Unwelcome....CNN documentary made me sick

trying2learn

I just watched the CNN documentary called Unwelcome: The Muslims next door, and it literally made so mad I got sick to my stomach. If you haven't had the chance to view it you can watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRlqz3e9OrA

I was dumbfounded that people would try to trample the constitution of the United States in such a blatent manner and use prejudice as their justification. This really makes me sick

Aroosak

:wasalam:

When this first came up I tried not to watch it so I could avoid witnessing so much hate and ignorance around me. I ended up watching it a few days later since it was everywhere! it was really shocking but then I realized that we were warned about this by the Quran and the Prophet (saw) . He said in the famous hadith : “The religion will shrink back to the Hijâz like the snake shrinks back into its hole. It will cling to the Hijâz like the mountain goat clings to the mountaintop. The religion began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers who restore what the people corrupt of my Sunnah.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (#2630)]
This is a situation that is happening nowadays not only in non-muslim countries but in muslims countries. As fitnah is spreading we see less and less people who are close their deen, therefore they appear as strangers and are treated and ridiculed in such ways.

However we should not let these situations get us angry or suspicious about everyone around us.We gotta learn to be proactive and not reactive. The Quran talks harshly about people who let their anger get their best to them. Let's take the example of our brothers and sisters in this documentary who decided to take legal action and go forward with their plans to keep building the masjid. Let's educate ourselves about our constitutional rights in this country so NOBODY can take advantage of us. At the same time let's unite to protect these rights, where we see injustice let's speak up about it, let's use our resources and help each other even if it is not our masjid or our city. as the hadith says : "The similitude of the believers in their kindness, love, and affection, in their mer¬cifulness, and in their sympathy and com¬passion towards one another, is like a body, when one organ ails, the whole body suffers" (Sahih Muslim)

We should also remember that if there are people out there who hate Islam and are against Muslim there are also MANY who sympathize with our cause and are there to help us alhamdulillah. This could be a way in which Islam reaches people and dawah is made inshAllah.