URGENT!!

Assalamoalaikum,

Someone gave me the candy Almond Roca of Brown & Haley as a gift but I do not know whether it is halal. It is the Buttercrunch Toffee with Almonds version. It has whey powder in it so I'm not sure.

Please help me out as it is an urgent matter...it might melt you know..

Thank you

Thank you for the reply. But is it really halal? It has whey powder in it..how can you be sure?

It has this logo..you can look at the attachment. I wonder if its some halal logo?

Thank you

Attachments

• M logo.jpg
    M logo.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 22

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

why would it be haram? It's derived from milk and cheese. Don't go into much detail then what is apperent being haram. Halal is clear and halal is clear. Otherwise u not going soon to eat any sweees, no food or drink at all, maybe except water. But even in water they add chemicals that are not healthy to ourbody, but anyone ask about that? :)

anyways, just eat it or if ur still in doubt the send it to me and I will eat it, don't waste it. Toffees rock!

Allah knows best

wassalam

Tariq Rahman

Practising Muslim
Assalamu alaikum WRWB (May Allah (SWT) blessings & mercy be on all of you)

Ohh hoo I guess I'm late toffee must have either melted in both of your talk or sister must have already enjoyed it..remember me next time when you guys have toffee :p

Just in case if you still have that toffee with you sister then say "Bismillah al rahman al rahim" ( "In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate" ) and enjoyyyyy :D

Jazak Allah Khair..
May Allah (SWT) forgive all our mistakes/sins and guide us to the straight path, the path of those who have received his grace & mercy Ameen!

Well the toffee is safe in the fridge for now... but for the whey protein...you may know that whey is the liquid material created as a by-product of cheese production. Cheese is then made from milk mixed with an enzyme rennet. Rennet comes from cows but I don't know if rennet is halal? According to this page it is halal (http://qa.*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=432&CATE=29)...but i don't know?!?

Anyways just to let you know that I have not eaten cheese and ice cream here because of the same reason..well ice cream is mostly haram here because it usually contains fat. I can alomst always not eat any diary products here because of fat, rennet and cream. Oh by the way, cream is also haram rite?! because it contains fat...Sad but true!

Tariq Rahman

Practising Muslim
Assalamu alaikum WRWB (May Allah (SWT) blessings & mercy be on all of you)

I heard most of the rennet is microbial enzymes which is Halal but I'm really not sure about the animal rennet is haram (From Cows it should be halal) still not sure - Allah (SWT) knows best.

Even fats from animal shortening, lard are Haram

Its better not to eat if your heart dosen't agree and you have doubt their are many other toffee's

Jazak Allah Khair..
May Allah (SWT) forgive all our mistakes/sins and guide us to the straight path, the path of those who have received his grace & mercy Ameen!

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

since u want to go the hard way then don't eat it. Send it to me and il eat it subhanallah. If urin doubts then stay away. But I'm telling u not to go in extremes than what is apperent. If it doesn't say pork, pork far or khamr or alcohol then don't go into details. Are u going to check every single candy and food of what itcontains? And if it has something coming from animal, do u know which animal and are u going to chech which animal? This is extremes. Just take it easy and don't make hardship on urself. Just cause it says halal why would u believe it us halal? Who says so?
Allah knows best wassalam

ps please send the toffee to me as I can see u will throw it away

wassalam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Dear sister please send the toffee to our dear brother Muharram Inshallah, as he likes it a loot. Only see how many times he has repeated that in such a short time. :)

"please send the toffee to me "

"if ur still in doubt the send it to me and I will eat it"

"Enjoy it and give me some." :)

May Allah bless you all. Ameen

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahamtullah wa barakatuhu

I dont know why but it seems people over here in "this" post, do not even know about Halal and Haram. Instead of providing me with accurate information, they are persuading me to eat it.

Muharram23, YES, i do check every single candy and food to insure its halal.Im not sure but i think going extreme is WAY much better than going to Hell.

Please people, i want to ask from somone who has the knowledge to answer my question.Oh and I hope people dont begin blabbering that i am being too extreme or something.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Sister, the matter is simple inshaa' Allaah. If there is a blatant haraam ingredient within, then stay away. If there isn't then it is ok. If you're in doubt about a particular ingredient/product, then stay away or find out what the companies themselves say about their products where applicable.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

I dont know why but it seems people over here in "this" post, do not even know about Halal and Haram. Instead of providing me with accurate information, they are persuading me to eat it.

Muharram23, YES, i do check every single candy and food to insure its halal.Im not sure but i think going extreme is WAY much better than going to Hell.

Please people, i want to ask from somone who has the knowledge to answer my question.Oh and I hope people dont begin blabbering that i am being to extreme or something.

As-salaamu `alaykum

Sister, the matter is simple inshaa' Allaah. If there is a blatant haraam ingredient within, then stay away. If there isn't then it is ok. If you're in doubt about a particular ingredient/product, then stay away or find out what the companies themselves say about their products where applicable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:
:salam2:

I sympathy with you sister.
I agree with brother Al-Kashmiri

Now,
The situasion is where you r located!
For instance:
itz in the majority of people who occupied the country!
Then and when they agreed to more halal rite then there will be of all origin halal and caters to Islamic rite,stuff like u mentioned Ice cream,candy,cream even cheeze are all halal no problem!:ma:

You see,these product are all halal in coutries that are majority muslim and WHEN the demand on halal stuff is great!

Did you know that for example same cheese producer example chedar cheese can be haram to some country but is halal in others?

It's all in the matter of it own producer and the distributers of the product itself!

Like brother Al-Kashmiri advice to consult and find out what the companies themselves say about their products!

Like why some country get them halal and some like in your location you can't get them in halal caters to muslim rite.Maybe insha allah by dealing with them seriously they can get into your country stuff that caters to the Islamic rite!Insya allah!

I suggest you seek help from the Islamic council in your country to have their say and assist you in this matter!The result can be wonderful:ma:With all the halal goodies that can end up in your country eventually!

There a start in everything!

All The Best!
:tti_sister:~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

And

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam.