tv's haram, you still watch it. so im going to drink!!

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Assalamualaikum wr wb.
Yes, its very sad when people try to justify their sins...I have a friend who says "This are my sins.I am prepared to bear the consequences for them so I dont think anyone has the right to tell me to change."

I dont know what else to say to this person...He knows the punishments for his sins yet he says he is "prepared to bear the consequences"

Any ideas on how I can convince him ?

Salam

To be honest with you there is really no way to convince them except to tell them what you know, the punishments and that we must obey Allah and his messenger (saws). If you have done that there is nothing else you can do because you cannot shove it down their throats. Remember Allah guides who he wills. With that said everyone will not follow and abide by the rules. That is there lost.

In reality if this person is muslim and said the are "prepared to bear the consequences" they are naive. No one thinking logically and believe will not say such a arrogant response. They say they are ready b/c the punsihment has not happened but when it does I'm sure that comment will change pretty quickly.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum salaam warahmatullah,

Astaghfirullah, the best you can do is try to tell and explain to these people the error of their ways and make du'a for them, the rest is up to Allah, the Glorified and Exalted.
Just remember and be thankful that Allah has blessed you enough for you to be shocked by what she said and to not agree with her, that makes you normal.

Salaam.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
And it is deeply distressing when you hear people saying 'I'm prepared to take the consequences, blah, blah, blah'.
The terror and doom of the Day of Qiyammat will turn the hair on a babies head grey. A baby this is, a baby has NO sin and cannot be accounted for it's actions. But even the sinless will on that Day be terrified, so the sinful will be in a condition unimaginable, it won't be death, nor will it be life, it will be a filthy sludge of extreme grief, pain and torture between the two. They will be in a position of horror and will be engulfed by the deep, black abyss of Jahanam.

This is not a joke, no one will be able to bear this but Allah will force the kaffir and hypocrites through it for eternity. May Allah save us all from this, ameen.

boymuh

Hajj please..
tv is not haram itself but the problem is in the way we watch tv
for example , using knife is not haram if you use it to cut meat but it is haram if you use it to cut your friend!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed, and so the internet or the music or sports is...
but i also respect those who cautiously keep their iman by avoiding TV, music, etc.
the two side of a coin.

abu'muhammad

salams.
maybe im just not smart enough to think of an answer to this questoin. others might find it simple to anwser. the story goes a bit like tis:

in college we were having a dicussion about whats halal and haram in islam. this friend of mine (she's muslim) says to us, 'look tv's haram, music's haram etc...and most of you still do these things, so i don't really bother about choosing whats halal and whats haram. watching tv's the same as driking so i drink....etc' she gave us a list of things like this. so she goes clubbing, free mixing, wears revealing clothes etc... all becasuse its the same as tv being haram and people still watching it.

i was just baffled. i didnt know what to say to her. i didnt have a counter argument. can anyone tell me what they would say to someone if they said that?

waslm.

:salam2:

You need to say that muslims take guidance from the qur'an and sunnah. Our rolemodel is prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alayhi wasallam). We need to follow him and that is the path of rightly guided people. As quran says :

"Indeed in the Messenger of Allah you have a good example to follow..." - The Qur'an 33:21.

And muslim needs to follow completely the religion enjoining good and forbidding evil.

Allah ta'ala guides in qur'an :

O you who believe! Enter perfectly into Islam (i.e., obey all the regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Satan, Verily! He is to you a plain enemy." - The Qur'an 2:208

:wasalam:

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
well music is haram that's no doubt ( ALhamdulillah that i don't do anymore) , watch tv is a waste of time when u could be doing islamic things ( inshAllah i want stop wach tv ), sports if when u are practicing u r with no islamic clothes that show ur awarah or loose the salat time than it become haram.

aidanism

Thank you for the advice.
I have decided that perhaps the best way is to be close to a friend and set a good example and InshaAllah, they will feel like there is a need to change.

Believer1985

The thing is, if TV is truly haram, then why are there such things as Islamic channels? It's because TV is such a strong medium, that Islamic channels exist...for a message to get across to those who view it. Besides, if it were a huge sin, then we won't have important role models, mufti's etc on such shows. I don't think it's haram personally, it depends what you watch.

~Ahamed~

Some see tv to seek world-knowledge(discovery chn, Nat geo) and thus i dont think that is considered haram...