two serious questions

shichemlydia

:salam2: brothers and sisters,
i hope you are all well,
i have two questions, i hope i will find someone who can help me,
1- is using the camera for taking photos and making films halal or haram,
2- i heard that making copies of CDs and books without the authorisation of the author or the publisher is haram, is that true or not....
:salam2:

SabirIslamdost

Salam

I am gonna answer the first question:

Question to question is all fair. Is it Halal to use a knif? If you use it to kill somebody, of couse not. However, if you use it to slaughter a hen to invite a lovely friend of you for lunch and offer him chicken, of course it is Halal. So the matter now is that how do you use this camera? To take a picture of yourself for memory, or the picture of a natural scene it is something normal, but to take the picture of not veiled girls, and let others see it, it is not Halal. Simply I can say, if there a scene, or person that is halal to look at, then it is Halal to take its picture, if to look at a person or scene is not Halal, then to take its picture is not Halal as well. And Allah is all-knowing, He knows the best.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The khutba at my masjid was on the same subject. It was advised that we refrain from photographs and pictures that will be distributed outside the family.