Turkish Food> Manti

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[img=left]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/turntoislam/recipes/manti.jpg[/img]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RECIPE I[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]1 and 1/2 coffee spoons red pepper
12 glasses water
200 grams ground meat
3 onions
5 cloves of garlic
5 soup spoons butter
500 grams bowtie noodles
500 grams yoghurt
[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]In a saucepan, brown the onions in 3 and 1/2 soup spoons of butter. Add the ground meat and a coffee spoon of salt. Mix and cook on a low heat, then put aside.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]In another saucepan, boil the noodles for 15 minutes in salted water. Drain. Pour the noodles into the sauce pan containing the meat. Mix and reheat.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Beat the yoghurt and crushed. garlic. Pour the noodles onto a serving dish and pour the yoghurt sauce over them. Finally sprinkle the dish with a soup spoon of melted butter to which red pepper is added.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RECIPE II[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]For the dough:
1 coffee cup water
1 egg yolk and 1 whole egg
1/2 soup spoon salt
350 grams flour (plus 50 grams flour for rolling)
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]For the Filling:
200 grams ground meat
3 onions
pepper
salt
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]For the Sauce:
1 and 1/2 coffee spoons red pepper
100 grams butter
400 grams yoghurt
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]For Boiling:
6 glasses meat broth
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Make a hollow place in the center of the flour. Put an egg yolk and a whole egg, 1/2 soup spoon salt and a coffee cup of water into it. Make a dough. Roll it into a ball and cover with a damp cloth. Let stand 1 hour. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Sprinkle the dough and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough as thin as possible. Cut the dough into 5 cm. squares.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]To Prepare the Filling:[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Brown the finely chopped onions and ground meat for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and stir. Place a small portion of this mixture, the size of a large hazelnut, in the center of each square of dough, Fold each corner to the center, sealing the sides so that the small package will not become undone. Some people find it easier to make a single fold triangle shape manti. Close the sides well. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Place the "manti" in a large, round, buttered cake mold and bake for about 25 minutes, until they are brown. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Pour the broth over the "manti", then either return them to the oven, or cook over a low heat, until they have absorbed all the liquid. Place the "manti" in a serving dish. First pour 50 grams of melted butter over them, then 400 grams of beaten yoghurt, and finally 50 grams of butter mixed with a coffee spoon of red pepper.[/FONT]

zainab

:salam2:

SubhanAllah this is my most favourite dish. It is a bit time consuming but very worth it. I make it similar but I add chopped parsley to minced meat which I don't fry becasue I boil it instead of baking. I use melted butter, tomato puree and dried mint for the sauce over garlic yoghurt. Your recipe is lovely, I will bake mine next time instead of boiling. Thank you for sharing.

By the way, what a brilliant idea for recipe section.

:wasalam:

zainab

brighten

seeker of knowledge

Great recipe Mabsoot. Does that mean you can cook too ? :jumpclap:
Thanks for creating this section.

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum wa'Rahmatullah.....

mantuuuuuuuuuu........wow.........lol

my noble mummy makes the best mantu ever Masha'Allah....i really cant believe you guys know about mantu......lol.....Subhan'Allah.....small world!

Barak'Allahu Fik.....maybe i should put up some more Turkish recipes (if Allah permits), anyone know what LAGHMAN is?.....
it's dee-li-she-us.....and very healthy too ;)

Wasalam...

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Great recipe Mabsoot. Does that mean you can cook too ? :jumpclap:
Thanks for creating this section.

Wa alaykum salam, i havent cooked a dish for a year or more, since university i have no time for that. Mum makes nice food lol. I like learning from her, before i used to make different dishes and cakes etc.

Dont have enough time to do everything i want.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum wa'Rahmatullah.....

mantuuuuuuuuuu........wow.........lol

my noble mummy makes the best mantu ever Masha'Allah....i really cant believe you guys know about mantu......lol.....Subhan'Allah.....small world!

Barak'Allahu Fik.....maybe i should put up some more Turkish recipes (if Allah permits), anyone know what LAGHMAN is?.....
it's dee-li-she-us.....and very healthy too ;)

Wasalam...

Wa alaykum saalam, great mashaAllah,

yes manti is nice. I like Kebab eskandari :p and beyti kebab

wasalam

alhamdulillah

Wa alaykum saalam, great mashaAllah,

yes manti is nice. I like Kebab eskandari :p and beyti kebab

wasalam

Bismillah,

Wa'alaykum'Assalam,

Masha'Allah, you really know our turkish dishes......well do you know what sushbaraak is? and what about sokash? hmmm :p

funny, you actually call it 'manti', whilst we call it 'mantu'.......(Allah ho Alim)

wasalam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

Its spelt manti not mantu, I dont see why it is funny. You should be crying at such atrocious spelling. lol

alhamdulillah

Assalamu alaykum

Its spelt manti not mantu, I dont see why it is funny. You should be crying at such atrocious spelling. lol

Bismillah,

Wa'alaikum'Assalam

Subhan'Allah.......whats there to 'cry' about....??? Well 'OUR' turkish side call it 'MANTU' not 'manti'....

mantu, mAnTu, MaNTu and MANTU...! :p

Wasalam

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum.

lol. *the food posted on this thread* looks good, maybe I'll try it sometime.

(but as to it's name, I prefer to keep a neutral course)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

One of my friends introduced it to me. It's good. Btw she called it MANTU, so it's going to be mantu for me.

xAllahKnowsBestx

You guys don't know what you're talking about... It's called manta. Duh.

jk, I have no idea. :D

I tried "mantoo" (according to the menu at an Afghan restaurant) and it was simply: AMAZING. Seriously... this is my new favorite food now!

Italiano

Well, I 've tried *the food posted on this thread* and is really a wonderful dish! :jumpclap:
So, who cares about the spelling...
Mabsoot: thanks for sharing your recipe.:)
xAllahKnowsBestx: By the way, the Manta is a fish...

:wasalam: