two small questions about when i read quran

sister purified

:salam2:
ive got these 2 questions i keep wondering about almost each time i read the quran..
firstly is there the compulsion of covering all parts of the body (including hair and all)when reading quran if there are no non-mahrams around?my teacher told me it was not needed but my grandmother freaked out when she heard it,she told me there's a hadith that angels wont come 2 hear the recitation if ur not covered up properly..im really confused now..and i really dont want to add something thats not there in the religion..
and my second question is that if covering up is really not needed ,how about when we do the sajada that comes in b/t of the surah's.and is there some special dua to be told at that time?
ive been pondering about these really long n i really hope i get it cleared now..(insha allah)
tc.

daywalker

When you do sajda then cover your head. otherwise when u r alone then its not must to cover your head. BUt its a good adab(manner)

sister purified

thank you daywalker..and insha allah ill try to inculcate the gud adhab..but is there some hadith to just to strengthen it?

daywalker

thank you daywalker..and insha allah ill try to inculcate the gud adhab..but is there some hadith to just to strengthen it?

Islamic manner hasn´t any connection with hadith. Manner are taught by scholars. If it would be from hadith, then we would call it sunnah instead manner . anyway i will try to get if there any. wassalamualaikum

a_stranger

One sister told me we don`t need to cover while reading Quran or sujood talawa but there are many things in islam we do it is better to do it not a must. I think that if it is a must then this will make it difficult for us to read frquently while Allah swt wants us to be close to his book. Allah knows best.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
ive got these 2 questions i keep wondering about almost each time i read the quran..
firstly is there the compulsion of covering all parts of the body (including hair and all)when reading quran if there are no non-mahrams around?

:wasalam:

It is not obligatory for a woman to put on hijaab in order to read Qur’aan, because there is no evidence to indicate that this is obligatory.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said that reciting Qur’aan does not require covering the head.

and my second question is that if covering up is really not needed ,how about when we do the sajada that comes in b/t of the surah's.and is there some special dua to be told at that time?

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in his comments on sujood al-tilaawah (prostration required when reading certain verses of the Qur’aan): “Sujood al-tilaawah is to be done when reading Qur’aan. It may be done in any state, even with the head uncovered, etc., because this prostration is not subject to the rulings on prayer.”

(Fataawa al-Jaami’ah li’l-mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/249)

When performing the prostrations of forgetfulness and of recitation, you should say the same as you say when you prostrate in prayer: “Subhaana Rabbiy al-A’la (Glory be to my Lord Most High).” What is obligatory is to say that once, and the least required in order to do it perfectly is to say it three times. It is mustahabb to make du’aa’ when prostrating, reciting whatever you can of the du’aa’s prescribed in sharee’ah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When bowing glorify your Lord, and when prostrating strive in making du’aa’, for then you are more likely to receive an answer.”

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The closest that a person can be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a lot of du’aa’.”

These two hadeeth were both narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) often used to say when bowing and prostrating: “Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bi hamdika, Allaahumma ighfir li (Glory be to You, O Allaah, and praise. O Allaah, forgive me).” Agreed upon – from the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also used to say when bowing and prostrating: “Subbooh quddoos Rabb ul-malaa’ikah wa’l-rooh (Glorified, Holy, Lord of the angels and the Spirit [i.e., Jibreel].” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.