URGENT:Which One is Dua-E-Qunoot?

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamualykum dear brothers and sisters and moderators,

After reading this post http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36687 and http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64895 I got confused and started asking questions asking to myself that WHICH ONE IS DUA QUNOOT?????

THIS ONE ???

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36687

[size=+2]اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ ، وَعَافِنِي فِيمَنْ عَافَيْتَ ، وَتَوَلَّنِي فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ ، وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أَعْطَيْتَ ، وَقِنِي شَرَّ
مَا قَضَيْتَ ، فإِنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ ، وَإِنَّهُ لا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ ، وَلا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ ، تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَتَعَالَيْتَ

Allaahumma ihdini feeman hadayt
wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayt
wa tawallani feeman tawallayt
wa baarik li feema a’tayt
wa qini sharra ma qadayt
innaka taqdi wa la yuqda ‘alayk
wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayt
wa laa ya’izzu man ‘aadayt
tabaarakta Rabbana wa ta’aalayt[/size]

OR THIS ONE????

[size=+2]Allaahumma Innaa Nastaeenuka Wa Nastaghfiruka Wa Nu'minu Bika Wa Natawakkalu Alaika Wa Nusnee Alaikal Khaira Wa Nashkuruka Wa Laa Nakfuruka Wa Naqlaoo Wa Natruku Mai Yafjuruk Allaahumma Iyyakana'budu Wa Laka Nusallee Wa Nasjudu Wa Ilaika Nas 'aa Wa Nahfidu Wa Narjoo Rahmataka Wa Naqshaa Azaabaka Inna Azaabaka Bil Kuffari Mulhiq.[/size]

And the 2nd one is one which I use to read in salahtul Witr,..Very confused now,how there can be two dua-e-qunoots,and if there are two then which one to read :( :( :(

please help me out...

Ibn Uthaymin

Im not sure about the second one, but the first one the Prophet sallahu alyhi wassalam taught Hasan radiallahu anhu. It is the most authentic- according to Tirmithi - concerning dua of Qunoot. Shiekh Sayyid Sabiq rahamahullah mentions it in his book.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
but how comes this brother,coz this is d first tym I saw that,I never heard it till now,even our Imam's use to recite the 2nd one only :( ...

mas_adi

:salam2:

According to Shafi'i scholars in my place, the answer is the first one. But maybe Muslims in other place (or other madhab) saying Dua Qunoot in second version.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)

According to Shafi'i scholars in my place, the answer is the first one. But maybe Muslims in other place (or other madhab) saying Dua Qunoot in second version.
:wasalam:
Dear Just wants to clear that MADHAB means RELIGION,then how can you say that THE MUSLIMS OF OTHER MADHAB???:girl3::girl3:

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Ahmad ibn Hanbal, At-Tirmizhi, An-Nasaa'i, Abu-Dawood and others all reported this hadeeth narrated by Al-Hasan ibn Aliyy, may God have been pleased with all of them. He said, "The Messenger of God, peace be upon him, taught me words to say in witr: Allaahumma ihdini feeman hadayt...etc." At-Trimizhi rated it "Sound" (Hasan) and said that he did not hear anything more authentic about Qunoot. An-Nawawi rated it authentic (Saheeh). Ibn Hazm thought it was not authentic enough but added that he never found anything else about Qunoot. Ibn Hanbal stated that it is followed by Ibn Mas`ood, Abu-Moosa, Ibn `Abbaas, Al-Baraa', Anas, Al-Hasan Al-Basri, `Umar ibn `Abdil-`Azeez, Ath-Thawri, Ibn Al-Mubaarak, the Hanafis, and An-Nawawi!

I don't know about you, but that's good enough for me.

Brother Ditta quoted it right when he quoted it as follows,

Hmmm but when I was listening to the Dua-E-Qunoot by Mishary I have noticed that he was sayinig WA TAWALLANA(in the third line as quoted by Bro Dittea as WA TAWALLANI) and he is not reciting WA(in the beginning of 7th line as quoted by bro ditta he wrote WA)

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Ditta's quote is what the hadeeth says exactly.

Just listen to Mishary,he is saying Wa Tawallna not wa Tawallani and listen to the 7th line he is not saying wa in that.
Note:dear I am neither offending you nor bro Ditta,but just bringing in your notice what i heard.
Please find the attachments of those lines.

Attachments

• Du'a' Qunoot Line 3.mp3
    57.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Du'a' Qunoot Line 7.mp3
    56.8 KB · Views: 52

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Then he is wrong! You have the source hadeeth. Why would you care about less authentic references?

Besides, the differences you note are minor. "Na" means "us" while "ni" means "me." "Wa" means "and." None of it changes the meaning of the words. This not Quran where every letter must be as it was revealed.

I know its not going to make any difference in the meaning,Jazak-Allahu khairan for your time and all the patience.

it has to do with recording. I don't think a sheik will record himself making duaa Qunoot. Most likely he would lead the prayer in congregation when it was recorded. Thus he would add tawalana vs if he was by himself which is tawalani. I think this recording was specially done.

The difference between the two is na is for us while nee is for a person by him/her self.

I didn't here the recording, of didda's post. but the written is correct.

The first one is the one I am aware of. While the others I have heard but never researched for it's hadith. but don't let my limited knowledge prevent you from researching it yourself.

:wasalam:

Ibn Uthaymin

I know its not going to make any difference in the meaning,but we can't add or delete anything from anything,and who is wrong?Mishary who is an IMAAM or bro Ditta(is he a scholar)?and that Dua-e-qunoot is taken when he was leading in the Tarwaeeh, do you think he made any mistake in taraweeh???

Dont you think youre exaggerating a little too much? It doesnt matter who is Imam or a normal person, the source for it is the sunnah of the Prophet sallahu alayhi wassalam and not taraweeh.

tasin

It's the first one...
It came from sahi hadith...
No one knows where the second one came from.