Upbringing of children...into Islam

Ferrari1981

Upbringing of children...

Children are without doubt an amazing blessing of Allah (swt). With their arrival while still being unable to speak, they give their parents a very powerful message: that the roles of thee two individuals have now forever changed. From being a carefree youthful couple they have now transformed into a caring set of parents, whom the child will soon lovingly refer to as mum and dad. (Fisabilillah.org).

When a child begins talking the child should first be made to recite the kalimah:

"There is none worthy of worship but Allah (swt), Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah(swt)".

Every child has the right of Islamic education and being taught good manners upon their parents. This in turn will ensure that they lead a proper Islamic life and be saved from the hardships of this world and the Hereafter. The Quran says: "O you who believe, save yourself and your family from a fire, the fuel of which is men and stones". (Surah at-Tahrim)

The story of this book continues... I love this topic about raising children... but the issue always is about the parents first, the parents need to be motivated and be self taught into Islamic way of life in a decent environment for the child to be raised in.

Seeking a pious person can be a difficult process... even though Islam teaches us Deen is the most important aspect of any partner... I would love to have children as I'm sure anyone would but in order for that to occur a decent pious partner is required. You cant just marry anyone and hope for the best... I found someone whom I believed was a perfect pious muslimah (a dream - trustworthy, loyal, committed, pious, loving, understanding, smart, a great role model) whom I assumed would be ideal for a perfect pious partner to gain knowledge from each other and be awesome enough to raise our child the right way... in a great atmosphere with a muslim community near by and masjids close by (like in a arab country). I will always pray for her and if the future will let us be one, then I know our living environment and children will be raised well. If not at least we will know there was one who was enough, whom I will miss dearly.

In-laws are also an important aspect to the upbringing of our children if they come from a decent Islamic background too... a young family is better to spend time with as is the older generation I knew of...

Life is full of suprises and though we will have free choice to decide who to have a family with, Qadr from Allah (swt) will always be a our fate, Allah (swt) knows best and is the best of planners. May Allah (swt) give us all a chance of parenthood and raise our children the right way with the right people behind us, Ameen.

Ma'asalaama

Comment and discuss how your parents raised you and how would you raise your own (future) children...!?

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
:salam2:

Alhamdullilah, I am blessed with 4 children. I remember back home (somalia) my grany may Allah give her Jannah:tti_sister: , she died in 1989 in SaudiArabia. She used to tell us all kind of stroies :hearts: me and my sisters and brothers.We used to masage her feet and she used pray for us. Alhamdullilah, Jazaka-Allah to her now I tell those storeis to my children.

May Allah guide us all.