Understanding this?

Child of GOD

I have long seen the similiarities between Christian and Muslim and, after viewing one of your videos seems that I have seen right. Then why is there such a seperation of our religions and lack of respect and love for one another? The Dr. that was talking about this (forgive me for I cannot spell his name) was saying that Christians are Christians and muslims are more christian than the christians. He was talking about references in our Bible saying how in the scriptures Abraham fell to his face in worship,,Moses fell to his face in worship.........as do muslims by bowing down face first in worship.
There are so many similarities......both Bible and Quran speak of One God,,speak of what is right and wrong...speak of love and forgiveness, speak of taking care of those in need......As a christian I believe in these things and I try hard to live my life accordingly.....Am I on track here or missing something.:SMILY252:
Peace and God Bless
Sheri

Ayep

No Muslim is a Muslim if he doe'snt believe in Jesus(pbuh)

:bismillah:

I believe you are on track on this sister. I think you trying to say Dr Zakir Naik. In fact Muslims believe that Judaism, Christianity and Islam grew up in the opposition of many-gods and only believe in the One God.

However the parting of ways: as the Jews reject Jesus, the same can be said of Christians rejecting Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) as the final messenger. The Quran states that the earlier prophets were send to different tribes of people to call them to worship the One True God and stop worshipping idols, deities etc. The Quran mentions 25 prophets by name, from Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. etc.

In is an article of faith for Muslims to believe in the Torah ,Psalms ,Gospels and finally the Quran. We pray to Allah, which is a contraction of two Arabic words Al-Illah, i.e The God. By dropping the letter "I" you find the word Allah.
That is close to the Aramaic word used by Jesus which is Alaha(Encyclopedia Britannica 1980 under Allah and Elohim). Arabic, Aramaic and Hebrew are all sister languages!

As you mentioned about the references "Bible saying how in the scriptures Abraham fell to his face in worship,,Moses fell to his face in worship.........as do muslims by bowing down face first in worship", in fact we Muslims are still practicing that tradition of worshiping God which were practiced by earlier prophets, however Christians see that as something strange today.

Keep doing your research sister. May you find the answers you are looking for here in this site.

Child of GOD

I Have been reading my Bible from the very beginning...I have read it numerous times before but I still get something new every time I start at the beginning...

I thought that I had seen Mohammed mentioned in the Bible and tried to find it but didn't.......I then skimmed thru the gospels and there after right into revelations....and wondering why in our Christian Bible,,why Mohammed is not mentioned as you say he came after Jesus , right? But our Bible ends with revelations,,now of course I have not read the new testament word for word all the way through for a very long time so as I continue to read I will look for anything that may point to Mohammed..If not in there, one wonders , why cut off the writing of the bible when they did.:SMILY23:

peace and God Bless
Sheri

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
mmmm the BiBle..which u alter words from their places .....

Of those who are Jews (there are those who) alter words from their places and say: We have heard and we disobey and: Hear, may you not be made to hear! and: Raina, distorting (the word) with their tongues and taunting about religion; and if they had said (instead): We have heard and we obey, and hearken, and Unzurna it would have been better for them and more upright; but Allah has cursed them on account of their unbelief, so they do not believe but a little. (4:46)

But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of; and you shall always discover treachery in them excepting a few of them; so pardon them and turn away; surely Allah loves those who do good (to others). (5:13)

subhan Allah..which BiBle u took about it..

75] Can ye (O ye men of Faith) entertain the hope that they will believe in you? Seeing that a party of them heard the Word of Allah, and perverted it knowingly after they understood it.

[76] Behold! when they meet the men of Faith, they say: "We believe": but when they meet each other in private, they say: "Shall you tell them what Allah hath revealed to you, that they may engage you in argument about it before your Lord?" Do ye not understand (their aim)?

[77] Know they not that Allah knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal?

[78] And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture.

[79] Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from Allah," to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.

(2:75-79)
any Way.....

Shall I then seek a judge other than Allah? And He it is Who has revealed to you the Book (which is) made plain; and those whom We have given the Book know that it is revealed by your Lord with truth, therefore you should not be of the disputers. (6:114)....

finally Keep in ur mind that..

Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning. (3:19)

And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.(3:85)

ok..See :this Article which Quoted from BiBle..

What The Bible Says About Muhammed (PBUH)

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible

Muhummed The Natural Successor To Christ

Is The Bible God's Word?

"50,000 Errors In The Bible"

The "God" That Never Was

Unfulfilled Prophecies About Jesus' Birth

The True Message of Jesus Christ

Here : Christ in Islam

peace,

islamicfajr

azlina_sam

Peace

Welcome Sis to this great website.. Hope you can acquire as much knowledge as possible with regards to Islam..

:muslim_child:

Yours truly
Azlina Sam

Ayep

The coming of the Muhammed the unlettered Prophet(illiterate Prophet) was mentioned in the Old testament:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. "
Deutronomy(Chap 18:18)

Here's some links to help you sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jNBp3yWU0k explain by Dr Zakir Naik towards the end.

The Quran was revealed to prophet Muhanmed(pbuh) by the Archangel Gabriel.When prophet Muhammad was told to read, he answered "I don't know how to read."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."
Song of Soloman(Chap 5:16)

'Muhammadim' in Hebrew translated in English becomes 'altogether lovely'. You see the original Bible is in Hebrew and what people only know today is the English version.(King James version, RSV etc.) You will never discover it in these versions!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoUass0G5-4 by Dr Zakir Naik on this verse.

Just listen to Dr Zakir's explaination, there are other verses from the Gospels prophecising the coming of Muhammad(peace be upon him)

Hope this helps sister!

Child of GOD

Ayep,
Thank you for your kind post to me. I would like to let you know that not all christians today find it strange to bow down on knees and face down.
At our very small church, a lot of us do just that. ONe of the reasons I quit going to the church that I had been going to for years was that, I felt my soul and heart were not "getting fed" so to speak . They were way to hypocritical for me. I want Gods love , I want to feel Gods love and in this church I attend now,,you can feel his presence. Its awesome!!

Blessings be
Sheri

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello,

You can even understand that a bit more, only when you analize Jesus (pbuh) his actions (what he did) and what he said (his message).
Jesus testified throughout his ministry that none had the right to be worshiped but Allah and that he was his messenger.

“If you trust me, you are really trusting God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the darkness. If anyone hears me and does not obey me, I am not his judge – for I have come to save the world not judge it. But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the Day of Judgment by the truth I have spoken. I don’t speak on my own authority. The father who sent me gave me his own instructions as to what I should say. And I know his instructions lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say.” [John 13:44-50]

The author of the book of Mark stated that when Jesus was questioned by the religious teachers about which of Allah’s laws (commandments) was the most important he replied, “The most important commandment is this: Hear, O Israel! The Lord your God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.” [Mark 12:29,30]

Jesus regularly prostrated himself before Allah in prayer. The author of the book of Matthew writes of Jesus “He went a little further and fell face down on the ground, praying.” [Matthew 26:39] In the book of Luke it says, “Then, accompanied by the disciples, Jesus left the upstairs room and went as usual to the Mount of Olives. There he told them, ‘Pray that you will not be overcome with temptation.’ He walked away, about a stone’s throw, and knelt down and prayed.” [Luke 22:39-41]

Jesus had compassion for his people (The Children of Israel) and the Gentiles, and he offered them physical and spiritual healing throughout his time on this earth according to Allah’s plan, and Allah is the best of planners. The prophecy of Isaiah had this to save about Allah’s Messenger, “Look at my Servant, whom I have strengthened. He is my chosen one, and I am pleased with him. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will reveal justice to the nations. He will be gentle – he will not shout or raise his voice in public. He will not crush those who are weak or quench the smallest hope. He will bring full justice to those who have been wronged.” [Isaiah 42:1-3] Jesus never refused help from any person who accepted him as Allah’s messenger, and he performed many miracles in the name of Allah.

Jesus Christ, the Messiah, was a Muslim (Servant of Allah), and he preached Allah’s message of Islamic Monotheism. He prostrated himself before Allah in prayer like all Muslims, and he did as Allah commanded him. And Allah gave him the wisdom of the prophets, taught him the Scripture and granted him the power to perform miracles in his name. Remember that Jesus followed the Sunnah (laws of Allah) then you will know what he would do, and know what Allah requires of you.