Two Way Mirror

taufik

:salam2:
To all my brothers, sisters & future muslims

To Detect a Two-way Mirror
Beware of Mirrors in Hotels or Public Washroom! Because you never know!

How to determine if a mirror are 2 way or not (Not a Joke!) Not to scare
you, but to make you aware. A policewoman who travels all over the US and
gives seminars and techniques for businesswomen passed this on.

HOW TO DETECT A 2-WAY MIRROR:
When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms, etc. How
many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the
wall is a real mirror, or actually a 2-way mirror (i.e., they can see you,
but you can't see them).
There have been many cases of people installing 2-way mirrors in female
changing rooms. It is very difficult to positively identify the surface by
just looking at it.
So, how do we determine with any amount of certainty what type of mirror we
are looking at? Just conduct this simple test:
Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if
there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it
is a GENUINE mirror.
However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then
BEWARE, FOR IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR!
So remember , every time you see a mirror, do the "fingernail test." It
doesn't cost you anything. It is simple to do, and it might save you from
getting "visually raped"!
This is a really good thing to do. The reason there is a gap on a real
mirror, is because the silver is on the back of the mirror UNDER the glass.
As a two-way mirror, the silver is on the surface. Keep it in mind!

Ladies: Share this with your girl friends.
Men: Share this with your wives, daughters and/or girlfriend or friends.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazzak-Allah khair for sharing this brother it is really useful.

I will try the fingernail test next time.:muslim_child:

:wasalam:

sky_012

oo i never heard about that before :( but how would people in public places put these mirrors , that's against our privacy! now i'm afraid of public places even more than before

but it's good to have such info so we can be carefull

jazak Allah Khair for sharing this info sis :)

:wassalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

To my knowledge this test may not always work because of the chemical properties of "Mirropane" used in the "Two-Way Mirror"...A better test would be to simply turn all the lights off and hold a flash light against the mirror & if there is a chamber behind it it will lit up..."

But one can easily change clothes without revelaing anything it just takes dexterity & practice...its not by choice...its just when you have to use showers after swimming/gym you develop techniques that you don't normally think of & then you use them as a matter of course in your life...Similarly on camping, hiking you have to do these things as space is limited...

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Asslamo Allaikum,

To my knowledge this test may not always work because of the chemical properties of "Mirropane" used in the "Two-Way Mirror"...A better test would be to simply turn all the lights off and hold a flash light against the mirror & if there is a chamber behind it it will lit up..."

But one can easily change clothes without revelaing anything it just takes dexterity & practice...its not by choice...its just when you have to use showers after swimming/gym you develop techniques that you don't normally think of & then you use them as a matter of course in your life...Similarly on camping, hiking you have to do these things as space is limited...

:SMILY209: Jazzak-Allah khair for sharing!

:wasalam: :arabi1:

taufik

oo i never heard about that before :( but how would people in public places put these mirrors , that's against our privacy! now i'm afraid of public places even more than before

but it's good to have such info so we can be carefull

jazak Allah Khair for sharing this info sis :)

:wassalam:

bro...
are u thanking me?
if its true..
I'm a man. not sis
:) but its ok...who knows who rite...

strive-may-i

Read wiki how: http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-a-Mirror-Is-Two-Way-or-Not

How to Detect a 2-way Mirror

(Modification of an eHow Contributor. )

A two-way (2 way) mirror is glass which, on one side, provides a reflection, but on the other side, functions as a window. It is used to observe people so that they are not aware that they are being watched, or who is watching them. Two-way mirrors (also known as one-way, transparent, and observation mirrors) are common in police stations or psychological institutions, but there are other, less obvious settings where people worry about being watched, such as dressing rooms and workplaces. If you are concerned about a particular mirror, here's how to tell if there's someone looking on the other side.

Don't believe any emailed rumors you may have received about secret two-way mirrors placed in dressing rooms and restrooms using finger nail test. There isnt a fool proof way. Find out for yourself whether these secret mirrors exist. If you are close to it, a two-way mirror is actually easy to detect through sight alone.

1. Realize that a popular email about two-way mirrors you may have received is a hoax. It is simply an urban legend that has gained credibility as it has gone from one recipient to the next. You can check suspect stories you hear against the urban legends database at Snopes.com < *EDIT strive-may-i:*snopes.com could have factual errors>.

Understand that a two-way mirror is specially treated glass that allows light to pass through in both directions, but which also reflects light back into the room. If lights are off on one side of the mirror and on in the other, those on the bright side will see a reflection and those on the dark side will see through the glass.

Know that because they function as windows, two-way mirrors are generally set into the wall; they are not hung on a wall. If the mirror is not flush with the wall, it is most likely not a two-way mirror.

4. Test the mirror. Cup your hands around your eyes and place your face next to the mirror. If it is a two-way mirror, you will be able to see something on the other side-unless there is absolutely no light on that side.

5. Turn out the lights. The two-way mirror only works if light is more intense on one side. With the lights off, you will see through a two-way mirror. It may take a few moments to detect the mirror as your eyes adjust.

6. Tap the mirror. A two-way mirror will produce a hollow sound like a window because there is no backing on the other side. A regular mirror will sound dull.

Tips & Warnings
- The "fingernail test," recommended by hoax emails and passed around online, does not work. In fact, it simply reveals where the reflective surface is on the mirror; some mirrors have the reflective surface placed on the surface, and some have glass laid over it.
- Be ready to get strange looks if you try to detect a two-way mirror in public!
- Though breaking a mirror will show you exactly what you have been looking at, it is not recommended.