED WITH THE BRITISH AND FRANCE,
Hell? im trying my best to avoid that place actually...sorry :D

Yes, the Armenians did side with Tsarist russia but does that justify extermination? no it doesnt.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
She(isra) doesnt stop bro, first this Atatürk beein a jew thread and now this stuff.

She makes me angry bro, what can I do ?

You can remian civil and polite at the very least....actually i dont even quite understand why ure so mad...!

Ataturk was an apostate/freemason.

WHERE IS UR PROOF ?????????????????? SOME VIDEO ON YOUTUBE ?

LOL HE HATED ISLAM BECAUSE ARABS BACKSTABBED THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE.
END OF STORY.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
extermination ?

My intention was never to 'defend' Armenians i was simply commenting on the concept of...holocaust denial and recognition..and how denying this genocide actually happened in 1915 is partly israeli propaganda. for obvious reasons!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
WHERE IS UR PROOF ?????????????????? SOME VIDEO ON YOUTUBE ?

LOL HE HATED ISLAM BECAUSE ARABS BACKSTABBED THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE.
END OF STORY.

ok fine they backstabbed it, but the rise and fall of Islam is not SOLELY dependent on the loyalty of arabs! How can you defend someone which you correctly described as a hater of Islam?!

Armeninian Genocide ?

heres the break down:

Armenians and Turks lived in peace for many centuries. Then Russia decides to attack Turkey. Armenians slided with Russia. This caused a CIVIL WAR(between Armenians and Turks). This wasnt Genocide , it was a Civil War.

ok fine they backstabbed it, but the rise and fall of Islam is not SOLELY dependent on the loyalty of arabs! How can you defend someone which you correctly described as a hater of Islam?!

LOL , quite funny. What is it with u always hating Turkey ? Making threads about Atatürk beein a jew and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.