Typing (S.A.W)

Fatih*

I have noticed that many of you type s.a.w or sws when they mention the prophets name with text. I talked to an Imam (Yasir Birjas from Al-Maghrib) and he said that you don't need to do that and it's better not too. You could just say sws with your mouth and you don't need to type it. He also said that if you want to do it don't type Saw or sws because when you read it it comes out as Saw which is an arabic word and it comes out bad, so it's better not to shorten it.

4mMadara2Amina

question...

I have noticed that many of you type s.a.w or sws when they mention the prophets name with text. I talked to an Imam (Yasir Birjas from Al-Maghrib) and he said that you don't need to do that and it's better not too. You could just say sws with your mouth and you don't need to type it. He also said that if you want to do it don't type Saw or sws because when you read it it comes out as Saw which is an arabic word and it comes out bad, so it's better not to shorten it.

This is very good me to know. Thank you for sharing this. But what about Taalla? There is also seen that people (so do me) writing Allah Taalla?...

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Writing ta`aalaa after Allaah's name is fine. It means 'Allaah the Most High'. Ta`aalaa is a complete word and not an abbreviation. You can also say, 'Allaah subhaanahu wata`aalaa', which means 'Allaah, glory be to Him, the Most High'. However, some people abbreviate this to (swt), which is not correct.

4mMadara2Amina

As-salaamu `alaykum

Writing ta`aalaa after Allaah's name is fine. It means 'Allaah the Most High'. Ta`aalaa is a complete word and not an abbreviation. You can also say, 'Allaah subhaanahu wata`aalaa', which means 'Allaah, glory be to Him, the Most High'. However, some people abbreviate this to (swt), which is not correct.

Thank you for an information!!! :)
Always glad to know something new.